The online racing simulator
Youtube problems?
(45 posts, started )
maybe your ISP shape traffic from youtube. It would be not a suprise. Some ISP shape traffic from certain pages...
What you mean by that, shape?
I know that if there are packet loss on the line, due to crappy ISP, it would causes nightmare on streaming, but I kind of ruled that out since it's onle Youtube and no other streaming sites
Quote from The Very End :What you mean by that, shape?
I know that if there are packet loss on the line, due to crappy ISP, it would causes nightmare on streaming, but I kind of ruled that out since it's onle Youtube and no other streaming sites

traffic-shaping, aka QoS. there was an article out the other day about British ISP's doing some dirty underground deals to block out certain steaming sites in favour of others... i think one of them was the BBC iplayer in favour of youtube.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/feature ... -of-the-net-as-we-know-it

whether or not they do that in norway, i don't know. but that's some seriously evil stuff there.
What the ****?
That's sad.. I have to do some research with other people that have the same ISP as me, there might be something there tho I highly doubt it.
bumpity bump bump, anyone having a black and white issue with YT today? It's happening on random videos atm.
I dont have any. What you mean exactly by black and white?
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :I mean the thumbnail is in color, but the video is in black and white.

Apparently, others are having this problem too.

Why are women allowed to answer in the computer category? Both of them give terrible answers.[/chauvinist mode]

And as for me, I'm using Chrome and have no problems. I've only had one long video that froze at two points along the way one time and occasionally Youtube is a bit slow, but I don't remember a time when it actually was fast.
besides this black and white issue.. has anybody else found extremely long loading times when watching videos in 720p? It takes so ****ing long I could have downloaded a full length movie in the time it takes to finish loading one 3min video..
360p/480p or whateva it take about 5/10 seconds to load the whole clip, then switching to 720p seems to take about 10mins
Quote from Seb66 :besides this black and white issue.. has anybody else found extremely long loading times when watching videos in 720p? It takes so ****ing long I could have downloaded a full length movie in the time it takes to finish loading one 3min video..
360p/480p or whateva it take about 5/10 seconds to load the whole clip, then switching to 720p seems to take about 10mins

could be server load, It takes about a second to load 4 minute video on 240p
Its all messed up. Sometimes i get 1080p faster than 720, 480, 460 and 240 combine. But mostly 360p is the fastest for me. Others just dont load or meh ... dunno.
I have no idea if this could fix your problems, but since Flash uses the GPU I have noticed many bugs, so it is wise to make sure you have the latest Graphic driver and Flash version...it has fixes 90% of the problems I've seen...

Good luck!
Quote from hazaky :Its all messed up. Sometimes i get 1080p faster than 720, 480, 460 and 240 combine. But mostly 360p is the fastest for me. Others just dont load or meh ... dunno.

That's one of the main issuses I have with it too.
Tried the newest flash version, but didn't change
Quote from The Very End :That's one of the main issuses I have with it too.
Tried the newest flash version, but didn't change

Im pretty sure thats due to the overload.

But im not sure if all resolution videos are stored at different servers - that would explain the slowdown on certain resolutions.
Bah
The worst thing is trying to jump back/forth in videos by clicking on the timeline. Most of the time I do this it makes the video stop loading. What a piece of shit tbh
When i try to jump on the timeline, often my video just stops or else it will just not load.

By stopping i mean, it just gets stuck or some.
Quote from hazaky :When i try to jump on the timeline, often my video just stops or else it will just not load.

Exactly what I experiences. Sucks when watching longer videos.
Quote from hazaky :When i try to jump on the timeline, often my video just stops or else it will just not load.

Just move the red dot a bit forward and it will work again. Known issue and happena lot of times.

Beside that its that Youtube servers are overloaded sometimes and there are other factor at your ISP. ISP makes traffic shaping (I work at big international telecomunication companies and we do traffic shaping as well but it depend how smart you make it), other think might be that certain times your ISP network at some points might be overloaded.

Also DSL lines are known for big share ratio (usually like 1:20-1:50) so it might happen that when all people from same area using DSL at full speed it might go down up to that 1:50 of your full speed. Same for cable connection but they usually have much lower share ration. A lot of factor guys. Always fun with telecomunication and networking.

Good lines for companies still cost still like even 1000Euro for E1 (2048kbit). The quality of service and SLA is completly different
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Just move the red dot a bit forward and it will work again. Known issue and happena lot of times.

Well, if it gets stuck on my PC - i cant even drop the slider back on the timeline. Its just stuck on the cursor. Might be a bug of flash player, but meh ...

Youtube problems?
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG