The online racing simulator
Damn cream cakes and McDonalds
(75 posts, started )
well technically the chicken isnt very lean just so the ceasar salad is authentic, and the dressing is never very healthy no matter where you go, but the garden salad is pretty good i believe?
Doesn't really matter at all if you have a take-away now and then so long as you are active. Luckily I'm playing/coaching football nearly 5 times every week so I can get away with a pizza or KFC once or twice a week! Feel crap the morning after though to be fair.
Quote from Gills4life :Doesn't really matter at all if you have a take-away now and then so long as you are active. Luckily I'm playing/coaching football nearly 5 times every week so I can get away with a pizza or KFC once or twice a week! Feel crap the morning after though to be fair.

Its does matter, regardless of you doing activity, there are still plenty of bad things in take away crap that you don't want to be eating (transfats, chemicals etc etc).

Just because you are thin, it doesn't make you healthy.
I am not thin mate. I am active, I burn it off. I weight about 13 stone but there is little fat on me at the moment. You might split hairs and say it does matter, but it doesn't do a lot of harm to spoil yourself and have a take-away now and then. Are you trying to say I'm not healthy because I occasionally treat myself to a bit of KFC or pizza? Really? It doesn't really matter, if you're eating healthily the majority of the time while being very active there isn't much of a problem in having something unhealthy for a change. Having a kebab doesn't suddenly mean I cannot run on the training ground for 2 hours or be involved in a match for 90 minutes. I would find it very boring and demotivating if I was stuck eating rabbit food for the rest of my life. Pretty impressive that you can tell me I am thin and unhealthy, when you've never met me before in your life. A lot of other footballers go out on the piss up on the Sunday and fill their body's with all kinds of crap but that doesn't mean when they're in training the next day that they cannot run and that they're no longer athletes.
The point I am making, is that, these days people can't see past "overweight = unhealthy, normal weight = healthy", its not that straight forward.

Eat what you like, makes no odds to me, but the fact of the matter is, just because the outside seems in shape, the insides follow, because they don't

Being active doesn't give you the green light to eat shite.
#56 - JJ72
Quote from logitekg25 :they were known for good food, and cheap food, with good taste.

LOL I only consider it as last resort when there's absolutely nothing to eat.
So you're insisting that even if someone is active they can never treat themselves? Sorry Mum!

If you can run for 2 hours then surely it's safe to say your body is on the healthy side? I never said that because I am active I deem it safe to eat shit through Monday to Sunday. I just feel that we should treat ourselves now and then providing we do enough exercise. Everyone should be exercising and trying to remain active anyway, so everyone shouldn't feel guilty about having the occasional unhealthy meal! People should be feeling guilty about being lazy and not exercising though.

I agree completely that being a normal weight does not mean that the person is fit or healthy.
Quote from Gills4life :If you can run for 2 hours then surely it's safe to say your body is on the healthy side?

Err....no, no I don't agree with that, being able to run for 2 hours, means you can run for 2 hours, its got no relation on being healthy.
I am so hungry. No chance of food for couple of hours and this thread = win.
Quote from danowat :Err....no, no I don't agree with that, being able to run for 2 hours, means you can run for 2 hours, its got no relation on being healthy.

At least it's safe to say that you don't suffer excessive adiposity if you can run for 2 hours
Depends what you class as excessive (and again, we are focusing in weight....)

I can run for 3hrs, cycle hundreds of miles in a day, sure I am fit(ish), but i am not as healthy as I could be.
But then it's possible that no one is as healthy as they could be.

If you can run for 3 hours and cycle hundreds of miles in a single day, then I think it's a safe bet to say that you ARE a fit and healthy person. I never said you are as healthy as you could be. Going back to the topic, I don't see how spoiling yourself with a take-away once a week would prevent you from carrying on running 3 hours and cycling hundreds of miles, since you are remaining active and you are not making a habit of eating crap every single day.
Quote from Gills4life :Going back to the topic, I don't see how spoiling yourself with a take-away once a week would prevent you from carrying on running 3 hours and cycling hundreds of miles, since you are remaining active and you are not making a habit of eating crap every single day.

It wouldn't, but that wasn't the original point, the point is, that "appearing" to be healthy and fit doesn't mean you are.

I eat tons of things I shouldn't, but nothing anywhere near as bad as McD's or KFC, that stuff is really bad, there are things that McD put in their food that are properly poisoinous, not things that would make you obese, granted, but things that can, quite badly, affect kindey and liver function amongst other things.

I don't think things like that should be seen as a treat they are terrible.
I haven't actually mentioned McDonalds as I am half aware of their fo-... poison sorry.

The original point was you telling me that just because I am thin, it doesn't make me healthy, even if I am very active and fit enough to train 5 times a week playing football. That is despite the fact that I'm not even thin! I felt the need to argue against your point because having a take-away now and again doesn't suddenly mean your health condition reduces, unless what you're eating is pure poison and as you say does actual damage to your organs. Then again, that's like saying you should never drink alcohol because it can damage your liver, when really drinking in moderation can be good for you. It's the same deal with food.
Ahh Chris, but then there are thin people who are unhealthy as well, just as in some cases there are a few fat people who are actually very healthy.

On the subject, my flatbuddy and his girlfriend and I went shopping yesterday, got a whole bunch of food so hopefully we wont need to take out too often now.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Ahh Chris, but then there are thin people who are unhealthy as well, just as in some cases there are a few fat people who are actually very healthy.

What? I never said any different. I was making the point that if having an occasional take-out meal does not decrease how active a fit person is, then there isn't too much wrong with treating yourself now and then.
I'm pretty thin (around 58 kilos), 27 years old.. i'm almost constantly at a computer on my working days (i work night shift 2 days, then i'm two days free), so sitting at a computer from 19:00 to around 02:30, 03:00, drive home, sit some more, then go to bed at around 06:00 am.. try to sleep but often can't (bro snores in the same room) till about 07:00, sometimes 08:00am.. then sleep till 15:00, often snooze it too 16:00.. then a hour at computer, drive to work and then again the same routine..
When i'm not working it's also sleep till 15:00, 16:00, drop by at couple of friends, hang out. then on a computer from 23:00, 00:00 till 05:00, 06:00..
And lately i started breathing really heavily, like i can't sleep because i focuse too much on the hearbeats and breathing..
And because of that kind of routines i have really bad appetite..
I think it's safe to say i have to change something in my life..
Quote from Boris Lozac :And lately i started breathing really heavily, like i can't sleep because i focuse too much on the hearbeats and breathing..
And because of that kind of routines i have really bad appetite..
I think it's safe to say i have to change something in my life..

Panic attacks maybe?, could also be depression too........
Could be.. or just unfitness, i don't know what it is but it's not pleasant..
On this topic, I went to the hospital some time ago and they took my pulse. It was like under 50, and the doctor just says "oh, you must be an elite athlete or something". I'm like no and he's like .
I'm not anything near even an athlete, so yeah
Exercise will help, not only with your physical health, but it also has a very positive impact on your mind too.

As for RHR (resting HR), its true that atheletes can (and do) have low RHR's, its not the only way, some people have genetically low RHR's.

When I was obese, my RHR was 90, its now around 53bpm
Jamie (aka Jammy - aka Jammy Doughnut) listen my podgy friend.

Enjoy being fat. Women love it. I admit, I pull it off better than you but just tell them its "More cushion for the pushin' baby"

Seriously, I will be hitting up the gym after new year. This isn't a NY reselution that will go out the window. I used to go to the gym but stopped when I got into a relationship. My bulky frame is being wasted with the belly.
But you're a big bulky guy anyway Niall, half of your charm...

I've been trying to cut down on the takeouts...in the past 3 weeks only had 3 McDonalds and 1 KFC which is pretty good for me.

Feelin' more sexy already..
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Dammit. All this talk of Dutch food is making me want to go there again. 's-Hertogenbosch (Den-Bosch) was the City I would always visit. At least if I ever go to Holland again, I would have an excuse to see Erik.

Speaking of food: I'd rather eat kebab than a McDonald's or Burger King meal tbh. It's so much healthier
Quote from The General Lee :Jamie (aka Jammy - aka Jammy Doughnut) listen my podgy friend.

Enjoy being fat. Women love it.

When most women are paranoid about being fat themselves? lol
Women prefer skinnier guys if anything, before they get the 'i go to the gym and get overworked muscles' look. People like real people, plus if you are fat, it takes some length off in other areas if you know what I mean, and if you're both fat, well enjoy 2inches of the only joy you will ever get.

Damn cream cakes and McDonalds
(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG