The online racing simulator
Game freezes every now and then
(11 posts, started )
hi folks

since some weeks, the game freezes for 5-10 seconds, when someone leaves the pits. i cant do anything against, i just drive around, it freezes, i see the interior and still hear the engine, but like stuttering and after 5-10 seconds i find myself in the walls or off track. mostly when i drive on cargame.nl s2 and theres "rush hour", while many people leaving the pits. its really annoying. it doesnt happen everytime when someone leaves the pits, but every now and then.

some weeks ago i was searching the forum for similiar problems and boothy wrote to turn off the automatic skin download thingy in the options. so i did, most of the cars are blank now (which really sucks) but its still freezing when some leave the pits, and then lfs tells "Couldn't load Skinfile: fzr_xxx.jpg" (donnu the right advice, because my lfs is in german)

are there any other suggestions what to do against ?

thank you
Freezing
Had a similar problem last week.

Turned out to be a corrupt sound driver update.
I had used Creative labs autoupdater and everything seemed to be ok apart from occasionall stuttering sound. Then I noticed the freezing when others left pits.

I also had a problem in another game.

I manually downloaded the latest driver from creative website, Uninstalled then reinstalled sound driver and all is fine now.

Might be worth a reinstall of your sound driver. I can't see why it caused that problem in particular but the reinstall only took a few minutes.
I had this problem when I overclocked my graphics card.
everything's fine with the audio driver and i didnt made any changes on my graphic card
Hmm, don't think I said turn off skin downloading, but I do advise you to check how many files you have in the skins_x folder, and perhaps just delete all of them.

I would also run Process Explorer (task manager, but much better) so you can see the cpu history of things. If you experience the freezes then check the LFS process as well as others to see if there's a cpu usage spike, perhaps even a lack of memory or something.
I had that on my other PC a year ago, problem was hardware related as Boof is on about.
Do you think we are mindreaders?
Do you think I am not experimenting with possible solutions myself?
I'm having the exact same issue, and no other game has this issue, it started few weeks ago.

It ruinned 2 league races already

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG