The online racing simulator
Scawen.

Make it good!

I must agree with some people that making a model "perfect" is almost impossible. I don't know when the unrealistic situations happen, but they're probably rare. I don't see why a test or alpha patch cant be released to give (after 2 years of delays) a taste of the new physics and content. It's not a official patch and people can't really whine and neither. I believe Scawen is afraid of people getting a bad image of unfinished physics and damaging future sales.
Thanks for the news finally! Got lots of faith from the Tyre model explanation. Good read!

Thank you!
Scawen, thanks for the Progress Report..

That keep us hopeful..
Quote from kimd41 :I must agree with some people that making a model "perfect" is almost impossible. I don't know when the unrealistic situations happen, but they're probably rare. I don't see why a test or alpha patch cant be released to give (after 2 years of delays) a taste of the new physics and content. It's not a official patch and people can't really whine and neither. I believe Scawen is afraid of people getting a bad image of unfinished physics and damaging future sales.

You know, LFS is in alpha phase for long years. Why would he release another one ?
LFS needs 2 communities: one for normal people and one for whiners.
Good news.
Holy Moly, I cant wait!
#109 - col
To Scavier and the normal folks: Merry Christmas to one and all...

and to the whiners: ...baa, Christmas sucks, you never get the presents you demanded, the weather's shite and no-one understands why you don't buy them decent presents... it's just not fair... right? lol... whine on shitheads
Thanks to the developers for the update! It was interesting to hear about the research on the tires. I look forward to the evolution of the model and the implementation in LFS

Enjoy the holidays!
#111 - e.M
:d
you people are unbelievable, crying for report even if it contains same info or ''still working'' and then you get it, its not good enough? you just wont stop whinning no matter what, now will you?
i am surprised that devs are still trying to please this ''community''
hope all the spam gets deleted and only important info left becouse then i come to this thread i want to read reports not spam about how buhu you are...
How can Merry Christmas and Good work Scavier, thanks scawen be important information ? Whining is just as important
Txs for the report. Perfection takes time nothing we can or should do about.
Reading the progress report on LFS.net made me understand tires a bit better, it's actually hard to believe that anything filled with air deforms so much in a second. It's somewhat like rocket science IMO, but I've always been facinated by physics of all types, despite my difficulty with mathematics.
Thanks to the team for the report.
I wish you a merry christmas.
Thanks for the progress report, this is what we needed
I know it's much asking for, since it probally is not an answer for this, but do you belive we will see a patch in 2011?

Again, I know you canot promiss anything as the tyre modell is complex stuff, but a vague guess would be great

Merry Christmas to you all!
Any news is good news at this point. Thanks, much appreciated.
Oh wait, I thought this was the progress report from 2008? :S
Quote from vourliotis :LFS needs 2 communities: one for normal people and one for whiners.

I think I have to agree. We need something like lfswhineforum.net

Anyway, while talking about development, I want to steal a bit of your time, and say that I support TVE's (hope I can call you that too, since The Very End is a bit long to type :razz wish - rallypack! Would be an awesome gift for the next christmas. (plus maybe, increasing grip on blackwood ramps, because that would be awesome too :shy

And... to be on topic(?) - thanks for the progress report. Hope the further testing turns out nice, because I'm sure there have been more than a few head-bangs on this (duh, learning multithreading and basic C++ (separately) is taking me more time).

Finally, as for the person, who asked who needs the technical info, and said that it is useless - I find it quite interesting. It is not, by any means, unneeded. I love all those techy stuff in the reports.
I had some weird deja vu feeling reading it yes.
Good to know how's the progress =)

merry christmas
thanks scawen,have a good christmas and new year
Gratz to read that, and merry christmas to all lfs drivers and forumers

PS : All people who are dissatisfied and who speak about rf2, beh, go ahead on your game and don't stay here, nobody keeps you on the leash like a dog, and stop writing that, it doesnt interest us
Thanks Scavier for the progress report, it`s always nice to read some news about LFS`s development. But there is a one thing to make this report almost perfect - videos would be nice to see all this stuff in action, not only in photos but for sure, better screens than nothing

Marry Christmas to all!
Epic, epic, epic.

I found the report in my spambox.
I've rarely felt a relief like this in my life. That the waiting is not in vain. That the love that I feel for LFS is not unrequited.

Now that I know that a very long silence from the devs doesn't mean the project is dead I'll gladly wait another year. Well, not gladly. But another long silent wait will not effect my faith in the project as much now I know that it doesn't mean something negative. I think other people will feel the same way.

Scavier, thanks!
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2010
(1653 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG