The online racing simulator
Shift keyboard keys wont turn off helpppp!!!
On lfs every time i play the shift button seems to come one by itself? And i keep getting a box pop up saying somethin about sticky keys:s i have had a it try and change settings

please helpp
Are you using LFS Strobe everytime you use LFS (the program that makes the car's lights flash and toot the horn :razz? If its not properly configures the shift/caps/numlock/scroll-lock (depending on your configured key) starts to act up... Does this only come up when you use LFS?

The sticky-keys prompt comes up if you've pressed the shift key 5 times in succession. To turn that prompt coming up, go to control panel > Ease of access centre > make the keyboard easier to use > setup sticky keys (this is assuming you're using Vista) and check Filter keys settings while you're there. This'll stop the sticky key prompt coming up, but not address what's causing the shift key to act erratically in the first place...

Btw, the the sticky key prompt comes up only if the shift key is pressed repeatedly, not if its held down - so its not like if something is stuck under the shift-key... and its odd that your message don't have any capitalized letters (if the shift was being stuck repeatedly your text should aPPeAr LikE tHiS )

Did you spill any drinks on it or anything?
thanks for your reply!

i have no idea! i just deleted it lol

well as i type it is all over the place but when it posts it fixes itself?
its a absolute pain in the ass on lfs it will spec me as a change gears!

i have turned all of that off! it also happens on msn ect

only after i have used lfs
Just to clear it up - if you restart your PC and use windows/browser/msn everything is okay, but when you start up LFS the shift key goes bonkers?
OK, if i play live for speed i will tend to get the problem, i will close lfs and it will still happen, i will reboot the laptop and then it will be fine for 30 mins and start doin it again, i have changed all those settings.

sorry for being confusing lol
still got drama's also im using laptop with mouse./
keyboard is a freakin disgrace anyhow. just dont use it. use mouse
Quote from xtraction :keyboard is a freakin disgrace anyhow. just dont use it. use mouse

iuse mouse to steer and keyboard to change gears
anx lfs! now my laptop has died
Sticky Keys can be turned off easily. While gaming or idle, hit SHIFT many times. U should be able to turn it off in there. I got it disabled, so i get a message if i want to turn it back on.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG