The online racing simulator
Skins us
(26 posts, started )
Skins us
Why do you americans take great things and ruin them =(
Why make a post and ruin it? "Go home Roger!"
Don't worry, everyone over here agrees it is awful and I don't expect it to last more than a season.
I don't quite follow...?
#5 - Bean0
Quote from The Very End :I don't quite follow...?

Yet another UK TV series has been remade as a US version, and ruined apparently.
The original was crap, so I can't really see how they could make it worse.
Oh no.. Why they even do that? I understand people have different humor, but does anyone actually enjoy American humor? Even seen Americans protesting against it
#7 - sjava
Quote from The Very End :Oh no.. Why they even do that? I understand people have different humor, but does anyone actually enjoy American humor? Even seen Americans protesting against it

Well,depends. There are some that r nice to watch but some ar just screwed up
Skins was freaking awesome, I'm not even gonna bother with the US version. I'll wait for the next UK season, like Top Gear (New season in 3 days!!!)
The first season was awesome. Say what you want, but as a young teen I really enjoyed it as it explored areas that I was just experiencing myself in high school.

(Friendship. Real friends in particular)

US just killed it. Yet again.

I loved how instead of saying prick, they used "bonehead".

Americans and their, "oh no! Swearing on TV!".
Quote from Klutch :Skins

Ugh, TV by and for people who would happily cut off and eat their own penis if it made them just 0.001% cooler than other people they know.
I don't see how that's related to Skins.. Quite a decent show
They made The Office better! BOOM!
Quote from Crashgate3 :Ugh, TV by and for people who would happily cut off and eat their own penis if it made them just 0.001% cooler than other people they know.

I don't watch TV
Quote from Klutch :I don't watch TV

+1, but you must watch it because you actually know what "Skins" is, while I do not.

And going by some of the responses here, I'm glad I don't.
Quote from PMD9409 :+1, but you must watch it because you actually know what "Skins" is

ever hear of the word "internet" or "friends"?

or something like VHS / DVD / BR
Yeah, i watched the first season through a friend.

Barely ever watch TV these days.
Quote from John5200 :ever hear of the word "internet" or "friends"?

or something like VHS / DVD / BR

Obviously yes, but what's your point? Everyone should know what this show is? I sure hope not.
Quote from PMD9409 :Obviously yes, but what's your point? Everyone should know what this show is? I sure hope not.

No. His point is Klutch could have known what "Skins" is without watching TV.
Thats pretty much what I was getting at.
just watched the first two episodes, i thought it was really good. I can't compare it to the UK version because i have never seen it andddd no one else in the US has either so it might as well be a whole new show (to us) and therefore incomparable. I don't know if i'd like the UK version, simply because I can't understand what they're saying on law and order: UK so i don't imagine teenage cockney is any more decipherable.
Quote from flymike91 :just watched the first two episodes, i thought it was really good. I can't compare it to the UK version because i have never seen it andddd no one else in the US has either so it might as well be a whole new show (to us) and therefore incomparable. I don't know if i'd like the UK version, simply because I can't understand what they're saying on law and order: UK so i don't imagine teenage cockney is any more decipherable.

You should download the first two seasons, they are really good. After that it went downhill, and the lastest one is awful.
Quote from flymike91 :just watched the first two episodes, i thought it was really good. I can't compare it to the UK version because i have never seen it andddd no one else in the US has either so it might as well be a whole new show (to us) and therefore incomparable. I don't know if i'd like the UK version, simply because I can't understand what they're saying on law and order: UK so i don't imagine teenage cockney is any more decipherable.

UK Skins was on BBC America. It didn't last long, just a few episodes, so I'm surprised they bothered with this.
someone told me that the british version has nudity so maybe I'd like it after all lol. I don't think MTV is willing to go that far. Its f'd that they have "teen mom" which glorifies having children while underage and unmarried, but when a show depicts underage kids smoking weed and having sex there are massive complaints from ethics groups.

Skins us
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG