The online racing simulator
HOW TO - resolve G25/27 OVERHEATING
Very nice, I did something simular. But I also used the "grill" at the backside (the one you removed) as a dust filter. I can make a picture if you like.
I don't have overheating problems even during endurance races with G25
It's an okay idea if your G25 overheats I guess, but it's so noisy already I don't think I'd like the fan sound on top..
"over"heating is not the good word for it. But the motors get really hot. And maybe they live a little longer if they are cooled? Also the fan speed/noise is adjustable.
On the lower voltage (3v), I can`t hear fans
#6 - dadge
Quote from Jadran :On the lower voltage (3v), I can`t hear fans

that's because they've stopped turning.
-
(Jadran) DELETED by Jadran
First off thanks Jadran

I just did this mod with the two fans mounted on the motors. I decided to leave the PCB fan out though....

Problem is the two little fans when set above 3v in the multi adapter I bought start to become very loud and cause very fine vibrations in the steering wheel, they sound off balance or something. At 3v they are ok, but without the other fan I'm wondering if this is high enough to even do very much cooling, or is 3v enough speed? The case still becomes hot on top, although not "as" hot.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Again!
Hi
I have used this configuration because the "big" fan (Club) push "cold" air in case over PBC and both small fan with heatsink push air through the holes in the engine.
After few hours drive top of case is still cold

EDIT:
3v is enough because air is passing through the case better then without fan

As I said in first post : http://www.log-on.be/EN/index.php/pr...-supply-1000ma I use same on 3v and push all 3 fan and vibration are negligible .

Now I have T 500RS and I do not have such problems but the fan could be less noisy
But if you use headphones then is OK :static:
thanks for the speedy reply Jadran,

I didn't mount the PCB fan like I said but I did drill a couple of holes in the front grill (2x10mm) to allow for air intake. I'm not sure that's enough but since it was a pain to open the wheel without chopping off the fragile wires for the buttons and paddles, I really want to avoid opening it up again . I guess even without the PCB fan it's still better than nothing?

Yeah I watched some videos of the T500 it's pretty loud, but I imagine it doesn't vibrate?
I think couple of holes in the front grill (2x10mm) to allow for air intake is not enough.
See picture below and if you want drill hole in the middle of front grill
Attached images
DSC_0024copy.jpg
Quote from Jadran :I think couple of holes in the front grill (2x10mm) to allow for air intake is not enough.
See picture below and if you want drill hole in the middle of front grill

So maybe I should just knock that middle panel out then? But I'd surely have to take it apart again I think drilling it while its still attached might me a bit crazy/risky
I'd also need to somehow filter the dust. Did you just leave the whole front open like that?
This is probably a dumb question, but how did you mount that front fan without the fan-casing? All I can find are normal fans in the plastic case...
Sorry Jadran one last question. Do you have a link to exactly the fan you used? I'm confused which size to get.

Thanks again for you help!:bowdown:
Here's my completed fan mod! It was quite a job to get the front fan to not hit the PCB board or top inside of the case, a little piece of thin flexible sheet metal cut bent did the trick, although I had to bend attach and bend again to get it to fit.

The wheel stays cool for hours now!!!! I highly recommend this mod to anyone who is patient and can solder a couple of contacts. One thing to watch out for: Taking the wheel off and removing the plugs for the paddle shifter and wheel buttons, IF THE NEEDLE NOSE PLIERS SLIP YOU WILL SHEER OFF THE WIRES. I say this in all caps as I got very lucky and only skinned a couple of wires that I repaired with a little epoxy on a needle.

Good luck to anyone who does this, and thanks again Jadran!!! :bowdown:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Why does the fan go on the PCB instead at the motors? Is it the PCB that overheats?
The fan over the PCB sucks fresh air in through the front (I sawed out the front middle section) and gives it to the small motor fans. You can see how Jadran just got rid of the front plate all together.
I originally had only the motor fans but the case would heat anyway as not enough air could get in and out.

Also on the top of the case you can see small air holes in the shape of slits. Only two on each side are actually open but there are 5 on each side "visually", I just cut out the other 3 on each side. It now lets more air out directly above the motors. The case now stays cool even after an hour of heavy racing, and at 3v the fans are silent and still do their job.

So in answer to your question, I think the motors are the only thing that overheats. But I guess the PCB therefore being cooler as a result can only be a good thing.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG