The online racing simulator
LFS + Fraps = Problem
(23 posts, started )
#1 - Tisty
LFS + Fraps = Problem
Hi all !

Last month, i changed my graphix card for an "nVidia GTX 470" cause my "Amd 4870x2" was died.

The problem is when i record with Fraps and AA is enable in the game, i get 15 FPS only (AAx8) 20 FPS for AAx4... but i set 30 in Fraps.

This problem appeared when i changed the graphix card, but if i don't record in the game with the AAx8 is enable, i get 100 FPS or higher if i want (FPS locked) or if i record without the AA, i get more FPS (60 if i want).

And i want to record at 30 FPS min with the AA enable.

Any solution for this problem ?

Thanks you.
Someone, please translate this. I dont understand.
i'm going to take a wild guess and say that vsync is on.
#4 - Tisty
@ bunder9999:
Thanks for reply, i tried with and without, it don't word.
I had the same problem, the solution was setting LFS into 16-bit graphics.
#6 - Tisty
@ nidzio93:
Thanks you it work, but it give a bad quality
Turn off antialiasing in your GF settings as well as in LFS.
#9 - dadge
use the latest fraps. it's noticeably better than older versions. also, the capture folder for fraps shouldn't be on the same hard drive as the game you're using.
Use NVidia Inspector to set antialiasing settings like this: (this setting breaks some other games so please set it JUST for LFS.exe)

Gives steady 60 fps when recording with Fraps + looks very decently antialiased.
I've recorded a few laps using Fraps, what is the problem exactly?

I've found I can't record LFS when I'm using 32 bit, but can using 16. Regardless of size dimensions.
Try Vegas' advise : when you recorded lfs, put in the speed 0.5, and then, when you edit the movies with movies makers, increases the speed of the movies.

that's what I did with my little computer setup :P But yea, it can be a problem with your graphic card
I run the simulation at 0.5 (and even 0.25 at times) of real time speed to allow my computer 2 (or 4 at 0.25 RTS) times more time for rendering each frame when using FRAPS. Then I use VirtualDub to alter the framerate of the movie, and third party sound editing tools to speed up and resample the sound because VirtualDub can not speed up the sound.
I remember reading (possibly on here) that the reason why FRAPs lags when recording from some games is because its has to write the video file to disk in real time as well as having to read from that same disk to run the game, and the workaround i was told was to either have 2 hard drives or 2 seperate partitions, one for running games and stuff and one for fraps to record to.
#15 - 65D
I have exact same problem.

Simply, with any 32-bit resolutions (in LFS and FS2004) while recording with AA x8 and AF x16, FPS drops always 5-15FPS!

When I record with 16-bit resolutin, its locked to 30FPS as it should be. The next problem is, 16-bit can kiss cows ass!?
I've had that problem with recording, all I did to fix it was turn off AA and my fps shot up over 100.
#17 - 65D
Quote from c00kie :I've had that problem with recording, all I did to fix it was turn off AA and my fps shot up over 100.

My FPS shot up over 100 too (without recording, with recording I lock it to 30 fps) but the next problem is actual footage without AA is ugly as shit.

With AA, 16-bit = 30 fps
Without AA, 32-bit = 30 fps
With AA, 32-bit = 5-10 fps

What the f-word should I do? Don't understand the solution of this.

Quote from Kova. : it can be a problem with your graphic card

I have NVIDIA GeForce GT320M 1GB. It should and seriously is way enough for Live For Speed.
Quote from Skagen :I run the simulation at 0.5 (and even 0.25 at times) of real time speed to allow my computer 2 (or 4 at 0.25 RTS) times more time for rendering each frame when using FRAPS. Then I use VirtualDub to alter the framerate of the movie, and third party sound editing tools to speed up and resample the sound because VirtualDub can not speed up the sound.

VirtualDub CAN speed up the sound. Read manual carefully Just a hint: Audio -> Full Processing Mode; Audio -> Use Advanced Filtering; Audio -> Filters...
Quote from danthebangerboy :I remember reading (possibly on here) that the reason why FRAPs lags when recording from some games is because its has to write the video file to disk in real time as well as having to read from that same disk to run the game, and the workaround i was told was to either have 2 hard drives or 2 seperate partitions, one for running games and stuff and one for fraps to record to.

LFS reads from disk only during mapload, it doesn't touches HDD at all while you're racing :/
Quote from 65D :without AA is ugly as shit.

AA doesnt affect quality of the image as much as you think it is, anyway after compression, resizing etc you video will be a bit blurred even without AA.
Unless you doing this movie in insane quality you dont really need aa.
I remember reading that lfs have this large fps drop when recording video with AA so it looks like its a normal thing for lfs.
And give your computer spec because for all we know you could try to play and record this video on calculator and while people trying to help looking for a solution the only solution might be upgrading.

Instead of speeding up sound much easier would be just first record video with fraps then record sound with audacity or something similar.
Then merge and its done.

And fraps its so slow because what fraps doing needs a fast and powerful computer.
End of the story.
Quote from Chupacabras84 :anyway after compression, resizing etc you video will be a bit blurred even without AA.

Yeah, and all LFS vids should look like this, right? :rolleyes:

A properly recorded (nevermind a laggy mpr) and encoded (lol, wmv) LFS sample looks somewhat like this.
Try to capture video in window mode guys. Works for me
#22 - 65D
Quote from Derbis1990 :Try to capture video in window mode guys.

How to capture video in windowed mode? Doesn't it include all Windows taskbar and window edges/borders and all that stuff?
turn off the AA in LFS and set it for example to 4xAA in drivers (no application controlled). The AA in LFS does not seems to be well integrated and causing issues sometimes.

LFS + Fraps = Problem
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG