The online racing simulator
#1 - -wes-
red light at pit exit: stop people from driving into cars ontrack.
Most good drivers wait for the field to pass before joining the track but for thouse that don't a nice big red light might give them a hint.

If not they get auto-spectate for crossing the light. You could give them a black flag but they might have driven into a few cars already.
In reality is just a flashing blue light. Penalising someone for leaving the pits when the field is going by is silly. Unless your talking about oval racing then i dont know what the rules are
cough Montoya cough :up:
I'd like for the stop rule to be for Qualifying at least. During a race, a blue light should flash and you should take extra caution.
pretty sure in an oval you can leave at any time; HOWEVER.. note that the pit lane goes all the way around to the straight

so really; we need a wall between the pit exit road, around turn 1, all the way to the straight.. and merge there

i dont know much about these though; the first time i've ever noticed them was when i played the demo of GTR..

but if i remember correctly, i've never really noticed on in alot of the F1 tracks (ei: hockenheim).. seems to me they just merge

so i guess the best bet is... have them where turns are (ei: blackwood), because the times i havent seen them, is when the exit pitlane is on a straight
Quote from tristancliffe :cough Montoya cough :up:

we dont have safety cars yet
#7 - Gunn
That's what the yellow line is for at the pit exit. If racers were penalised for crossing the line (like in F1) then most pit exit incidents could probably be avoided.
Quote from tristancliffe :cough Montoya cough :up:

That was because the safety car was passing and that the driver must join in at the end of the pack I don't see the need for this except for quali when the light would go on at the end of the session to prevent others entering the track. In most racing I've watched theres only a blue light which tells the driver that theres cars coming down by the pit exit.

Keiran
Yeah I like the idea. While I always try and check, any extra warning would be beneficial, particularly as the Formula cars have such limited rear visibility.

Oh and while we're at it, I want to hear a claxion every time a car drives into the pits.
heh, Westhill could actually use a warning light for the drivers on the track, it's not hard for the cars on track to go a little right, but the cars in the pits just have to get back on track. Heh, I dont have to wait to let the grid trough because of bad timing for coming out of pits
Well, IRL when the westhill track was in planning stage, the FIA safety commision would do something to get the racing line from the pit exit. They have done that on the track I work at... For Westhill it would be better for the pits to be on the other side...
And the flashing blue light would be nice.
Well for a track like aston, You would only get a blue flag warning you that cars are passing the pit exit at full speed.
Because the racing line does not cross the pit exit.

For blackwood you would get a red flag ordering you to stop before the exit, as the racing line just crosses the pit exit.
For crossing the red flag you get a blackflag and the server has an option to spectate the driver to avoid an accedent.

I ment for the flags to help drivers find a gap to enter the track safely, as I have been driven into at blackwood a few times.
The blackwood pit exit should be after the first set of bends, maybe we should get the fia on to it. :haha:
Being penalised for driving out of the pit lane is... no I don't want an option like that to be implemented. Instead, I'd prefer just the nice blue flashing light at the end of the pit lane. That's all we need. And those drivers who crash cars on the track because of ignoring the blue light - well, that's what we need admins for.
There is no such thing like "ignoring a blue light".

It would be nice if LFS checks if someone crosses the yellow line and gives a penalty.
I think penalties would be over the top, just a warning. So long as you know to be cautious and stay out of the way, so accidents are prevented, it's purpose is served.

Nice avatar inCogNito.
Quote from inCogNito :There is no such thing like "ignoring a blue light".

It would be nice if LFS checks if someone crosses the yellow line and gives a penalty.

In the Czech League - Actual Linux Summer Cup, I penalise this on the second infraction (first infraction - warning)...
Quote from Bob Smith :I think penalties would be over the top, just a warning. So long as you know to be cautious and stay out of the way, so accidents are prevented, it's purpose is served.

Nice avatar inCogNito.

I agree, look how dodgy the automatic blue flag is, if would have to be infallible like the pit speed limits to be used to impose stop and gos or drive throughs,

Moreover I agree with the idea of a light at the end of the pitlane to warn of traffic, but there is no way of having an automatic system to say if a red light should be on, it's all about the particular conditions the speed and position of the traffic.

The one thing I am adiment about is not crossing the line on exiting the pits, the yellow line is an absolute rule, because it can ruin a great race, the difference in speed can be crazy, however the only problem with any automatic system is if you have to cross the line because someone is stationary ahead or spins / stops or slows suddenly, any automatic system would have to be able to deal with those events.

It's also a good idea although I don't think it's in any rules to but hazards on or indicate when about to pit, giving those behind you some warning that your line and speed will change to go into the pits,
#18 - Vain
Any touch wih the yellow line should be penalized, unless the yellow line is curently in a yellow-flag-area (e.g. someone spins about the track).

Vain
When I wrecked once, and I waited for all of the cars to pass before I left the pits. Then, when everyone passes, I go back into the race. On the next lap, I didn't see someone coming out of the pits, and they smashed through the cones on exiting, and just nicked my car. I agree with the stoplight, and I also think that if people speed in pitlane, they should get an automatic disqualification.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG