The online racing simulator
The battle with r-factor 2
(16 posts, started )
Hi there!

R-factor is annother online racing sim that has a community waiting for a sequel:

r-factor 2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFactor_2

Does the coming release have an effect on the stragtegy

of the LFS-developers?

Courious of Your opinion, Dandy
Should be in the off-topic section.

Also, to answer the question: No.
I'm sure rFactor 2 will be better than the original rFactor. This isn't hard. Monkeys could manage it.

Should LFS be worried? No, I don't think so. Certainly not about it as a complete sim, although aspects of it might be better in isolation.
#5 - J@tko
I'll probably be buying it. Hopefully they'll fix the nasty snap spin issue.

Will it beat LFS's pick-up-and-play/community? Of course not.
#6 - 5haz
Didn't know there was a war on.

Do hope IsI have put as much effort into improving physics as they have eye candy, they'd be stupid to ignore what was probrably the main complaint about the original rFactor.
Personally i can't wait till it get's out, imagine all the extra cars and real track that you can practice on before racing there in real life.

Yup, i can't wait for rFactor, threat to LFS? Yep.

Quote from Dennis93 : threat to LFS?

Honestly who the **** cares anymore, one is a dead sim and another is brand new product yet to be launced.
#9 - DeKo
I still can't see rFactor being very good online outside of league racing, LFS and iRacing both have the advantage of being able to jump online and not worry about having to get the right version of mods, that kind of thing. Even NKP suffers with this for tracks.

I also can't see the physics/tyres being better than LFS or iRacing, especially when the new tyre models come out for both.

rFactors mods, although they are a downside for online gaming, are great for single player. If what they're saying is right and the AI is going to be better it will be a good game for just running laps offline against the AI, especially with the 60's era F1 car and classic Spa, I would buy it for that alone.
Quote from J@tko :Hopefully they'll fix the nasty snap spin issue.

TBH there is no such problem in rF. It was a popular complaint about rF when it was new and people maybe weren't yet able to produce good physics and there were no good FFB available.

Nowadays if you configure rF properly and get a really good mod it is as good to drive as LFS is.

I myself am waiting for rF2 and hoping it will get some real good mods some day too. But I'm not really that hyped because currently HGTTC V2 and Targa Florio are coming in to rF1.
Quote :rFactor 2 is the first sequel of the rFactor series. Its development was announced in March 2009, and the game will include weather effects, reflections, and accurate shadows on a variety of textures.

I like how the listed improvments are almost entirely related to graphics and nothing is said about the physics. Probably because they'll be pants.
it will be "realistic" in simulating a lot of aspects. The physics model is hower another part but still...racing/driving simulation should take together all parts. LFS is very,very good in physic aspec while it loose in others a lot...
Quote :especially with the 60's era F1 car and classic Spa

Are these hoped to be better than GPL?

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG