The online racing simulator
BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
BattleField 3
Hell to the yes!

64 online? Sounds fecking awesome!
Yeah I saw it yesterday. After the news that DICE has cancelled Battlefield 1943 and the Onslaught-dlc, I really needed this. I just hope it will be something like Battlefield 2, in a modern way. A REAL Battlefield, not some console game.
May contain content inapproriate for COD players

Such as:

Teamwork

Aiming

Tactics

Lol made me giggle

About time they brought back 64 player maps, that's the one thing I've missed since played BF2 and BF:1942.... Roll on league matches
Quote from Xaid0n :May contain content inapproriate for COD players

Such as:

Teamwork

Aiming

Tactics

Lol made me giggle

About time they brought back 64 player maps, that's the one thing I've missed since played BF2 and BF:1942.... Roll on league matches

just get ready for lag unless they optimize frostbite on pc.
Or unless they have set servers in different continents?
I think he ment FPS lag.
I'm hyped as fu*k. BC2 was my first Battlefield experience and it turned out it was the best multiplayer experience i had/have after Counter Strike. I will buy it on console this time too, i'm too used to the gamepad now.
Oh okay, my bad
English maybe?
Maybe Inouva, but in recent games (MW2/Black Ops/BC2) the amount of players has been lacking to say the least, 16 v 16 on a large map is somewhat.... boring?
Quote from Xaid0n :Maybe Inouva, but in recent games (MW2/Black Ops/BC2) the amount of players has been lacking to say the least, 16 v 16 on a large map is somewhat.... boring?

Since when does CoD have large maps?
Well largeish, there are some fairly big maps on cod for the team sizes imo.
I don't believe the CoD maps are large at all, at least not large enough to hold anymore people.

I like the change of pace in BF, and also I love teamplay, so I'll be watching this with a close eye.
Quote from Xaid0n :Maybe Inouva, but in recent games (MW2/Black Ops/BC2) the amount of players has been lacking to say the least, 16 v 16 on a large map is somewhat.... boring?

The only game i own on steam is Battlefield 2 + SF + AF, they are plenty of server with ppl, most common maps are 32x32, there are few servers running the 64x64
Afaik, there was only ever 32 x 32, 64 players per server, never saw any servers being more than that.
Quote from Xaid0n :Afaik, there was only ever 32 x 32, 64 players per server, never saw any servers being more than that.

There were/are mods/hacks for 64x64. I did that once. Best time of my life.
Forgotten Hope 2 keeps me playing Bf. Still a great game though
I really can't believe they can cite 64 player multiplayer as a great feature, they've had that for 10 bloody years! It's sad that the best Battlefield multiplayer experience is still the original Forgotten Hope (sorry but the engine lets FH2 down massively)...
Quote :They are mod's for BF2 + exp for 64 players, In BF2 they are jets

You getting confused M8,

After battlefield 2 , it then went onto Battlefield Bad Company, which doesnt have Jets,
BF1942 had 64 players, and that was a decade ago (reading from my Road to Rome disc...), still one of the best online shooters for me (BF2 was too laggy on my old comp)

From the netcode side it should be easy.
Quote from Mikjen :You getting confused M8,

After battlefield 2 , it then went onto Battlefield Bad Company, which doesnt have Jets,

You getting confused M8

After battlefield 2 come's battlefield 3, Battlefield bad company 2 is other "Type" of game from battlefield franchise

So, Jet's still there, Prone still there maps for 64 players still there, they only updated the game engine and new maps and new models and etc etc etc, the game core still the same
Have to agree with you there m8,

BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG