The online racing simulator
Quote from MoMo92i :first race in GTAL without E-Team...gonna cry

Which means that SR is now the only team to have taken part in every single race since the champ's creation
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Which means that SR is now the only team to have taken part in every single race since the champ's creation

I would argue TEM is just a reformed scuderia forza so no.

What you mean it isn't?
Quote from hyntty :I would argue TEM is just a reformed scuderia forza so no.

Even if what you argued is true... Forza missed 2 races in 2009 due to various noobishness on our behalf. And TEM missed 2010's opening round due to deko thinking we were an SRLT-bis() and putting us on the reserve list.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Even if what you argued is true... Forza missed 2 races in 2009 due to various noobishness on our behalf. And TEM missed 2010's opening round due to deko thinking we were an SRLT-bis() and putting us on the reserve list.

But:

1) You IIRC have took part in every race event there has been, even if you got dq'd in qualifying because Niko is a bit of an idiot.

2) Being a reserve team doesn't really count towards not being present.
Quote from hyntty :
1) You IIRC have took part in every race event there has been, even if you got dq'd in qualifying because Niko is a bit of an idiot.

Wrong, we missed round 5 due to Bambo thinking that the race was gonna start 3 hours later than it actually did.
Cock.

However, I'm still partly right. Critically even more right than you. There's no evidence of SR being present in R1 in S1.
Community Year End Awards should add an E-Penis award just for this offtopic nonsense.
SR didn't do the first GTAL round, so I think the perinial team award goes to SCP now that FUBAR have buggered off.
-
(CSF) DELETED by CSF
Quote from PMD9409 :I think this is something I've used before. Pretty quick IIRC.

omg, did a stint earlier this morning, this setup is NUTS !!
like its just made for me just fits perfect with my driving style

Question to all of you about tyre warming under safety car:
The problem is, i cant get heat into the tyres under safety car,
just when i turn into first or second gear, slow down to 50kmh or slower and than give full power and turn hardly left and right at the same time.
but the problem is, i'm afraid the rubber from the tyres will go and burn away immidiately so that i cant complete a stint then. so my question is, if i try putting heat into the tyres under safety car in this way, will it effort to the rubber on the tyres and burn it away more quickly or will the rubber stay the same and the tyre just heaten up ?
when warming tires if you leave a black mark your tires will wear there is no getting around it unfortunately just drive harder when safety car goes back in
Your welcome for the set. Should turn very well if that's how your style works.

For tire warming, shouldn't be much of the problem. Scrubbing your tires at 60mph shouldn't do as much damage to the tire as when you are doing 120mph in race conditions.
Is there going to be a testrace? It would be really nice to have one because streets of city are really tight and racing with other cars is completely different than doing the whole stint alone without seeing anybody
I'll be in class, so if deko or boothy could do it then you'll see one.
Yeah we'll be able to set it up as usual, 19 utc, maybe with some rolling start practice beforehand.
Im struggling with keeping left rear cool. Its quite irritating when you check and its 115 all across the tyre after only 13 laps and any left hander is damn near impossible to make :|

Any tips on how to cool it? Using PMDs race set btw so meh. Nice set btw
i increased the left front / right tyre pressure to 170 bar as i had the same problems until lap 15, but even the tyres went hot to about 120 degress the set still goes well through the turns. however with a bit more pressure on the left, especially rear it cools a bit more down quicker. and if they still overheat a bit out of the right turns, dont brake too late or push the throttle to early and try to get around those corners way more smoothy
hey deko, can you email me the password if its been emailed out yet. Dont have one thanks Matt
Quote from Mustangman759 :hey deko, can you email me the password if its been emailed out yet. Dont have one thanks Matt

This is the one time you don't PM me for something this round ?

Sent.
what about the testrace ?
Guard rails and barriers, here I come!

Gotta love those. Now I might understand why Scotty doesxD
Just reminding teams that a testrace will be held tonight. Would be good for everyone to get out any eventual anger out of their system now so we can have a clean opening lap on raceday ty.
Quote from dekojester :This is the one time you don't PM me for something this round ?

Sent.

thats me never predictable, thanks guys
overcast day sucks
Bit of variety, plus you get 12 hours of clear day at BL1

Round 5: Race Discussion
(144 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG