The online racing simulator
running lfs dedicated server as a service
hello in currently running a server from home and no problems with that. but I wanna run both lfs dedicated server and airio as a service instead of an application. I have a program named fire daemon that is commonly used for running game servers as a service. the upsides to why I wanna do this are many. first and foremost -running a service requires less of your computer secondly i dont need 2 open applications. ive installed firedaemon and tryed to set it up correct, but I cant get it to start. hope that someone here is more talented then me and can help of get this sorted. would be happy for any help. if you have any more questions dont hesitate to ask. /Thomas
You should definitely take a look at this thread if you haven't done so already. You can run LFS dedi server without the annoying GUI by adding "/dedicated=invisible" to the config file, I've no idea if AIRIO has such an option too though.
I suppose you should talk to the guys at the FireDaemon techsupp rather than us as this looks more like a FireDaemon issue anyway...
ive read the guide and understand most of it :-) but the reason I wanna use fire daemon is that I remotely access and automatically restart lfs and airio. i m pretty sure that firedaemon can do what I want but it offer some skill in setting it up. just asking here cause good know how about lfs. can post screens of firedaemon when I get home around midnight. I did look at firedaemons forums but on info about lfs. thats why I gave this forum a shot.
you could try that program, but you can also do it by hand if you know how to finaggle the registry editor... however it will boil down to whether or not LFS will run like that... some programs won't run as a service because they require interaction, or they just won't run properly if they do start.
Sorted it by running lfs with /dedicated=invisible and airio n teamspeak servers as services. Couldent get LFS to work as a service but invisible does the job for me, only downside is that i cant restart LFS remotely.

Thx guys
//Thomas
could you use something like RDP or logmein?
prolly, but im happy as it is now, will dig deeper when i get more time ...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG