The online racing simulator
Alsa Corp 'Soft Feel' and other sprayed rubber finishes
Does anyone have any experience with this or other sprayed rubber finishes? I'm looking for a nice solution to use for the tires on my thesis model. Normally I'd get large RC car wheels and tires but that's not an option with this project.

Simple flat paints look crap in these situations and since I'm doing an open wheel vehicle, it's important that the tires look like tires.

Any input is appreciated
They are using some sort of soft feel rubber on the Cr-48 that's really nice to the touch. I've not drooped the computer yet because of the grip it provides, and it does not look to bad also.
I'm looking more for input on the use of these types of paints and surface treatments (does the stuff in a can actually stick? Actually work as advertised? So toxic it will kill me and my family within 25.8 seconds?).

Does anyone know about this stuff?
Plasti-Dip is a rubber spray paint that also comes in other application methods. You can get it by the can too. I've seen people use this stuff on their rims so it should be durable; plus, it peels right off leaving the original finish intact.
How about hand-truck tires? Some hardware/tool stores sell them.
Quote from wheel4hummer :How about hand-truck tires? Some hardware/tool stores sell them.

I need slicks at a very specific size, and I need only the tread, not the sidewalls. The wheels are being prototyped at the moment I'm just trying to find the best solution for making the plastic tires look like rubber.
#8 - Bean0
Quote from MAGGOT :I need slicks at a very specific size, and I need only the tread, not the sidewalls. The wheels are being prototyped at the moment I'm just trying to find the best solution for making the plastic tires look like rubber.

Bicycle inner tube ?
Too narrow, and flattening it out to achieve the width won't work so well since it's molded as a tube.
What is the surface like? Is it glossy or matte? Does it have a little bit of a texture to it? Does it come in a very, very dark grey? The black will probably be too dark to look right as a tire.

[EDIT] I've found a picture of it on an Outback owner's group of some plain black treatment, it has a satin finish. Looks nice, I'll have to keep looking to see if it'll be right for me, though. Looks promising.
so im guessing the scale and shape of the wheels themselves is the constraining factor here, that you can't simply glue 2-3mm thick rubber on it, and trim/taper the edges?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG