The online racing simulator
Comments when joining a server
(10 posts, started )
Hi everyone,

I have a question. Sometime i host a cops 'n robbers server, but I'm tired of explaining the rules to everyone.
I've seen on a lot of servers that when you join, there's a comment added. Like : hosted by liveforspeed.fr or something. I want to do the same with my server, so the player will see the rules immediatly after he joins. Is there a way that I can implement such a comment too? I haven't found anything, but I've searched everywhere.

Uo Burnout, i was on the server when some guy mentioned this... I believe you can set a comment on the screen where you start the hosting!?! Letme know how you get on

Sam
Cops & Robbers? LOL maybe you can paste rules here too? Im curious!
Quote from hrtburnout :
I've seen on a lot of servers that when you join, there's a comment added. Like : hosted by liveforspeed.fr or something.

In U patch new command was added:

/welcome=X.txt :set welcome text file

Create text file (X.txt) in LFS root dir, then execute /welcome=X.txt command from LFS server...
However that message may dissappear too quickly for your purposes. Another option is to use InSim applications that are able to show welcoming messages as an ordinary chat text.
It doesn't work, I enter the code, but LFS just says nothing, not even an error or something
Quote from hrtburnout :It doesn't work, I enter the code, but LFS just says nothing, not even an error or something

You can see that message only when connecting to server. Ask people who connect to your server if they see it. Or set up dedicated server, then you can check yourself...
hey i type it and it say File not found :S
#8 - sjava
What on earth are you talking about?

And look at the date of the last post
/thread
Quote from [DrIfTeR]GiOrGoS :hey i type it and it say File not found :S

Where is your welcome.txt file?
BTW give him a break guys, better than starting a new thread

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG