The online racing simulator
well, last time I logged in here was a few months ago. Now one day before X-Mas I wanted to check if there are some news... but no. still nothing....
Merry X-Mas to all who are waiting like me and also to the Devs. Hopefully they are doing what they are supposed to do. :wmann3:
[
The fact that it has taken as long as it has is a testament to the quality of the existing model.[/QUOTE]
There is no fact, there is no information to even suggest that there is or ever will be a new physic model,,,, other than statements on this forum.
Maybe the intention was there!
But in hope we wait, LFS was and is still one of the best race sim available so god bless the developers for giving us that!
I wonder how many lost souls spend their xmas's right here in this amazing thread...

Oh well,
Merry xmas, happy waiting year 2011 and all that shit!:frosty:

E:
-30 degrees celsius outside makes a merry fffing christmas indeed
Quote from Waste Me :[
The fact that it has taken as long as it has is a testament to the quality of the existing model.

There is no fact, there is no information to even suggest that there is or ever will be a new physic model,,,, other than statements on this forum.
Maybe the intention was there!
But in hope we wait, LFS was and is still one of the best race sim available so god bless the developers for giving us that![/QUOTE]

Scawen has stated it many times.
Well, this lfs stuff is just sad, say what you will, in lfs s1 progress was good...
I mean, if there is no progress maybe people aren't really trying.... see the late evolution to netkar pro, the game was almost grounded to a a stop and now they picked up the pace... How hard can it be for a professional on a almost full time... no one is seriously trying...
I would like to see how things would have turned out if it wasn't for the leaked s2 0.5F...and the rushed out the door demo... with the demo out they just relaxed...
I really wish well for lfs, there is no thing as to many sims, but really, really sad for this, if there is no progress by lack of will and determination then be honest... that was the intent of lfs wasn't it? throw away with big money hungry companies, be yourself, don't be like them...
Quote from RJC_pt :if it wasn't for the leaked s2 0.5F...and the rushed out the door demo... with the demo out they just relaxed...

Good old Domin8r .
1:35 until our test patch christmas present
I would say wait until tomorrow, if nothing happens, let the moaning continue
Quote from jasonmatthews :I would say wait until tomorrow, if nothing happens, let the moaning continue

I would say, wait until tommorow, if nothing happens, then go turn off your computer and spend some time doing other stuff, regardless whether or not you celebrate the Christmas holiday or not.
If patch isn't ready yet they can post a progress report or at last a video of VWS@ROC, anything...
Quote from Amynue :If patch isn't ready yet they can post a progress report or at last a video of VWS@ROC, anything...

It would be nice to have at last new progress report.
i will trolololoollololololololololoolo if the patch dont come out
The new tyre physics are a figment of Scawen's imagination.
Quote from Mango Juice :The new tyre physics are a figment of Scawen's imagination.

The day isn't finish, and it's also tomorrow Christmas
Just about max 23 hours left!:cake:
In 2002 sim starts, 2003-2004 S1 released, 2006 S2 released, 2010 nothing happened, GT5 was released and Rfactor 2 will be released soon...
There will be neither a patch, there is no Santa Claus.
If Scawen wanted, he would be making new trails, maintain interest.
lol, I can just imagine. It is the night of Christmas, and we all finish eating, checking the forum. At 11:59, he posts.

It is Christmas, and this is all you've been waiting for.

>
>>
>>>
>>>>

There is no patch, so you can all go a f*ck yourselves.

Scawen
No wonder they make no progress reports or expected release dates. So many people ruin the fun like EXPECTING something at Christmas, it's like a bunch of 2 year olds.

Merry Xmas Devs
Quote from JasonJ :No wonder they make no progress reports or expected release dates. So many people ruin the fun like EXPECTING something at Christmas, it's like a bunch of 2 year olds.

:

Well, we've been waiting for a very long time, and Christmas has been a traditional date where the developers release stuff. Just a spec of hope, especially because of the inactivity seen for the last year or so.

I do not see what fun we are destroying. Do you enjoy waiting, sir? Would you mind explaining the simile that you had. Like a bunch of two year olds. I don't know, but stuff like that having no real significance, for no real reason but to make you act idealistic and mature really makes me mad. What are you trying to do? Show the stupid superiority complex that you have? Stating how immature we are, by comparing us to being two year olds?

"Oooh, I am so good, so I will act idealistic, wait, shut up and act mature! I don't like the wait either, but I am here to tell others to stop talking about how they hate the wait, because I just like doing that." That is what I really hear coming out of your mouths
Go and troll somewhere else. Your previous post was rude and unnecessary and speaks volumes about yourself. You honestly think Scawen sits there and says go f** yourself to everyone? You've got some nerve. Goodbye.
I Wish you all a Happy Christmas but without Patch!
WOW Take a chill pill guys! Tis Xmas time.

It's not about waiting. It's about accepting it's all over.

The great LFS experiment started off great, but it has gone the way of the Amiga Inc and is now obsolete. The devs lost focus on what mattered. Those who remain here cling onto nostalgic memories and won't accept it's all over until Scawen says so.

The reality is if we ever see a patch, what happens after that? Are we going to wait another 4 years for the next one with some actual content?
Quote from Macfox :
The reality is if we ever see a patch, what happens after that? Are we going to wait another 4 years for the next one with some actual content?

This is the worse part.
As one of the many people who play lfs I can say that i dont play LFS regularly.
I play lock on regularly, I played Red Orchestra for 3 years almost every day regularly, I play COH regularly.
I play LFS once in a month or even less.

Every time i start FLS i am in awe of how great the cars feels (FZ5 and LX6 are my personal fav).
But after some time i get bored because even if the game feels great I dont really find pleasure in racing online and for me its only good in time attack mode since AI is horrible.
So I am checking on the LFS site current wr for some combo and try to beat it.
But in longer therm there is not enough tracks and the one existing are getting so repetitive after a while that i cant look at it anymore after a hour and I just close LFS.

And its really lame that even tho the physics is great the game lack content so dramatically and the worse of it, one person just cant provide a lot of stuff its impossible for scaven to do more than just improve physics (Which is a good thing) but instead of allowing at least fan made tracks he chooses (Selfishly IMO)to keep the game to himself instead of allowing players get even more fun from it.
In the end All I am waiting for are mods because as I mentioned above the devs wont be able to provide much content.

PS. Whos waiting for new cockpits, I understand that physics need more work b4 releasing but what holding new cockpits?
At first I thought that new cockpits will be released with physics patch to make it look more significant but since physic patch being delayed for 2 years i think they would release those cockpits earlier if they had it.
And definitely making a new cockpit doesn't require years and years of work.
You can make a pretty decent looking cockpit in a few months well in case you actually working on it.
So from the look of it scaven work on physics and the rest of the devs?
Quote from Chupacabras84 :I understand that physics need more work b4 releasing but what holding new cockpits?

Ask Eric.*

* - Eric don't answer to anyone
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG