The online racing simulator
KOVODEMONT ENDURANCE 2011 CUP 6hrs
(94 posts, started )
Good race yesterday, guys.

Most things seemed to be in order, though there were some confusion during the start and during safety-car.

I still believe you should stick to using two rows on the start. Using one row results in too much distance between the cars when greenflagged. It clearly showed that yesterday.
Take a look at how they do it in Masters of Endurance. From a certain point on the track, the cars are no longer allowed to heat up tires and are forced to start formatting into two rows. Having some clear rules for how its done, is really important and will make it alot more smooth.

There were problems with the speedlimits during SC and pace-car aswell. I watched some of the replay and it was quite clear, that most of us were going faster than the allowed speedlimits.
A while before the SC is leaving the track, tire-heating shouldn't be allowed, and people should gather up closely behind the SC. Just like on the start. When the SC leaves the track, you keep the current speed (120 km/h) until the leader crosses the start/finish line and the green flag is waved. Yesterday people just went full speed through the last corner, on to the main straight, before the race was greenflagged.

Oh and regarding the name formats... The format we used yesterday (carnumber - teamname - drivername) worked out ok, but I think it would be better (and easier) to just use the car-number and drivername (ie. 003 - wildstyle). It would make it less of a hassle for most of the drivers and I believe it would be a bit more manageable this way.
Quote from wildstyle :Good race yesterday, guys.

Most things seemed to be in order, though there were some confusion during the start and during safety-car.

I still believe you should stick to using two rows on the start. Using one row results in too much distance between the cars when greenflagged. It clearly showed that yesterday.
Take a look at how they do it in Masters of Endurance. From a certain point on the track, the cars are no longer allowed to heat up tires and are forced to start formatting into two rows. Having some clear rules for how its done, is really important and will make it alot more smooth.

There were problems with the speedlimits during SC and pace-car aswell. I watched some of the replay and it was quite clear, that most of us were going faster than the allowed speedlimits.
A while before the SC is leaving the track, tire-heating shouldn't be allowed, and people should gather up closely behind the SC. Just like on the start. When the SC leaves the track, you keep the current speed (120 km/h) until the leader crosses the start/finish line and the green flag is waved. Yesterday people just went full speed through the last corner, on to the main straight, before the race was greenflagged.

Oh and regarding the name formats... The format we used yesterday (carnumber - teamname - drivername) worked out ok, but I think it would be better (and easier) to just use the car-number and drivername (ie. 003 - wildstyle). It would make it less of a hassle for most of the drivers and I believe it would be a bit more manageable this way.

thx for your post, we know the problems about SC and start and other, we will repair it to the main race, thats it why we gone a test race
Quote from rododendron :thx for your post, we know the problems about SC and start and other, we will repair it to the main race, thats it why we gone a test race

Just to be clear... Are you guys planning on doing another test race? Or did I misread your post?
Quote from wildstyle :Just to be clear... Are you guys planning on doing another test race? Or did I misread your post?

We dont planning, but we will try it before race on a race day certainly few times, so i hope it will be alright
Yanns first post. LOL!

totally awsum stuff
Are the races still going to be streamed live? And how about commentating?
Quote from wildstyle :Are the races still going to be streamed live? And how about commentating?

Yes. Yes. Not sure about english talking though.
Quote from Kid222 :Yes. Yes. Not sure about english talking though.

OK, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Hello guys,
dont forget, this saturday we will started
would like to take part in this, so if any team is searching for a driver feel free to contact me

i was doing EGT cup on Sunday on this track as well, maybe some people from the czech community know me from it.

just want to have some fun although i'm not that fast
Quote from Timo1992 :would like to take part in this, so if any team is searching for a driver feel free to contact me

i was doing EGT cup on Sunday on this track as well, maybe some people from the czech community know me from it.

just want to have some fun although i'm not that fast

Rodo you answer me I can not much English
1.race of Kovodemont endurance 2011

Date : 26.3.2011
Time : 17:20 CET qualification ( 30 min )
17:50 - 18:00 CET break
18:00 CET race ( 6 hours )

Weather: cloudy, low wind
Server : - KxR racing zone -
Spare server : ALTP server
Password : Kingston

Come to server before 17:00 CET pls !!!
is there any broadcast on, and if yes, then what is the address?
if no, then is it possible to trace tracker?
Nice effort with the stream guys, but I'd advice you to run TV Director next time, default cams aren't fitting so well with livestreams.

Would be nice if you could get a race tracker also.
Race was good, guys. I'm happy with my mate and my perfomance apart from the crash.

As Yann pointed out. Next time you will definitely need a tracker for those who timed out. You should write a pm to boothy for that.

What I didn't like about this race was the fact that there was some big chat in the end. You should give DT's for each chat line next time.

Ye I know I was chatting one or two times as well, but that was because I was unsure about the rules concerning the SC.
We was using a tv director in previous races, i dont know where was problem today, and tracker we want too, we will try it for next time, i will contact Boothy about help.

but thx for interesting race and experience, for next time we will heve a better server, its our first bigger cup, so pls sorry for some mistakes, we will do everything for eliminate it for next time

if you have anything on heart about the race, pls post it here http://forum.czechlfs.net/showthread.php?t=2823 (protests, feelings, etc.) and if you know, pls post there when your connection failed (lap and team number) thx
Stream was my concern, i got late to my PC, just before race and couldn't get the cameras working, there were holes in the track textures, so my choice was done there. I'll try to get more spots next time, because 50 people was off my expectations scale.

Also i hope tracker, race penalties and more race stewards will be present next time. Don't give up on us, it's gonna go better.:cyclops:
Quote from rododendron :We was using a tv director in previous races, i dont know where was problem today, and tracker we want too, we will try it for next time, i will contact Boothy about help.

No need to contact him AFAIK. He released the whole thing recently(http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=73414), downloading it and following the instructions should be enough. Never tested it myself though.
Quote from Timo1992 :Race was good, guys. I'm happy with my mate and my perfomance apart from the crash.

As Yann pointed out. Next time you will definitely need a tracker for those who timed out. You should write a pm to boothy for that.

What I didn't like about this race was the fact that there was some big chat in the end. You should give DT's for each chat line next time.

Ye I know I was chatting one or two times as well, but that was because I was unsure about the rules concerning the SC.

I agree about the tracker and the chatting during the race.

A tracker is a must have during an endurance race. I have to admit that I don't really understand how you can announce that a tracker will be available, when you clearly aren't able to set it up.

In the .docx document that was send out earlier today it was also made clear, that chatting during the race is not allowed, and that it will result in a DT penalty.
I wrote the document in order for non-czech participants to be able to understand the rules better. The small-english part of the KxR site lacks a lot of information and is very unclear, so I took the time to translate it and make it easier to understand.

However; there's still quite a few things missing. But since I'm not the one who calls the shots and I'm not a part of the administration, I didn't want to change or add anything other than a some parts that needed to be changed to make it understandable.

There must be (!!!) some clear and understandable rules for when the SC is deployed. Almost everyone was still in doubt when to pass and when not pass. Some cars passed lapped cars during SC, others didn't. There were also confusion when a crash occured under SC, nobody knew if the driver that crashed could reclaim his former position or if he just had to stay in his current position.

And as most of you already know... A better server is needed. Waaaay too many accidents due to lag. Cars kept dissapearing and out of nowhere - they reappeared right in front of you.

Overall it was a rather dissapointing experience. I also hoped for a bigger grid, hopefully there will be more drivers in the next round.

And one last thing before this posts is tl;dr... When putting together a series of races that welcomes foreign teams and drivers. You simply have to do the main part of the event in english. It really doesn't work out when all the non-czech's don't understand 90% of what's going on.

To make this a better cup, you need to do the following;

- Make sure to have all (!) the information written in proper english - from the beginning.
- Create a proper set of rules. The ones you already have is ok - but there are still a lot missing, which ends up confusing everyone.
- Before promising that there will be a tracker, please make sure that you have one available and be sure to know how to set it up.
- Use a server that can handle the amount of estimated drivers. Just imagine what it would have been like if there had been 20+ cars on the server.
- Don't have the commentator on the stream acting as the push- or safety-car driver. It was hella boring on the stream, while the SC was on track (and that was a lot).
- Be more strict about the rules; ie. there were drivers that didn't use their real names - that should be penalized. People were also speeding under SC even the SC itself were going up to 170 km/h.
- Use the TV Director on the stream. I'm sure the czech commentators did a great job - but it would be a lot more versatile if you had some english speaking commentators.

Don't take this critisiscm the wrong way. It's great that people take the time to do this kind of events. But there's still a long way to go. I'm sure it will be better next time though.
Quote from wildstyle :I agree about the tracker and the chatting during the race.

A tracker is a must have during an endurance race. I have to admit that I don't really understand how you can announce that a tracker will be available, when you clearly aren't able to set it up.

In the .docx document that was send out earlier today it was also made clear, that chatting during the race is not allowed, and that it will result in a DT penalty.
I wrote the document in order for non-czech participants to be able to understand the rules better. The small-english part of the KxR site lacks a lot of information and is very unclear, so I took the time to translate it and make it easier to understand.

However; there's still quite a few things missing. But since I'm not the one who calls the shots and I'm not a part of the administration, I didn't want to change or add anything other than a some parts that needed to be changed to make it understandable.

There must be (!!!) some clear and understandable rules for when the SC is deployed. Almost everyone was still in doubt when to pass and when not pass. Some cars passed lapped cars during SC, others didn't. There were also confusion when a crash occured under SC, nobody knew if the driver that crashed could reclaim his former position or if he just had to stay in his current position.

And as most of you already know... A better server is needed. Waaaay too many accidents due to lag. Cars kept dissapearing and out of nowhere - they reappeared right in front of you.

Overall it was a rather dissapointing experience. I also hoped for a bigger grid, hopefully there will be more drivers in the next round.

And one last thing before this posts is tl;dr... When putting together a series of races that welcomes foreign teams and drivers. You simply have to do the main part of the event in english. It really doesn't work out when all the non-czech's don't understand 90% of what's going on.

To make this a better cup, you need to do the following;

- Make sure to have all (!) the information written in proper english - from the beginning.
- Create a proper set of rules. The ones you already have is ok - but there are still a lot missing, which ends up confusing everyone.
- Before promising that there will be a tracker, please make sure that you have one available and be sure to know how to set it up.
- Use a server that can handle the amount of estimated drivers. Just imagine what it would have been like if there had been 20+ cars on the server.
- Don't have the commentator on the stream acting as the push- or safety-car driver. It was hella boring on the stream, while the SC was on track (and that was a lot).
- Be more strict about the rules; ie. there were drivers that didn't use their real names - that should be penalized. People were also speeding under SC even the SC itself were going up to 170 km/h.
- Use the TV Director on the stream. I'm sure the czech commentators did a great job - but it would be a lot more versatile if you had some english speaking commentators.

Don't take this critisiscm the wrong way. It's great that people take the time to do this kind of events. But there's still a long way to go. I'm sure it will be better next time though.

Ok man, we will do everything to make it better for next time, the main thing will be the other server, i hope the tracker, edited rules about SC (forbidden overtaking SC, when you crash under SC you lost your position),and TV director (i dont know why it didnt work yesterday)

Its need a lot of people, and its so difficult, czech rep is little ****ing country and its difficult to find anybody, thats a why the SC was a commentatory too. We have one guy for SC but he has broken PC.
Its our first cup, so give us little bit of time and we will make it better, each race are new experiences and it helps us to make it better for next time.
About starting grid: in Kovo cup are about 40 drivers logged, but they made teams about 3-4 drivers, so thats why there are only 18 teams, yesterday were another races too (kyoto, one czech cup,etc.), i hope we will starting with more drivers next month

But i think, the race werent the worse, there were great fights and behavior too (except the chating), we gave them a warning.

About stream, you have to understand, there are mostly czech viwers and a commentatory dont speak english as great as czech , thats like me when i go Apex cup, the stream is in English, and i dont understand too

So thanks for your observations, i hope we will see ya in next race and some mistakes will be repaired, we are everybody go to job, and time for this is little, but trust me we are doing everything to make it better , but the race is the best thing which show us, where are the shortcomings

So have a nice day and see ya on the track
Quote from rododendron :
About starting grid: in Kovo cup are about 40 drivers logged, but they made teams about 3-4 drivers, so thats why there are only 18 teams, yesterday were another races too (kyoto, one czech cup,etc.), i hope we will starting with more drivers next month

Maybe you could change from AS5R to AS3R in the next event? Even with a full lineup, AS5 will leave a lot of room between the cars.

Just a suggestion
When will the final results for round1 be available?
Quote from wildstyle :When will the final results for round1 be available?

Hello, we are sorry for delay the results, but commissioners are making a decision about difficult protests. I was informed, today or tommorow it will be posted, we have only unofficial results, but we will post it when it will be official. Thanks

Unofficial:

1. Top Gear - 136 Laps
2. Plzeň - 136 Laps
3. APR - 136 Laps
4. DABAR Racing - 136 Laps
5. HH Racing - 136 Laps
6. Ag 96 + 18 + 20 = 134 Laps
7. Recoil - 83 + 51 = 134 laps
8. M3R - 99 + 35 = 134 Laps
9. DD - 33 + 65 + 38 = 134 Lap -2 Laps (garage)
10. KxR - 132 Laps
11. Parfox - 119 + 10 = 129 Laps

KOVODEMONT ENDURANCE 2011 CUP 6hrs
(94 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG