The online racing simulator
Quote from Jakg :An unbranded 42" TV is what, £380? (Work did 42" LG's for £379 recently).

Thats less than 2 weeks work on the minimum wage...

Would take me either a month to earn that much and I would have to use a nice big chunk of my overdraft or two months without spending any money on petrol, and I earn quite a bit more than minimum.

Everyone says "oh it only costs xx weeks pay" but then forget that out of each of the £100 we earn, £22.50 or there abouts goes to the tax man, and then about £65 would go on bills, fuel, morgages, etc..leaving only about £11-£12 to spend on things that aren't "essential"..
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Would take me either a month to earn that much and I would have to use a nice big chunk of my overdraft or two months without spending any money on petrol, and I earn quite a bit more than minimum.

Everyone says "oh it only costs xx weeks pay" but then forget that out of each of the £100 we earn, £22.50 or there abouts goes to the tax man, and then about £65 would go on bills, fuel, morgages, etc..leaving only about £11-£12 to spend on things that aren't "essential"..

Except (to my knowledge) Rappa Z lives with his parents (he's 16). I doubt he has any large overheads.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Everyone says "oh it only costs xx weeks pay" but then forget that out of each of the £100 we earn, £22.50 or there abouts goes to the tax man,

When you include national insurance and VAT and fuel duty and road tax and duties on alcohol and tobacco, council tax etc. you'll probably find it's closer to 50%.
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition + Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus + Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB.
The TV was £411, I made about £1400 after taxes.

Its not a lot of money, but I only worked ~20 hours a week for 8 weeks. Not to mention that I'm a lifeguard, so I only work half the time I'm there (we're liable if we do anything more than 30 minute shifts, so we rotate 30 on, 30 off). Next year I get a 35-40 hour week and teach swim lessons, so I'll be up to about £3500 because parents tip big for swimming lessons. Most lifeguards at our lake make between £3000 and £4000 depending on how late into the season they can work.

I'll hopefully end up getting a multi-monitor setup.
Quote from thisnameistaken :When you include national insurance and VAT and fuel duty and road tax and duties on alcohol and tobacco, council tax etc. you'll probably find it's closer to 50%.

Wouldn't disagree with you mate. I just mean the basic 22% tax band...even more to be honest with VAT now, in effect we are paying 42% tax on every £1 bag of sweets we buy, probably double that on fuel.

Everything else was calculated roughly in the other figure...but still, shocking nevertheless. **** this country.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Wouldn't disagree with you mate. I just mean the basic 22% tax band

Ah. Well the standard rate of income tax is 20%. They dropped it to 20% a couple of years ago when they got rid of the 10p band so it looked generous but in fact it increased the tax burden on the lowest paid. Pretty poor behaviour for a so-called Labour government.
Quote from [UKR] Race King : this and
this...unfortunately the amplifier haven't arrived yet so the guitar is quite "useless"

Well, if you think a guitar without amplifier is useless. It will be useless with that amplifier too. The amplifier is useless.
Quote from Jakg :An unbranded 42" TV is what, £380? (Work did 42" LG's for £379 recently).

Thats less than 2 weeks work on the minimum wage...

It's more than a month work for my dad and almost two months work for my mum...
I think I can't even have a job yet. I'm only 15. And tech costs a bit more in Croatia...
Also, tax rate here is 23%.

And having 2000$ (that's 10000HRK [Croatian Kuna], my dad earns 3500 a month) in only one summer would mean that I could get drunk enough to forget who I am every day and still have some money left...
Quote from Uke :Well, if you think a guitar without amplifier is useless. It will be useless with that amplifier too. The amplifier is useless.

An electric guitar IS useless without the amplifier...what is the point of having electric guitar and not use it as it suppose to be used?
Quote from [UKR] Race King :An electric guitar IS useless without the amplifier...what is the point of having electric guitar and not use it as it suppose to be used?

You can still play it though. I used to often practice without an amp.
Quote from [UKR] Race King :An electric guitar IS useless without the amplifier...what is the point of having electric guitar and not use it as it suppose to be used?

He meant that that amp sux...

back to the studio

finally ;D

Jabra HALO Wireless Bluetooth headset/headphones.
Absolutely stunning in looks, and the quality is pretty good for wireless.
£40 brand new (usually £100) so absolute bargain!
Quote from thisnameistaken :You can still play it though. I used to often practice without an amp.

Well yeah you can...

Quote from matijapkc :He meant that that amp sux...

From what i've been told and searched on the net myself for the money that is costs it's a steal...
Wildfire.. awesome little phone.

a ticket to
Quote from thisnameistaken :Ah. Well the standard rate of income tax is 20%. They dropped it to 20% a couple of years ago when they got rid of the 10p band so it looked generous but in fact it increased the tax burden on the lowest paid. Pretty poor behaviour for a so-called Labour government.

Indeed, 10p in the pound was bad enough when I was rocking minimum wage (and every hour going), but then having to pay 20p in the pound, it made a huge difference when you're not exactly hella flush.
HERTZ ES250D.4

replaces my z5500 sub as I blew it. also third set of z5500 coming off warranty, i love logitech.

You can practice without an amplifier. My point is that the amp sucks.
Quote from Uke :You can practice without an amplifier. My point is that the amp sucks.

How you know?Have you tried it?
BT Grey paint, in rattle cans. Had to special order it, but should be ready by Friday. £11.40 a tin, but it means I can start to make my van look less ruined.
Someone buy me this. Analog fuzz/synth legend box, wish I had the cash I would take his hand off.

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG