The online racing simulator
#1 - BriZz
LFS Dedicated Server - CPU usage Problems!
Hi.. i have some dedicated servers like Counter Strike, Live For Speed, Battlefield 2. and something weird happens when i start a live for speed dedicated host.. here are some screenshots to see it..

this is the CPU usage without live for speed dedicated host..

and this is the CPU usage with the live for speed dedicated host running

The thing is that the live for speed cpu usage is normal (0%-1%) but the other games increases the cpu usage, and i don't know why..can somebody help me?

Thanks

MecaHost
Attached images
6 juegos runing sin lfs 3%cpu system.JPG
5juegos + lfs uso de cpu 54% y mas pero lfs 1%.JPG
#2 - dopez
I've noticed quite high system load (not user/process load(!)) when the LFS server is almost full but since i host the server on linux with wine i figured it might be just wine or something, maybe its related? (i saw you didnt enable show kernel times in the task manager, maybe you could check that?)
ive not seen loads more then 2 on my linux box with a few lfs servers going
#4 - dopez
my load isnt that high, its when i look with vmstat i see that the system uses around 20-40 percent and user is only at around 5 or so, and this was with only 6 people on a demo server.

i found it just strange its system and not user that is hitting the cpu.
Are you running with HT enabled? If so, try disabling it, and seeing how it reacts. A couple of quid says its much better.
If you cant physically get at the box to force HT off, you might want to try forcing LFS onto 1 CPU (you can do this via the task manager - right click on the process and you can set the affinity [iirc]).
#7 - BriZz
Quote from the_angry_angel :If you cant physically get at the box to force HT off, you might want to try forcing LFS onto 1 CPU (you can do this via the task manager - right click on the process and you can set the affinity [iirc]).

i tried it, but the problem is still there.. also if i put the LFS on CPU 0 and the other games on CPU 1 2 or 3..

thanks for all the answers.

if anyone has another idea....
Which options are you running the dedi server under? Invisible or with GUI? Have you tried both?
#9 - BriZz
Quote from the_angry_angel :Which options are you running the dedi server under? Invisible or with GUI? Have you tried both?

yes.. both..
The only thing I can really suggest, is trying it with HT off, which will require physical access to the box to do You boot into the bios, and alter the HT setting to disabled.

It is known that LFS doesnt play well with HT, unfortunately.
Quote from the_angry_angel :The only thing I can really suggest, is trying it with HT off, which will require physical access to the box to do You boot into the bios, and alter the HT setting to disabled.

It is known that LFS doesnt play well with HT, unfortunately.

we tried without HT and the servers doesn't work fine..so we enabled it again..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG