The online racing simulator
Indy Car 250
(42 posts, started )
Indy Car 250
The Realistic NASCAR Event has come to pass, and it wasn't a grand success, but I think that something a little simpiler is in order hencefourth.

Realistic NASCAR Server
Friday, January 28th 2011
Car: F08
Qualifying (25 min.) begins at 20:30 and Race begins at 21:00 after a 5 min. break. (ALL TIMES GMT)
Race will be 130 laps (or 250 miles, and should last about 1 hour 20 min.)
All entrys must have over 1,000 oval laps or over 5,000 laps total.
Those with any WR on lfsworld will also be accepted as long as they point out which one they have.

Race will start with a pace lap. Bump drafting will not be permitted, despite Realistic NASCAR Server rules, since this event is in open wheel cars. Mid-race join will be prohibited. All else basicaly is the same as it is listed here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=72774

Post below stating your interest, and I will attempt to add this to the event data base if more than a dozen people show interest. (anything less than 10 racers I don't feel should be put on the data-base)

Password will be sent out to all participants 24 hours prior to the event.

Sould be a quick, fun event, without those people who always seem to mar the running of most events like this.
could you please state what car we will be using?
I suggest FBM, FOX or FO8

I have 5312 laps on the oval

I also have a feeling bump drafting should not be allowed in the corners, cause if your nose is in the back of another cars wing it will get the car in front loose and cause both cars to spin out.
Quote from mutt107 :could you please state what car we will be using?
I suggest FBM, FOX or FO8

I have 5312 laps on the oval

I also have a feeling bump drafting should not be allowed in the corners, cause if your nose is in the back of another cars wing it will get the car in front loose and cause both cars to spin out.

lol Thanks, I changed the event's name from "F08 250" to "Indy Car 250" and when I changed the title like that it made the car being used less obvious
i would like to attend this :O
I'm in.
#6 - sjava
If there will be yellow flags,im in
i think its nice how your letting people in that have over 2500 oval laps so we don't have what we had last time.
Im in

But bumpdrafting? Are you mad? Hopefully those Drunk bastards wont ruin it this time.

Not to mention 2500 oval laps is a bit extreme
Quote from zippytheone :Im in

But bumpdrafting? Are you mad? Hopefully those Drunk bastards wont ruin it this time.

Not to mention 2500 oval laps is a bit extreme

not as extreme as 5000, which we would need for the bf1 :P
Ah,I have only ~1800 laps at oval,so I'm out like a noob... No hard feelings,can't make the race that day anyway...
Im sure he will reduce the requirements. Most established leagues dont have that many laps/miles for requirements.

And meh, itd be better to do it on miles as I couldve just gone round SO2 10,000 times and thats like just under a mile long.

Ahh well
I don't even have that many oval laps.. and I'm the almighty Kyoto 500 champion.
ill be there.
scratch that only like 1500 on oval and i cba to do 10,000 total meh.
Quote from Seb66 :I don't even have that many oval laps.. and I'm the almighty Kyoto 500 champion.

Quote :or over 10,000 laps total.

i think ill attend, i need to prac for k500
All entrys must have over 2,500 oval laps *OR* over 10,000 laps total.
NEW REQUIRMENTS: 1,000 Oval laps or 5,000 total laps. If neither are met you also now may be allowed in if you have a WR (please point out which one you have).

I have about 3,500 oval laps and about 11,000 laps total on lfsworld and I still concider myself to be a newer player

I didn't think that many laps was hard to acheive, but I guess that it is. I was trying to keep those who have low experiance out of it, but I guess I'm also baring people of average experiance as well with that.

BMXtwins, you're allowed in now, nikopdr you're allowed in either way , Seb66, you were allowed to join on the old requirements lol
Quote from Seb66 :I don't even have that many oval laps.. and I'm the almighty Kyoto 500 champion.

Teh king o' teh ovals has arrived.

All boned now ;o
id like to race. But i think the lap requirement is to much. should just be skill based. (that rules out my brother ) does this mean 1000 in FO8? because I have enough if it is all cars. Total oval laps in ky1 course (not ky1r) is 1479 laps. 660 or so which were done for the KY250 LOL
#21-7Karat Matt-USA
Quote from Cornys :NEW REQUIRMENTS: 1,000 Oval laps or 5,000 total laps. If neither are met you also now may be allowed in if you have a WR (please point out which one you have).

I have about 3,500 oval laps and about 11,000 laps total on lfsworld and I still concider myself to be a newer player

I didn't think that many laps was hard to acheive, but I guess that it is. I was trying to keep those who have low experiance out of it, but I guess I'm also baring people of average experiance as well with that.

I've learned, in doing NDR's Kyoto 250 (XRT) and Kyoto 500 (FO8) that just laps is not a measure of skill. For the 500, it's a three-part set. These are just once per year events, but they are:
  • 300 laps on KY1 / FO8 - shows that you have a general idea of what ovalling requires
  • Hotlap within 103% of the KY1 / FO8 WR - Shows that you can drive at a reasonable speed, and can follow instructions (ie uploading the hotlap :P)
  • Attendance at two official practice races - we no longer just give the credit for attending - we give it if we feel that the driver has shown ability to race cleanly. We use the practice races to see how drivers handle the rules we have, as well as dealing with other cars - aka racecraft. We also don't care if people get to their 300 laps minimum during the practices - if their racecraft and pace is solid, they could have 301 laps going into qualifying weekend and be clean, and then earn the slot in.
I know who to watch for after 3 years of those races, feel free to PM me if you want to know some tips etc
okay ill be in with #25 now then
1 Quick change: Bump Drafting will NOT be permitted. Realistic Racing, and Bump Drafting Open wheel cars don't mix

(Main reason I was going to allow it is that I didn't think I could enforce the rule if I made it, but now that I have 2 or 3 people helping me out I know that I won't have an issue with that.)
i'm in... and if possible i'd like to run car #55 (if that matters in any way xD)
lol, nope, no real rules on driver names or numbers for this event. You're permitted to run Michael Waltrip's old number all day long
#24 - Ori
Signing up: (IHR) Ori

Not sure if I can make it. Car number 88, if taken then 0 or 8.
Just as a reminder: Yellow Flags will be thrown only if a car is disabled on the track. You are asked not to spectate unless your flying unrealisticaly into the air, stuck upside down, or otherwise unable to move.

Those who spectate will not be permitted to return to the race. For full yellow flag procedure see the link in the first post.

Indy Car 250
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG