The online racing simulator
iPod Touch Help
(48 posts, started )
#1 - Zay
iPod Touch Help
Hey guys, 2 nights ago I got my first iPod touch, an 8 gig 4G.
Everything is going good, and I have about $20 of iTunes credit. I'm posting this because I was wondering if you guys could help me with some apps.
First of all, I like racing games, and shoot em up games mostly. I wouldnt really like to spend more than 2 dollars for an app, and I dont want to spend all of my credit right now. So could I please have some recomendations?
I have heard that real racing 2 is really good, and I love the GTI real racing. Im wondering how much memory it takes up, and if its worth the price.
Thanks for your help,
zay
There are plenty of channels on youtube that review and rate the apps. Did u try to google for "best apps/games"?
Angry Birds!
#5 - Zay
Ok thanks guys. I'm just wondering, how much memory does real racing 2 and modern combat 2 cost?
Thanks,
Zay
It tells you when you look at them in the app store
#7 - Zay
Ok, thanks, downloading real racing 2 as I'm typing this, cant wait!
i would honestly not get racing games on an ipod..they are never that good

i use it mainly for little fun addicting games
#9 - Zay
Quote from logitekg25 :i would honestly not get racing games on an ipod..they are never that good

i use it mainly for little fun addicting games

I know, but this time its different, real racing 2 is AWESOME! I love it!
fair enough

but games alot of people have include motox mayhem (something like that), which is a very fun game, that is very addicting

one i downloaded recently, is stunt biker, it is similar, but more addicting i must say

great apps for the prices
#11 - Zay
Quote from logitekg25 :fair enough

but games alot of people have include motox mayhem (something like that), which is a very fun game, that is very addicting

one i downloaded recently, is stunt biker, it is similar, but more addicting i must say

great apps for the prices

Oh ya, for sure, just downloaded the free version, probably gonna upgrade.
Anyway, I am thinking about jailbreaking. Could you guys please tell me if this is a good idea? why/why not?
Quote from Zay :Oh ya, for sure, just downloaded the free version, probably gonna upgrade.
Anyway, I am thinking about jailbreaking. Could you guys please tell me if this is a good idea? why/why not?

I have an iPhone 3gs, not an iPod Touch and I jailbroke it up till ios4 came out. Honestly, there is no reason anymore to jailbreak with the multi-tasking now on ios4. That's the main reason I jailbroke when it was ios3. Of course, if you want better advice, what are the reasons you want to jailbreak for?

Also, if you are running ios 4.2.1 (probably since it's the latest version), the untethered jailbreak (untethered means that you can turn the device off without losing the jailbreak) isn't out yet. There is a jailbreak called greenpois0n that has recently released a video showing it's possible, but they have not released a video saying when they will make it public since they are fixing a few minor bugs.

Mostly, I could give you a better answer if you let me know why you want to jailbreak.
Quote from shashdev :Mostly, I could give you a better answer if you let me know why you want to jailbreak.

Because all the cool kids are doing it!?
#14 - Zay
Free apps/music, everybody has it, and people are trying to talk me into it.
Quote from Zay :Free apps/music, everybody has it, and people are trying to talk me into it.

..so because all the cool kids are doing it!
dont listen to these clowns

so if i remember you have the 8gb model. apple jews you outta everything good with the 8gb model. like with mine, it had less good hardware, and was not fast even without the jailbreak.

with the new ipod touch not sure. anyways..

i would do it, cause if you want you dont have to customize anything and it is there. but there are so many apps you can get when it is jailbroken.

so i got themes as the first thing i did. with winterboard, you can make a few themes work at once, so i made "killsignsuperblack" and "killsigncarbonblue" work at the same time, looked amazing.

i got a 5 icon dock which looks better. sb settings, which just makes everything better, instant brightness, wifi, bluetooth, and whatever else at the tip of your fingertips. (best app)
no docked icon labels, which makes the ipod assume you know what you put on the bottom, and not label them.
changed up my sliders (slide to unlock, slide to power off ect..) which was cool
black navigation bars. not sure what this did, but i did it (i have a txt doc. saying what i did incase i do it again)
nocyfresh which made cydia faster because it refreshes all the time, and it takes so long and is not needed.
i modded some files that made my old 8gb able to multitask (hardware sucked too much to do that stock), but yours can without doing this

you can look up more, but this is what worked for me. you can make it faster by changing some images that did nothing, so just search around for advice.
Quote from Zay :Free apps/music, everybody has it, and people are trying to talk me into it.

Eh, the free apps and music really aren't worth it man. Everytime a new os update comes out, you need to re-jailbreak, which means you lose all your free apps and music. And believe me, after having jailbreak for nearly a year, I just got sick of finding and downloading all the stuff over and over again.

Btw, you don't need jailbreak for free music....just saying.

On the other hand, logitek has a point. One thing I miss is the sbsettings. Very convenient to have your main settings at the touch of a button. However, the whole customization thing wasn't for me. It was fun to mess around with, but all the themes don't have icons for all the icons and it ends up looking bad with only some of the icons matching the theme.

The 5 icon dock would look worse in my opinion, too close together and doesn't match the rest of the interface. Only advantage is more docked stuff.

Also, with the 4th gen ipod touch, it doesn't matter what model you get, I'm pretty sure they are all identical except for the hard drive size. So don't worry about that.

Also, I don't know where you got the idea that everyone has jailbroken. I believe most people haven't because their scared about what will happen or just aren't informed enough to do it. Whatever the case may be, this really shouldn't be playing a part in your decision.

I would however, even if you plan to jailbreak, definitely wait till greenpois0n comes out so that you at least have a good untethered jailbreak.
dont update, with every update they make it harder to jailbreak cause they dont like it.

and 5 icon dock looks more natural imo, and i was going to say something else but i forget
I just stay on the jailbreak that is untethered. I'm still on 4.1 for that reason. Nothing is pushing me to upgrade at all thusfar. I don't even pirate apps, I just prefer some touches like 5 icon dock (however that can be done non-JB I've read).
#20 - Zay
Alright, thanks guys, bought that dirt bike game that Logitek said is good, im addicted
when you beat it try the stunt biker game...even more addicting.
#22 - Zay
Quote from logitekg25 :when you beat it try the stunt biker game...even more addicting.

Actually no sorry lol, I have the stunt biker game, not the dirt bike one lol, my favourite track is glass factory
oh then try the dirtbike one too

and i am so tempted to buy some of the new levels
#24 - Zay
Quote from logitekg25 :oh then try the dirtbike one too

and i am so tempted to buy some of the new levels

Yea same here lol, whats ur favourite track?
E: Sorry, mind telling me the exact name of the dirt bike game, theresso many when you just search "dirt bike" in the app store
its something like motox mayhem, and try to change the spaces around to find it...there is a free version to try it out.

EDIT: and as a challenge when i beat those games, i always just try to wheelie past all the levels, with mx mayhem its easy, for stunt biker, not so much :scared:

iPod Touch Help
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG