2.4 GHz processor or equivalent
384 MB of RAM
64 MB video card
DVD drive
1024 x 768 screen resolution
16-bit sound card
Speakers

Optimum Configuration
(to play 1080p video with 5.1 surround sound)

Windows XP
Windows Media Player 9 Series
DirectX 9.0
3.0 GHz processor or equivalent
512 MB of RAM
128 MB video card
DVD drive
1920 x 1440 screen resolution
24-bit 96 kHz multichannel sound card
5.1 surround sound speaker system

As you can see i have the recomended system still, when i play the video in 1080p de video just freeze and the music keep playing ( In the test video )
720p runs perfect...

I'm using VLC ( Last version ), there is some video player i need to use or some config or some codec?
Your HD 2600 should provide hardware accelerated decoding of MPEG-2, VC-1 and H264 streams, so as long as the video is encoded with one of these codecs, it should play OK.
Are you sure you have hardware acceleration enabled in VLC? What codec was used to encode videos you're having problems with? What is the CPU usage like when you play a 720 video in VLC? Are these 720 videos encoded with a different codec than those 1080 ones?
#3 - Agniz
never heard that ovens are so multifunctional nowadays

couldn't resist
Quote from Agniz :never heard that ovens are so multifunctional nowadays

couldn't resist

We've got a pc in the kitchen here
Quote from MadCatX :Your HD 2600 should provide hardware accelerated decoding of MPEG-2, VC-1 and H264 streams, so as long as the video is encoded with one of these codecs, it should play OK.
Are you sure you have hardware acceleration enabled in VLC? What codec was used to encode videos you're having problems with? What is the CPU usage like when you play a 720 video in VLC? Are these 720 videos encoded with a different codec than those 1080 ones?

I have no idea, i gona check the vlc options again, but didn't see anything that say hardware acceleration enable.

CPU usage while 720p is 29%

I'be donwloaded the Media Player Classic Home Cinema, and 1080p runs perfect, gona check the vlc now

Media Player Classic Home Cinema while 1080p cpu usage is 2 or 3 %...

This is the video i'm testing
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FIAGH1UV
In VLC go to Tools->Preferences->Video and make sure you have "Direct3D" selected as Output and that "Accelerated video output (overlay)" is ticked.

If that doesn't help, I guess you'll be better off using MPC-HC which supports DXVA a bit better than VLC.
Quote from MadCatX :In VLC go to Tools->Preferences->Video and make sure you have "Direct3D" selected as Output and that "Accelerated video output (overlay)" is ticked.

If that doesn't help, I guess you'll be better off using MPC-HC which supports DXVA a bit better than VLC.

For some reason in VLC the video play 1 seccond then freeze the video, still the slide-bar is running as the video

I'be checked the GPU usage with everest while using VLC and is barely 1 or 2 %
With MPC-HC the GPU usage is 16-20%

Must be something wrong with the vlc, already checked the Accelerated video output ( Overlay ) and set as output the direct3d video output

well, gona use mpch for 1080p and VLC for 720p
Thank you MadCatX for the help and the ideas
I just found out that "Enable GPU acceleration (experimental)" is switched off by default in VLC, it can be enabled in Tools->Preferences->Input & Codecs.

Seems like enabling HW accel in VLC takes more steps than launching a Space Shuttle, how come this thing is one of the world's most used video players?
#9 - majod
Quote from Inouva :Media Player Classic Home Cinema while 1080p cpu usage is 2 or 3 %...

while playing video with x264 (or any other mpeg4 video) codec, you might notice in MPC-HC a note at the bottom saying "Playing DXVA" - that means video currently playing is hw accelerated. i'm using only this player for all video and it works great

edit: i've just checked it in VLC (which I have for IPTV), i have also hw acceleration enabled and set the out to direct3D, but hw acceleration also doesn't work for me on VLC
Quote from majod :
edit: i've just checked it in VLC (which I have for IPTV), i have also hw acceleration enabled and set the out to direct3D, but hw acceleration also doesn't work for me on VLC

Did you check both the Video and Input & Codecs settings in Preferences? It's definitely working on Linux with VAAPI and VDPAU, so I don't see why it wouldn't on Windows and DXVA.
Some of the older cards won't accelerate all video formats. In fact some cards today still will not accelerate all video formats. Just make sure that your video card can accelerate the video format your trying to play.
She has a HD 2600 which can do UVD, so H264, MPEG-2 and VC-1 encoded videos should be accelerated.
Are u using Xp?
Quote from MadCatX :Did you check both the Video and Input & Codecs settings in Preferences?

that did the trick
Check your video drivers, with no mention of a card I'm assuming your running intel onboard. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
1:- Check the video memory your using in bios, put it up if your running 4 or 8 mgb.
2:- Update your graphics drivers
3:- Get a CHEAP video card, that helps a lot.
4:- get a good video card, that helps a LOT !.
5:- Get a new PC !!!!!!!!
One question, if the problem was solved for majod and me , why ppl still post here?

Can a mod please close this thread?

1080p System requirement's?
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG