The online racing simulator
cinema 4d knowlegde
(11 posts, started )
cinema 4d knowlegde
well has anyone of you some knowledge for cinema 4d?
i could google myself but i prefer to have people to people contact instead of machine to people contact.

i'm especially seeking knowledge about skinning, after i've read that in 3ds its just applying the game-skin to ONE object and the rest is done by the prog.

so i've tried various ways of skinning the fxo but it just looked weird...
so noone actually uses another prog than 3ds...

sad...
#4 - joen
Quote from micha1980de :well has anyone of you some knowledge for cinema 4d?
i could google myself but i prefer to have people to people contact instead of machine to people contact.

i'm especially seeking knowledge about skinning, after i've read that in 3ds its just applying the game-skin to ONE object and the rest is done by the prog.

so i've tried various ways of skinning the fxo but it just looked weird...

But what do Cinema4D and skinning have to do with eachother? Sure you can make a skin and then render it onto a car in 3DS, Cinema4D, Lightwave, etc. but that doesn't have to do much with skinning itself. And you say you're after knowledge about skinning.
And applying the skin to an object is not all there is to it. You'll have to apply/make textures, create materials for other parts of the car. This is not done automatically. And you'll have to figure out lighting, shading, etc if you want to make it look good.
Unless you're talking about pre-made scenes.

But uh, don't know anything about C4D though
wops.. okay nevermind, now i remember don and kid use lightwave, i couldn't remember

@joen, i dont think its the problem of skinning, its obviously a problem that he doesnt understand how to apply materials and lighting, scene, etc.
#6 - joen
take a look at these and tell me if texturization with 3ds is simplier or not...
it's not like i didn't improve since the first post, but as time changes, the time for my projects went very short...
sad too.
Attached images
Prog.jpg
render0071.jpg
render0072.jpg
#8 - joen
It's not really possible to tell from a picture, it won't give a good impression of how the program works. But, judging by the picture it's quite similar to 3DS as far as the interface is concerned.
I notice there's some sort of object browser on the right. That's kinda nice you can see all the objects with the materials applied to them. 3DS doesn't have that (as far as I know)
But it's hard to get things right no matter what tool u are using I guess. Especially making materials and setting up lighting can be very hard to get right.
true, but i was always nagged by the fact that you just apply one texture to a object and the skin just looked right...
it was a real pain in the ass to assign all these different materials and textures to the FXR, since there are no mats applied to the original 3ds file.
Dunno how its in 3ds max, but it aways sounded so simple to get these great looking images from that programm.

regards
Quote from micha1980de :true, but i was always nagged by the fact that you just apply one texture to a object and the skin just looked right...
it was a real pain in the ass to assign all these different materials and textures to the FXR, since there are no mats applied to the original 3ds file.
Dunno how its in 3ds max, but it aways sounded so simple to get these great looking images from that programm.

regards

The LFS car models should already have UVW unwrapped texture co-ords info embedded, so when you apply the skin to the right material, the skin should fall in place exactly. The car models should also already have different material IDs assigned to them, as long as you find out which ID is for which object(i.e. lights, windows, wheels etc.), you should be able to apply what materials you wanted. There is never a simple one material that assigned to the LFS car in 3ds max. There are over 20(at least) sub materials for one car, each sub material has its own ID which match the object's material ID.
One single material for the whole car will not look right, for example the car body is shiney and reflective but the tyres are not, therefore you will need different type of materials apply to a car. The texture map could be same, but not the materials.
well in "That" case i'd like to know what Id is used...

otherwise, there has to be a place for lfs-skinning tutorials.

<<< keeps on googling...

cinema 4d knowlegde
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG