The online racing simulator
License Tests
(6 posts, started )
License Tests
Its been posted on RSC before, but im posting it here as its a big problem with the unexperienced drivers trying to take the faster cars for a drive (ex: the FO8 on the oval)

The thing is that their should be training lessons and that their should be ones for each car that need to be past if someone wants to use that car online.

-Vendetta
actually the credits system was there to prevent starters to chose thefastest cars right away - from what i understand, the points system will come back with the full release (not the alpha) and i think it's the rigth way to handle it.

i know that credits aren't hard to get but it still prevents a certain amount of new users to race with the cars they can't control
#3 - (SaM)
I hope credits get reset in S2 final otherwise just about any guy, having tons of credits from all those S2 sessions, is able to unlock anything.

I really hope that passing the tutorial tests succesfully will allow people to use the cars instead of credits. This way people PROVE they can drive the cars.
#4 - -wes-
I dont like people being restricted like this , you by a game and then cant use half of it.

And its just a hastle for 'pro' drivers to blast through the tests, you should be able to use all the cars and tracks right away offline.

However I will stretch to allowing a server option to prevent drivers who haven't passed the tests(have enough credits etc) from joining.

All you elete drivers can tuck yourselfs away in a protected server and the sinners and spinners can still have some online f08 fun.

Did the credit system help much in s1? Nope . Practice is the only thing that makes a good driver.
Quote from -wes- :I dont like people being restricted like this , you by a game and then cant use half of it.

And its just a hastle for 'pro' drivers to blast through the tests, you should be able to use all the cars and tracks right away offline.

However I will stretch to allowing a server option to prevent drivers who haven't passed the tests(have enough credits etc) from joining.

All you elete drivers can tuck yourselfs away in a protected server and the sinners and spinners can still have some online f08 fun.

Did the credit system help much in s1? Nope . Practice is the only thing that makes a good driver.

That's what happens with all games. It extends the gameplay and actually imoroves your driving.
#6 - Woz
Quote from -wes- :I dont like people being restricted like this , you by a game and then cant use half of it.

Practice does make a good driver but why not restrict online with cars unless you have passed the test for that car. At least everyone will know you have a basic knowledge of the car.

BTW 99.9999% of games lock content. GTR didn't but they have changed this in GTL so you have to progress to get the faster cars. hmmm might be a reason for this.

Ah yes. Stop first corner madness by people who can't drive the car they are in

License Tests
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG