The online racing simulator
Gauge from car in LFS?
(10 posts, started )
Gauge from car in LFS?
Hello is there anyone who knows where to buy a controller for connecting a gauge of a car for LFS? or is there a guide to self build a controller? to sew I've looked around on the net without success. but have seen a lot of movies on youtube with people who have it connected to their computer.
Hope there is anyone out inside with some info.
You can use an Arduino microcontroller. I use one for my gauge, it's pretty easy to program it. I bought mine from robotshop.ca, but you might be better off buying one from europe to save on shipping.
Okay thanks for the help will try to look at it,
shiny_red_cobra : can you tell me what I need more I have ordered microcontroller? and I have a gauge from a VW Golf 3 is electronically controlled.
Sure. First you need to have some programming knowledge, you need to write some sort of program to capture Outgauge packets from LFS (I used C# for that), extract the speed, revs, fuel, etc. from the packets, change each of those values into PWM values (0-255), then send those new values over the USB port to the microcontroller, write a program for the microcontroller to read data from the USB port and set the PWM values accordingly, and connect your gauges to the PWM ports on the microcontroller.

If you don't understand any of this then you should not be attempting to do this.
I think that X-Sim is not a good solution. I do not understand why people use it for their Dashboard-Projects. Because LFS comes with OutGauge functionality stuff. However... ^^the Speed should be more then one Byte if you want to display more then 255 km/h ;-)
idea 1 : i bet if someone enjoys doing this then it could be a nice money maker to just make kits and sell them on so everything is all in a box and all you do is plug it in the computer and then just install what ever needs to be installed (if anything) and then play away. i am not saying i wish to do this but i bet i could help some one set up a web-site with a online store if someone wants to sell these kits.

idea 2 : i know this would be fun to transport but what about a whole simulator like that includes a computer , a dashbord , a screen (or 3) , and even a wheel. this would be cool to make

sorry guys i just come up with some ideas all the time and never have time to do it(you should see my room with all the gadgets i have made to make lfs a better game to play)
Tbofram, I like your idea. I would like a real working dash but lack the knowledge to do it myself. If someone produced a plug and play dash at a reasonable price, I would buy it. I already have good wheel but have also thought about one of the many racing seat assemblies. Only problem is where to put it.
If you're looking for a plug and play controller I'd recommend SymProjects.

I own two of their RevBurners and a GI Max myself, and I can honestly say both the hardware and included software are excellent.

Connecting the RevBurner to a gauge is as easy as connecting 3 wires, and finetuning the settings a little if required.

I use them with a Honda CRX Del Sol instrument cluster(because both tach and speedo are electronic, plus the tach goes up to 9K RPM), though a standalone tach works just as well.

The software works with LFS, rFactor, iRacing and quite a few others, so the hardware will still work if you decide to switch to another sim. Whereas with a home built solution you'd have to rewrite the interface.
-
Scanner installation fails in Windows XP...stupid Found New hardware Wizard!!! (Senninha25) DELETED by Senninha25

Gauge from car in LFS?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG