The online racing simulator
Lfs s3?
(43 posts, started )
Lfs s3?
Hi all, please don't hate or flame I would just like to put a simple request out there since we can't PM Scawen. Yes, I know there are threads speculating about this kind of thing but I thought it would be more effective to just have a nice request. If you're reading this Scawen could you please give us a short summary of how things are going with development of the next patch and if you have the time, when the test patch/es are coming? If I'm not supposed to put this here then feel free to delete. I'm not even good at LFS and don't play it enough but I'm still curious. Merry Christmas to all!
I saw that but Scawen hasn't posted there for a while afaik.

edit: Just checked, the 1st was his last post.
#5 - amp88
Degats- those are from March-August so they're not really new. Look at my post you replied to, I was curious about if there was newer news.

Amp88- Thanks for the tip! I wouldn't have known that.
#7 - Alric
I must agree it would be nice to know roughly how far away a public test patch release is. I'm sure the devs must know roughly if it's a few weeks away or a few years
#8 - Be2K
Quote from Alric :I must agree it would be nice to know roughly how far away a public test patch release is. I'm sure the devs must know roughly if it's a few weeks away or a few years

Scawen said that he wont publish any dates within the knowing that he can reach the complet dev. progress to his date so he is going to be silence anyway.

If Scawen is reading this, its okay when a Date is announced and 1 or 2 days before it you say "hey i am not gonna make it to it and i need a bit longer" ITs okay. We know that something will happen und we can be happy with every announcement that something will happen or a bit later but not knowing what and when something will happend is horrible. Its just Game okay, but LFS is the world best simulator all time !
He could at least say how much, in % he`s done since 2009. At leas once every 2-3 monts. Something like: "I`ve done about 50% of what needs to be improved for the scirocco update."
Quote from TigerClw :He could at least say how much, in % he`s done since 2009. At leas once every 2-3 monts. Something like: "I`ve done about 50% of what needs to be improved for the scirocco update."

nooo, that would take too much time to do, he is better of working those 3 mins of his life

3 mins in 3 months is too much to ask... :elefant:
Quote from TigerClw :He could at least say how much, in % he`s done since 2009. At leas once every 2-3 monts. Something like: "I`ve done about 50% of what needs to be improved for the scirocco update."

Except you don't know what is 100%.

First there was only the Scirocco. (Which I'm pretty much sure was done in the expected date)
Then they started with the tyre physics to made the simulation more real.
That lead Scawen to rebuild the suspension of the cars to work well with the new tyres.
(and the list could have grown)

One can never know if something must be redone while updating a piece of code/software.
And that's another to Flame CZE's thread...
It's not a Lancia. It should have a V6. And it's based on a Ferrari and thus has zero rally pedigree. It's about as far from a Stratos as you can get other than the looks (which I'm ashamed to admit is quite nice for a modern car)

Evo magazine borrowed our car to 'compare' them.
Quote from tristancliffe :It's not a Lancia. It should have a V6. And it's based on a Ferrari and thus has zero rally pedagree. It's about as far from a Stratos as you can get other than the looks (which I'm ashamed to admit is quite nice for a modern car)

Evo magazine borrowed our car to 'compare' them.

Holy shit, it's the first typo I've ever seen you commit!

I made it nice and big so it stands out .
Lfs
Nothing new in 2010!!!! Very bad.
-
(Bose321) DELETED by Bose321
#20 - SJB
Oh yeah, updated cheat protection, how often do other games this?

He didnt even wrote a news about this @lfs.net
Ok, since Scawen hasn't actually commented I thought I might as well put my guess in here- There will probably be a test version for our Christmas present, and if nothing shows by January there probably won't be anything for a long time. What do yall think?

And ball bearing turbo- I lol'd, nice job making it stand out.
Quote from jrs_4500 :Ok, since Scawen hasn't actually commented I thought I might as well put my guess in here- There will probably be a test version for our Christmas present, and if nothing shows by January there probably won't be anything for a long time. What do yall think?

And ball bearing turbo- I lol'd, nice job making it stand out.

It's quiet clear to me that there will NOT be a new release of LFS in 2010.

After a chat with some dev.
Wow,I came back here to see if something new was going on here.

Scirocco still even out wtf?I know there's only 3 devs but this is pretty much dead imo.
Quote :Scirocco still even out wtf?I know there's only 3 devs but this is pretty much dead imo.

^^^^
Yup, totally agree, has it been 2 yrs now ?

Lfs s3?
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG