The online racing simulator
This maybe a really silly question but.....
Can any PC run on mac OS X, as i have an old dell optiplex gx260 (sff) here, it currently has xp pro on it but the install is completely hammered due to the previous owner getting into all sorts of muddles with adware etc, and although its only a little p4 1.8ghz with 256mb ram, its so full of crap that it takes about 10 minutes just to get into windows, and as i havent got an XP pro CD i was considering just dumping windows and installing either the google OS, or OS X on it, if it will work.

So, does anyone know if this would work?

Many thanks, and sorry if this is a silly question.
Not sure with macs but I recall they need a certain type of CPU to work until the later builds of intel CPU's which supported whatever stupid processing they run.

But probably competely wrong, speak to Jack.
#3 - Jakg
It's a grey area, this thread may well be binned soon.

"Hackintosh" would be a good word to Google, though.

You can run OSX on many different platforms, however driver supports for GPU's etc.

I've tried before, but failed...
CPU you'd like to run it on supports SSE2 extension only and if I'm not mistaken all recent versions of OS X need SSE3 compliant CPU to run. Plus the amount of RAM is just not enough for a beast like OS X. OS X is in no way resource efficient or particularly fast. To sum it up, you might be able to get OS X running on that laptop, but you're likely to run into drivers hell as getting OS X drivers for WiFi and stuff can be a pain in the ass. You might want to check out http://www.osx86project.org/ to find more about HW compatibility.

BTW, if you're considering some other OS, why not give Ubuntu, Mint or Fedora a try? You can get very lightweight versions like XUbuntu or LUbuntu which will run circles around any version of windows or OS X. Also the hardware support is much better than what you can expect from OS X.
In short...

It will not work. If you will get it working it will be just as slow or even slower. Don't know what you want to do with this oldie but if it's only surfing the Internet and other small stuff, go Ubuntu.

Or reinstall XP.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG