The online racing simulator
Human mind & body with racing
(18 posts, started )
#1 - aoun
Hey guys, just a question as usual.

I seem to be having a problem lately and it seems to be effecting me quite alot. Lately while karting, and also even on the roads, I have been getting quite abit of nausea after periods of time. It effects my concentration as well as my performance. Ive never had this kind of problem before and it seems to upset me at the same time, as motor racing is a passion for me.

Ive spoken to people, ive researched, though have not yet seen a doctor as its not an extreme case or anything, and i thought id give a shot at a racing community.

A brief background of my lifestyle. I eat healthy, I train 6 days a week, i DO smoke a packet a day (25 cigarettes), my sleep is abit below average. However, i have always been like this and never have had this problem. If im a passenger, the nausea gets way too much for me.

The only lifestyle changes in my life recently have only really been eating healthier, and more of a bigger lifestyle change, ive recently started body building. Now, when i mean body building, 1. i have just started over the past month and a half. 2. Ive only put on afew kilograms (currently 82kg) ..not kai greene or mr olympia so its nothing serious. I spoke to a mate and his opinion is because ive increased on muscle mass and due to training, my iron levels drop and my muscles arnt as relaxed as usual. He recomended increasing my iron, meditating my muscles and stretch after each muscle part trained. However, he only has an insight on training, and has no clue on motorsports.

At first, i agreed with that, as it does make sense, but then i think about others, who would be heavier than me and race too.

Does anyone here have some kind of understanding or knows any reason why my body has been like this? If you need more information, dont hesitate to ask.
I'm not an expert by any means, but it sounds like you're getting car sickness.
yh sounds like motion sickness very possibly, and the onset could be things including vison troubles and bery possible the onset of ear problems or something. a change to your sences of speed, movement and balance etc could confuse your brain making you fell nauseas, as for it being orse as a passenger thats not uncommen as your not in control so its another thing to confuse your brain, i have a freind who karts and is shall we say an enthusiastic driver and never has a problem but if he sits in th back of a car he throws up in no time and still feels a bit didgy as a passenger.

thats my take on things anyway lol not that i have any real experiance of that sort of thing just my opinion on possibilities
#4 - 5haz
Petrol/oil/exhaust fumes might contribute too, I had this problem when testing a car with a leaky exhaust and badly sealed passenger compartment, felt like throwing up after a while in the car.

Motion sickness sounds most plausible, although I've never known a driver to get it, and I don't get why you'd suddenly get motion sickness even though you've been racing/driving for quite a long time I presume?
#5 - aoun
Quote from 5haz :Petrol/oil/exhaust fumes might contribute too, I had this problem when testing a car with a leaky exhaust and badly sealed passenger compartment, felt like throwing up after a while in the car.

Motion sickness sounds most plausible, although I've never known a driver to get it, and I don't get why you'd suddenly get motion sickness even though you've been racing/driving for quite a long time I presume?

Yeah, thats more what i have been trying to figure out. I know its motion sickness. I know what it does. Ive never EVER had a problem with long drives, passenger drives, fumes, riding trains or buses backwards. I could read a magazine while being in a car.

My question was how could this all change all of a sudden?

@JP, ill look into that virus within your eyes.
You could simply need glasses/contacts. You could also be over-training. It isn't uncommon for people that over-train to get fatigue and other symptons. 6 days a week training is pretty hardcore.

Also, the smokling will be affecting you. it might be that's it's only just now catching up with you. You should be looking to cut down a bit anyway.
Stop smoking, train less. You don't grow by training, you grow by resting anyway 2-3 times a week should be plenty unless you're doing a sick split program.
#8 - aoun
Quote from RasmusL :Stop smoking, train less. You don't grow by training, you grow by resting anyway 2-3 times a week should be plenty unless you're doing a sick split program.

Monday - Back
Tuesday - Chest
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - Shoulders/neck
Friday - Walking/Swimming
Saturday - Biceps/Triceps
Sunday - Rest

8-9 hours of sleep a day. Body has right amounts of protien and carbs, however, iron could be lacking.

It is all evenly spaced out. I wouldnt have thought it could be smoking, as ive been smoking for 6 years compared to alot of others i know who smoke alot more. However, all bodies are different.
Tomorrow I am on the track, and im really going to test myself. If things seem not too well, I'll be booking an appointment with the docs.
I'm not sure any of what I said will help with this problem anyway, it was just general suggestions
The thing is, your body changes and stuff happens, just because you've "always done it" doesn't mean you still can. I have had an inner ear infection causing me to have nausea 24/7 for months. Stress can cause this too. I'd check with a doctor, and expect that they can't tell you what it is or do anything about it.
Quote from aoun :Monday - Back
Tuesday - Chest
Wednesday - Legs
Sunday - Rest

8-9 hours of sleep a day. Body has right amounts of protien and carbs, however, iron could be lacking.

It is all evenly spaced out. I wouldnt have thought it could be smoking, as ive been smoking for 6 years compared to alot of others i know who smoke alot more. However, all bodies are different.
Tomorrow I am on the track, and im really going to test myself. If things seem not too well, I'll be booking an appointment with the docs.

too much training, you should have 2 more rests mixed in the middle, your body is tired.
This may sound stupid, but turn around an do 10 circles in place really quick and see if you feel the same way or if it's different. If it's motionsickness you'll likely fell the exact same way.. if not then it's fumes or some other cause you can presume.
Quote from aoun :Monday - Back
Tuesday - Chest
Wednesday - Legs
Sunday - Rest

thats a pretty retarded training schedule! but have fun having your body destroyed by the age of 35.
#13 - aoun
Quote from Dennis93 :thats a pretty retarded training schedule! but have fun having your body destroyed by the age of 35.

What you assume retarded, thats not what this is about.
I don't know if you want to become huge and full of short muscles you can use for flexing at the beach, or you want something that you can actually use.

It sounds like from what I can see on the schedule that it is the first you try to accomplish, that's why i think it's retarded, but whatever floats your boat really

EDIT : looking around too much whilst driving a car can also provoke dizziness when driving a car, or being a passenger.
Could be that you're getting dehydrated, that can cause dizziness and nausea which could be aggravated by travelling. Looking at how much weight training you're doing, I hope you're taking on plenty of fluids.

I would agree with the other advice you've had - try cutting your weight training to three or four days a week and see if you still have this problem.
have you had any ear problems, severe head colds, tooth / jaw pain recently ?

it could easily be a problem with your inner ear, see your doctor may just be an infection or it could be the start of something like menier's disease. i suffer from a mildish case, i'm ok but rollercoasters etc are a complete no no, even fairground roundabouts can cause me problmes with my balance and give feelings of nausea. alan shepard the astronaut suffered from it which was why it was so long between his first and second flights and why it was jim lovels crew on apollo 13 rather than his crew.
#17 - aoun
Quote from Dennis93 :I don't know if you want to become huge and full of short muscles you can use for flexing at the beach, or you want something that you can actually use.

It sounds like from what I can see on the schedule that it is the first you try to accomplish, that's why i think it's retarded, but whatever floats your boat really

EDIT : looking around too much whilst driving a car can also provoke dizziness when driving a car, or being a passenger.

I find the human body amazing, especially when it comes to building it. Im not a beach person nor do i show off, but i know your not saying i am.

Schedule is a split training program, works perfect if the fluids, eating and rest are fully concentrated on and put as high priority.

Ive also been told looking around while driving can be a cause, but once again, never had this problem before. :/

Quote from tinvek :have you had any ear problems, severe head colds, tooth / jaw pain recently ?

it could easily be a problem with your inner ear, see your doctor may just be an infection or it could be the start of something like menier's disease. i suffer from a mildish case, i'm ok but rollercoasters etc are a complete no no, even fairground roundabouts can cause me problmes with my balance and give feelings of nausea. alan shepard the astronaut suffered from it which was why it was so long between his first and second flights and why it was jim lovels crew on apollo 13 rather than his crew.

The whole ear problems at first i thought would not make sense, but alot of people have told me about this and how it can cause an unbalance in your body.

I HIGHLY appreciate the solutions guys. Ive taken each one into consideration and looked into it.

I ended up practising on my kart the other day, after 20 laps, had to pack up and leave. It got too much to handle and my heart was beating 1000mph. Once again, a first!

Reguarding doctors, My blood tests came back i was all perfect but blood pressure was just a tiny bit low.

Ive got a few more tests and might come with an answer. Thanks alot!
Quote from aoun :I find the human body amazing, especially when it comes to building it. Im not a beach person nor do i show off, but i know your not saying i am.

Well, It's hard to say what it is really then.
Either it could be the engine putting some kuldioxid inside the cabin, i can't really think of anything else that would make you sick to be completly honest

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG