The online racing simulator
FIA's annual F1 survey
(36 posts, started )
#1 - wE1l
FIA's annual F1 survey
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#2 - Gunn
The last several years I have voted (early surveys were shorter and done via email IIRC) ...... and not made a lick of difference. Most of the silly rules were still implemented.

As a rough guide, if the FIA says a new rule is designed to increase overtaking opportunities or improve spectator enjoyment, it won't.
If the FIA says that a new rule is designed to reduce operating costs for the teams, it will do the opposite.
I like the way nothing is mentioned about engine freezes or that split rear wing and our views on it.
Am I the only one who can't find the actual survey? Maybe it's a fake blonde thing. I can find the press release, but not the actual questionaire. I want to tell them they've screwed up the mechanical/aerodynamic grip balance again so they can ignore me again.
Quote from Becky Rose :Am I the only one who can't find the actual survey? Maybe it's a fake blonde thing. I can find the press release, but not the actual questionaire. I want to tell them they've screwed up the mechanical/aerodynamic grip balance again so they can ignore me again.

There's not a single question that goes into the technical part. Only a few questions how much you are interested in the techical parts of F1.

It's the large banner middle-left-under in the screen.
Yeah, that big animated thing, just click on it. After it's finished the animation it will show "click here" anyway
Quote from thisnameistaken :Q1) Do you think Max Mosley is brilliant?
[ ] Yes.
[ ] He's quite brilliant.
[ ] Yes I love Max Mosley.

Q2) Do you think Max Mosley is attractive?
[ ] I'd do him.
[ ] He's a grey fox.
[ ] It's criminal that he's never been asked to play James Bond.

Q3) Do you think the team bosses are all poop-heads?
[ ] Yes Ron Dennis is especially a poop-head.
[ ] No, but Pierre Dupasquier was a poop-head.
[ ] No; most of them are poop-heads, except Jean Todt, who is very manly.

etc.

ROFL!!!

Can you hear me laughing Kev? You should, because I'm laughing very loud
Hmmmmm....doesn't want to work for me

I got to "Q1 Where do you live?" selected UK then it died
Nobody wants the UK's opinion.

-
Says the man who comes from question-land. :rolleyes:
-
Ever tried to PM Victor?

And we already managed to go completely O/T within half a page
-
Quote from thisnameistaken :Shush. Your country wants to be Australia but couldn't afford enough letters.

ROFL
Quote from thisnameistaken :Shush. Your country wants to be Australia but couldn't afford enough letters.

Best.Laugh.Of.The.Day
Actually, I have no idea how the name Austria came together. Probably because you English men don't know what to do with a Ö.

Waste of time anyway I signed off telling them it was a load of bollocks sponsored by AMD/Ferrari, good bit of satisfaction doing that even if no one will read it and would totally take the piss if they give me a laptop

As for F1 - I think:

a) Pit stops should go, they have no place in any single seater as far as I'm concerned. When Brabham came up with them they were a good idea as was the fan car but as I said on point C they should go now.

b) Mechanical vs. Aero grip is not an issue as far as I'm concerned, F1 is the pinacle of the sport, half of that is the cars and they should not be restricted in the same way as other formulae as cost shouldn't be an issue in F1, look at the budgets now and true constant innovation and radical development should cost no more than the current system where they're spending millions to get the last tenth of a second out of (virtually) identical cars.

F1 is not a single make championship, there are plenty of level playing field breeding grounds such as GP2/Renault 3.5 where up coming drivers can prove themselves. I have no real problem with driver aids a stupid amounts of aero an F1 car's job is to lap round a racing track for 90 minutes at a stupidly fast rate. It should be totally shagged after this time. Single seaters should not do endurance racing and so IMO should not have pit stops, maybe if a minimum stop time was set (ie. if you make a stop it has to be at least 2 mins) would discourage them but I don't like the concept of not being allowed to change tires if a driver isn't happy with them.

c) Finally the regs in F1 should be open for pretty much anything until it's done cleans up a few times and either the rest of the grid catches up or it's banned. Things should be banned IMO but not a blanket ban on any innovation.
-
#16 - wE1l
It gave me total satisfaction to tick the "strongly disagree" boxes, on options like "is F1 well managed" or "do you want to see this and that on your mobile".
same here, we need less bullsh1t and more racing!

I didn't forget to mention LFS when they asked me why they should give me the laptop. (i'm gonna win it BTW)
#18 - Gunn
F1 is well-managed. It isn't managed by the FIA though.
#19 - wE1l
Quote from Gunn :F1 is well-managed. It isn't managed by the FIA though.

By FOM who recently have a plan to do something about sites like youtube where fans share F1 vids.
Well finally got the survey to work Left them with this message in the win a laptop bit...

Quote :I want to sit in an airport and have Schumi tell me how to find a parking spot in Monte-Carlo =)

I just put "Because I do." when it asked me why I deserved the laptop. By the looks of the questions we might get interactive F1 feeds in a couple of years
Damn, too many questions. I just wanted one big one that said "DO YOU WANT US TO SORT IT THE FOOK OUT (Y/N)?". And I would have been happy.
I did it but Max Mosley will wipe his ass with this survey.
Quote from deggis :I did it but Max Mosley will wipe his ass with this survey.

I believe Max has someone to do that for him.
my favorite question that was asked three times was "something to promote more passing" (or something to that effect)

couldn't they ask that once and still get the same information?illepall

speedfreak227

FIA's annual F1 survey
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG