The online racing simulator
Doing my first server
(19 posts, started )
Doing my first server
So since my friend couldn't connect to server I made in-game, I decided to try making dedicated server. It's my first attempt to do server like this so ofcourse I'm doing something wrong. Here's edited setup.cfg, which probably has some errors:

// Example host configuration file
// How to use: LFS /cfg=setup.cfg
// Lines starting with // are ignored

// host name
/host=Suomi Driftinki

// optional: password
//pass=password

// optional: admin password
//admin=password

// optional: InSim port
//insim=29999

// optional: local specified ip address
//ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

// a high number below 65536
/port=63392

// demo/s1/s2
/mode=s2

// no/yes/hidden
/usemaster=yes

// BL1/BL1R/BL2, SO1/SO1R/SO2, etc
/track=AU2

// weather
/weather=1

// cars allowed - see README.txt
/cars=XRG

// max guests that can join host
/maxguests=4

// slots reserved for admins (0 to 8)
/adminslots=0

// max cars in a race
/carsmax=5

// max cars (real+ai) on host pc
/carshost=1

// max cars (real+ai) per guest pc
/carsguest=1

// smoothness (3-6) number of car updates per second
/pps=4

// qualifying minutes, 0 for no qualifying
/qual=0

// number of laps, 0 for practice
/laps=5

// if laps not specified: hours
//hours=24

// 0=no/1=low/2=high
/wind=0

// nogfx/invisible
/dedicated=nogfx

// no/yes: can guests vote to kick or ban
/vote=yes

// no/yes: can guests select track
/select=no

// no/kick/ban/spec: wrong way drivers
/autokick=no

// no restart within X seconds of race start
/rstmin=60

// no restart within X seconds of race finish
/rstend=30

// no/yes: allow join during race
/midrace=yes

// no/yes: pit stop required
/mustpit=no

// no/yes: allow car reset
/canreset=yes

// no/yes: force cockpit view
/fcv=no

// no/yes: allow wrong way driving
/cruise=yes

// fixed/finish/reverse/random: race start order
/start=finish

// optional: welcome message up to 200 chars
//welcome=welcome.txt

// optional: text file listing allowed tracks
//tracks=tracks.txt

// optional: message log file
//log=deb.log

// no/yes: network debug
/ndebug=no

// MPR autosave (0=off / 1=manual / 2=auto)
/autosave=0

// MPR folder
/mprdir=mpr

// LYT folder
/lytdir=AU2_Drift01

After running LFS.exe (Dedi host) I go back into game and try to search server and I can't find it. Searching by name doesn't work either, says: "ClientConnect: Connect failed". Some please bother to help me.
Quote from Latetzki :After running LFS.exe (Dedi host) I go back into game and try to search server and I can't find it. Searching by name doesn't work either, says: "ClientConnect: Connect failed". Some please bother to help me.

To join to your own server you must connect through this IP: 127.0.0.1
Quote from Whiskey :To join to your own server you must connect through this IP: 127.0.0.1

Hey! I got in! But how my friend can join then? Just send my IP to him?
Quote from Latetzki :Hey! I got in! But how my friend can join then? Just send my IP to him?

Well, he can connect by entering the name of your server in the "Join specific host" option.

Get him to type in
Quote :Suomi Driftinki

or simply, it should show up in the host list.
#6 - cyclo
u wanna make a good server?
maybe ask some friends if they can make that for you ?
i am to not good in that stuff
Quote from cyclo :u wanna make a good server?
maybe ask some friends if they can make that for you ?
i am to not good in that stuff

isnt that why is asked it here, im sure he is in the right location,

// on topic,

Like there is standing at the lfswiki, its maybe a good idea to change the admin password, to some thing else, because when a friend of yours connects with that password, he can help you out
Something is still wrong, he's getting timeout (connection took too long or something like that) error when he tries connect to the server.
That means your ports aren't open currectly. I usually do a DMZ when I'm running a host.
Quote from Bmxtwins :That means your ports aren't open currectly. I usually do a DMZ when I'm running a host.

Sorry to bump this thread but situation is still same. What's DMZ?
I am I doing this right?

still doesn't work I tried also enabling that DMZ from router control panel.
Are you sure you're forwarding the ports on the correct internal IP? I find it quite unusual for a router to assign internal IP's beginning with 192.168.1.1. You can do Start>Run>cmd>ipconfig to check the actual internal IP of the computer you want to run the server on.
Quote from Latetzki :I am I doing this right?

still doesn't work I tried also enabling that DMZ from router control panel.

Are you using Dynex Router?

Yes portforward is correct but try to find your specific IP which is currently running in your computer net con.

Search CMD open it and type: ipconfig

192.168.2.1 is your router default so connection in the router starts in 192.168.2.2.

Belkin is the same as Dynex.

For Firewall:
DMZ The DMZ feature allows you to specify one computer on your network to be placed outside of the NAT firewall. This may be necessary if the NAT feature is causing problems with an application such as a game or video conferencing application. Use this feature on a temporary basis. The computer in the DMZ is not protected from hacker attacks. To put a computer in the DMZ, enter the last digits of its IP address in the field below and select "Enable". Click "Apply Changes" for the change to take effect.
@ MadCatX - I can't say I'm sure...

@ Deejayyaj- Yes, I'm using Belkin router. Default gateway is 192.168.2.1. I don't have to use that DMZ since it has risks?
It seems to me that you're forwarding the ports back to the router, which is incorrect. You have to enter the IP of the computer where you run the server to your router's configuration.
Quote from MadCatX :It seems to me that you're forwarding the ports back to the router, which is incorrect. You have to enter the IP of the computer where you run the server to your router's configuration.

Okay. Where should I enter this? I sure cant do that in Virtual Servers -tab in router's control panel (Image I posted earlier).
Quote from Latetzki :Okay. Where should I enter this? I sure cant do that in Virtual Servers -tab in router's control panel (Image I posted earlier).

Yes you can, just enter internal IP of your computer instead of 192.168.2.1 (that is most likely internal IP of your router).

Doing my first server
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG