The online racing simulator
Video choppy and freezes
(5 posts, started )
Video choppy and freezes
I have had problems lately, after using LFS for a year, the video is choppy. Sometimes it is very subtle, but affects playability, other times it freezes, especially with cars in front, comes and goes. Would a fresh load help? Could it be just my computer, had no problems for first year. Put new memory cards in it and that helped, but still cannot drive multiplayer without it freezing up.

Quote from MTnRunnr :Put new memory cards in it and that helped

Naw dude I dont know from where you get those memory cards but put them where they were initially, I doubt they would help, gotta be placebo or sumffin
And In case you meant RAM then yeah that could help.

Also since problem is in multiplayer it could be two things either your connection or you graphic card/processor cant handle it when you enter the server with 25-40 ppl.
Since we dont know what do you have inside of your PC case In b4 laptop
I suggest you post your system spec like:
OS.
Graphic card.
Processor.
Ram.
Motherboard.

DO YOU HAVE NEWEST DRIVERS INSTALLED etc.

Because as for now it could be as well your PC and we wouldn't know it.
Also if you did system reinstall or changed anything.
Quote from MTnRunnr :I have had problems lately, after using LFS for a year, the video is choppy. Sometimes it is very subtle, but affects playability, other times it freezes, especially with cars in front, comes and goes. Would a fresh load help? Could it be just my computer, had no problems for first year. Put new memory cards in it and that helped, but still cannot drive multiplayer without it freezing up.

You have not mentioned what type of computer you are using.
laptop? desktop? full specs might help
Wireless or wired internet? dial up or cable?
Installed any new HW or SW ?
does this happen in singleplayer offline mode as well as online multiplayer mode?
do you have alot of things running in the background/taskbar?
if you press Ctrl+Alt+Delete taskmanager will start, click the processes tab and see how many you have?

Good luck

SD.
Thanks for the response
Sorry, I should have posted the specifics. I was able to race in multiplayer with 15-20 cars and no problem. Now, I cannot race in single player with 3 AI cars. I replaced the RAM, now at 4GB, Toshiba laptop, AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-70, 2 GHz, 32-bit. I guess I should first try to delete and get a fresh download. What do you think?
I have always had Wi-Fi, this has not changed
-
(Chupacabras84) DELETED by Chupacabras84

Video choppy and freezes
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG