The online racing simulator
Not possible in 3 weeks. I think there will be decent public testing period before real release.
Quote from Be2K :"we expected some good patches this year" =)

That was in 2009, he probably meant Z28 by that...

But he also said:
Quote from Scawen :I think there will be a decent period of public testing.

It will probably be tomorrow since its Friday.
Quote from Be2K :...remember your Words "we expected some good patches this year"

This quote from Scawen was referred to the year 2009 afaik

edit: Arghh, too late .-)
okay okay But i hope we'll see something would happen before this year ends :/
Quote from rceX :Not possible in 3 weeks. I think there will be decent public testing period before real release.

It doesn't matter, at least we get to play it
Did you know that you have athletes foot?

I hope you wont share your pedal.
As much as I would like to see something released I can't see it happening. I just get the feeling there is nothing in the pipeline.
It's time for the patch on my birthday :drink:
No? :weeping: Okay, I'll go to bed...
Quote from RasmusL :It's time for the patch on my birthday :drink:
No? :weeping: Okay, I'll go to bed...

G'night
I want to beleive patch will be out christmas. but that will never happen
Quote from xtraction :i want to beleive patch will be out christmas. but that will never happen

+1
I don't understand why people fall into the trap of thinking / hoping / wishing the patch will come out on a day, especially because it's a Friday, or the night before Christmas, etc.

It's simply a bit of false hope isn't it, and surely it will get to people sooner rather than later ?

I'm just going with what lot we've got, because that's all I can - I can't run leagues without knowing when the stuff is coming out, so until it's out, I have no choice but to work with what we have. It's gotten a bit tiring yes, but there's still decent crowds in NDR's events, so there's enough in the racing there to make it worthwhile to me.

I'll be glad when the new stuff finally comes, but until then, I will, out of necessity, make do with what I have to do with, and wait, like I've done for the last two years (It's been that long ? News to me.)

When it comes out, the new stuff will be welcome, and surely will affect how I run NDR's leagues in some yet to be seen way.
No patches today
nor today. omg!
Neither tomorow, or the day after tomorow, or any day till next year, i will bet my demo account on this ) !
its going to be well after christmas because well.. S needs time to sit down and realease then fix, edit bitchy posts, more fixing then hopefully a release...

all at the same time trying to live his life.

Games design on a small basis must be a c*** on your family life what with the lack of time n such to keep it going ( though i know theirs other guys + mods + solo efforts from members here making small bits and peices )

gt5 should keep us busy for a while anyhow.
hi im back after months, have I missed anything exciting? all the posts look the same 2 years ago :o
Quote from brataccas :hi im back after months, have I missed anything exciting? all the posts look the same 2 years ago :o

i dont understand why there are bunch of people posting and making threads like "i havent been here for a thousand years, is there something new?"
all answers are on the forum and lfs homepage
Quote from majod :i dont understand why there are bunch of people posting and making threads like "i havent been here for a thousand years, is there something new?"
all answers are on the forum and lfs homepage

posting threads saying what I said would only clutter the forum more and I was kinda being half sarcastic
after all the requests and hopes of the comunity he could have implemented the car and use standard lfs physics without the complex scirocco ones until he would have fixed everything..
Hey I've loved LFS for 9 years soon!
Scawen can you please cure me, because i can't really help it with trying any other sims.

Simply the best LiveForSpeed!
Quote from dekojester :.............
When it comes out, the new stuff will be welcome, and surely will affect how I run NDR's leagues in some yet to be seen way.

Aye then everyone will be scrambling to adjust to new physics etc / I find this period of stability (regarding LFS updates) most rewarding, Ive learnt to master XRT finally, which had its own slight CoG changes a while back (during balancing of TBO for those who dont remember)

People forget that until this time there was constant Changes to the model of physics used in LFS and somthing always felt different. I say to those who have moaned is "you dont know what you got, till you lose it"

@ dennis, Doctor Al says "your condition is incurable and will only get worse when the update comes"

Regards
One can only wonder if that were true if most people had raced iRacing & nkp before LFS..
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :
@ dennis, Doctor Al says "your condition is incurable and will only get worse when the update comes"

Regards

Yes i know... And i kindof hating the Scavier team for it, it's ruining my social life!
Quote from NotAnIllusion :One can only wonder if that were true if most people had raced iRacing & nkp before LFS..

I think if LFS showed up now, with everything as it is, it would still become popular for the same reasons it became popular back at the end of 2002 and continued to become popular. No way would it be quite so successful though, there was nothing like it back then.

It has an ease of use and simplicity that appeals to me. The menus are vast but simple because everything is easy to change at any time, and online works so well- even a total pc novice would find it easy to get in to a server and join a race. Combine this with a relatively cheap price and physics which, even their current state are a joy (despite apparently in need of huge time consuming fixes), and it's a product I would happily buy and use.

I'm envious of people just discovering it, really. I remember when it all felt so fresh and new
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG