The online racing simulator
What Card to get?
(56 posts, started )
Quote from hazaky :Same stuff goes with nvidia cards.

As far as HD6850 and HD6870 go. U can flash either one of them to be one or other. The basic arcitecture is the same - so theoretically they're the same cards with slightly different clocks and cooling solution.

They're based on the same architecture yes, that's not really surprising for a card in the same series, is it?
Seriously hazaky, go and do some (a lot of) reading up on video cards. Come back when you actually know what you're talking about. Your posts are just not making any sense anymore.

The 6850 and 6870 are in the same generation, so I don't know what you're on about. We're talking about rebranding between different generations of cards. Perhaps I should define rebranding so you know what I mean: it's using the same GPU chip/architecture year after year and simply adding more RAM to it and overclocking it a little, and calling it a whole new card.
all i read was troll Vs anti troll. when that happens, facts get distorted to fit the bait. i had actually written out a nice post explaining the differences but ended up not posting it and settled for a great big "meh".

did you know an Opel corsa is just a rebranded Nova? joke
-
(dadge) DELETED by dadge
Quote from Bose321 :Oh you're right, all cards from nv are just re-branded.

: D

Sry forgot the thread xD

Well, no not all tbh. NV doesnt rebrand all that much, i cant honestly think of any other card than gts250 =9800gtx+ that is rebranded :S might be wrong tho..
8800GS = 9600GSO was another example however they chnaged the chip later which was even more confusing.

G92 8800GT 512mb = 9800GT 512mb
8800GTS 512 = 9800GTX = 9800GTX+ = GTS250

They doing same in notebook segment:
GTS 360M is simply 260M
Quote from DEVIL 007 :
8800GTS 512 = 9800GTX = 9800GTX+ = GTS250

Well the GTX+ is a 55nm while the GTX is just a 65nm..
Anyhow they can be SLI'ed so cant be all that much that differs

What Card to get?
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG