#26 - Woz

Its been easier today, far less activity. Big boom near us earlier but was just a quick jolt. You hear what sounds like an explosion for that type before the bump.

When it rumbles you panic, not had any of those today.
Hope you are okay guys (if anyone else is around there beside Woz).
awwwwwwwwww nuuuuuu!

Not again, bru.
-
(Chupacabras84) DELETED by Chupacabras84
Aroha to all the Ch bro's and our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

65 dead so far, probably far higher.

Struck at lunch but at about 5 km depth it just dealt to the brick buildings.

Lyttleton got bowled by huge boulders, the vid's on youtube.

We've got large numbers trapped and are working to free them overnight. We've already lost people to aftershocks so it's a major challenge to get them free.

Many thanks to the Aussi's who already have a team on the ground, all ours are deployed and thanks for all the offers of support from the US etc.
My friend lives in Christchurch but escaped without injury. Also her family are ok. best of luck fellas!
Thats the Pine Gould building. That's just one of many .......
Has anyone heard from Woz since last week's quake?
#37 - Woz
I was in the west side of town when this hit. The building I was in held up well, unlike the rest of town. Was violent but for me it did not feel as bad as the 7, others who lived in town said it was worse but Chch was further away from the 7 so that is expected as this one was almost in town and only 5Km deep.

Glad I live on the plains this time. This one has crippled town, soooo sad

Looks like the death toll will hit 200-300 in the end once they have pulled through the rubble. 30+% of the CBD will have to be pulled down. Christchurch is just f**ked, only way to put it

After the 7.1 there was a good vibe shortly after, we got off so easy.

This time is so different. Everyone is going up and down mentally. Worst story I have heard to date is the man who had to have both legs cut off above the knees with a pocket knife + hacksaw to get him free and save his life. Can't even imagine and don't want to
#38 - Woz
Many in the area are battled hardended now. We have lived through 4700+ after shocks since the 7.1, something that will probably supprise a few people.

Here are the stats http://quake.crowe.co.nz/
F1 = 3
F2 = 2882
F3 = 1594
F4 = 227
F5 = 20
F6 = 1
F7 = 1

Almost every day there are 1+ above 4 so you get more flippant about them, or you would go under. Most in the area dont even react to less than a 4 now. At work we play guess the force before the drums show the size.

More areas are getting power back now but many areas without power and water still. When you have water you cant drink without boiling for 3+ mins.

Would hate to think what would happen to the scum that stole the generators from the phone masts after it hit if the locals got hold of them. Wonder how many trapped people they stopped calling for help?
We had a similar situation here with hundreads of dead and many thousands of homeless, only the cause was a crap combination of torrential rain and houses built in dodgy areas.

It's as bad as it can get, I hope all you guys recover and can move on as fast and un-painful as possible.
So a massive earthquake has hit your town and you still have internet? Cool.
#41 - Woz
Quote from S14 DRIFT :So a massive earthquake has hit your town and you still have internet? Cool.

The net has been up for most since it started.

I live about 50Km from Christchurch near where the 7 hit, hence why Chch got off so light last time. The 6 hit just on the edge of Christchurch hence the massive damage there. There are areas of Chch still without power and water. Telecom has set up centres with free mobiles and internet for those people to contact loved ones.

The phone/net infrastructure has become as vital as most other services these days, so much routes through it so there is always a push to get back up again
Hey WOZ and everyone else, I live in CHCH, in St Martins. We are so lucky, I was at work in rolleston just out of chch and felt the 6.3, we thought it was near the original fault line, but it wasn't till a work mate rang her sister and to hear she was trapped in a building did it struck us that it was near the city and had caused massive damage.

My partner works in Westfield Riccarton Mall, which is our largest two storey shopping mall, greatful that she got out fine. I'm 29 years old and have never been so scared in my life! heading back into town and seeing smoke from the city centre rising on the horizon, driving for 3hr's the same distance on a normal day at the same time it would take 20min's!

As I said at the top I was lucky, we had no real damage to the house that we can see and only lost all our pantry contents. Floor speakers fell over and damaged the wall and cat disappeared for a few days. ( just had shake then! )

Friends and workmates lost family in friends, it is still very scary for us all. I know floods can be just as deadly, but you can see a flood come and go, earthquakes you can not!
Quote from KWAK7 :Hey WOZ and everyone else, I live in CHCH, in St Martins. We are so lucky, I was at work in rolleston just out of chch and felt the 6.3, we thought it was near the original fault line, but it wasn't till a work mate rang her sister and to hear she was trapped in a building did it struck us that it was near the city and had caused massive damage.

My partner works in Westfield Riccarton Mall, which is our largest two storey shopping mall, greatful that she got out fine. I'm 29 years old and have never been so scared in my life! heading back into town and seeing smoke from the city centre rising on the horizon, driving for 3hr's the same distance on a normal day at the same time it would take 20min's!

As I said at the top I was lucky, we had no real damage to the house that we can see and only lost all our pantry contents. Floor speakers fell over and damaged the wall and cat disappeared for a few days. ( just had shake then! )

Friends and workmates lost family in friends, it is still very scary for us all. I know floods can be just as deadly, but you can see a flood come and go, earthquakes you can not!

Good to hear you and your family are all good
#44 - Woz
Quote from KWAK7 :....

Good to hear you are ok along with family. The mood is so different this time

It was brutal, where were you for the 7 as out near Darfield that was far worse than what I felt in town for the 6. The 6 was the highest recorded lateral shift in an urban area recorded world wide so I guess we were lucky more of town is not flat.

Have friend in North Bton and he now has water but still no sewerage, like most of the area. See the Govt have now said whole areas will be knocked down and rebuilt elsewhere. 10000 houses to go and 900 buildings in CBD.

The odd thing with this one is I just didn't hear it coming. If they are big you normally hear it, then the rumble starts an then the wobble after. Some of the aftershocks of the 7 sounded like explosions on the plains but the 6 was silent and nothing to boom full force.

I am going to get the drums for the 7 and the 6 as a tattoo to remind me

Keep safe

Woz

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG