The online racing simulator
Starcraft 2
(38 posts, started )
Starcraft 2
Hey,

Anyone else play Starcraft 2? Its pretty much the biggest game on earth, so I'd be suprised if no one else here plays it.

Its Dreamhack at the moment, myself and a couple of my mates managed to be the first players cast on the livestream, even though we're not there. We were on 3 times with live viewing figures averaging about 2200!

I'm only bronze by the way, new player - my mates are mostly Plat/Diamond, so they're teaching me quite well! Except I can't get out of this Bronze league because of the cheese strats that people run.
Quote from mcintyrej :Hey,

Anyone else play Starcraft 2? Its pretty much the biggest game on earth, so I'd be suprised if no one else here plays it.

Its Dreamhack at the moment, myself and a couple of my mates managed to be the first players cast on the livestream, even though we're not there. We were on 3 times with live viewing figures averaging about 2200!

I'm only bronze by the way, new player - my mates are mostly Plat/Diamond, so they're teaching me quite well! Except I can't get out of this Bronze league because of the cheese strats that people run.

Pretty cool game, but in the end big waste of time just like League of Legends.
Quote from EliteAti :Pretty cool game, but in the end big waste of time just like League of Legends.

LoL is a big waste of time from the start, HON is much better.
Quote from mcintyrej :LoL is a big waste of time from the start, HON is much better.

Thats what an idiot thinks, but lets not forget the facts.

LoL has way bigger playerbase and is way more popular + competitive.
LoL has won some awards and has been in much bigger tournaments than HON will ever be.

The interface is much easier and clearer, and the game is much more user-friendly.

But ofcourse if you want to go for worse, then its alright.

What im trying to say, that even though LoL is far superior to HoN, both are wasting your time racking up wins/losses 1 by 1.
Quote from EliteAti :Thats what an idiot thinks, but lets not forget the facts.

LoL has way bigger playerbase and is way more popular + competitive.
LoL has won some awards and has been in much bigger tournaments than HON will ever be.

The interface is much easier and clearer, and the game is much more user-friendly.

But ofcourse if you want to go for worse, then its alright.

What im trying to say, that even though LoL is far superior to HoN, both are wasting your time racking up wins/losses 1 by 1.

Bigger playerbase than HoN? There's like 40k online constantly for Hon, and I swear LoL is free..

It just seems like a noob friendly, free HoN to me.
Quote from mcintyrej :Bigger playerbase than HoN? There's like 40k online constantly for Hon, and I swear LoL is free..

It just seems like a noob friendly, free HoN to me.

LoL has ~3 million players, of which about 2/2.5 are active everyday.

HoN is an updated port of DoTa (Defence of the Ancients if anybody doesnt know)

while LoL brings up something fresh to the table with its unique playstyle and importance of teamplay, you cant win 4v5 in this, unless you outplay opponents easily.

Everyone claims that LoL is free, well it is, but the developers use hideous strategy to make consumers pay for content. Too bad i spent alot of money to that game before realizing what the hell i was doing.

E: Post 2000 damnit.
Oooh, shot for shot, nice battle here. Keep going

grabs some :001_007: and a :cake:
Quote from EliteAti :LoL has ~3 million players, of which about 2/2.5 are active everyday.

HoN is an updated port of DoTa (Defence of the Ancients if anybody doesnt know)

while LoL brings up something fresh to the table with its unique playstyle and importance of teamplay, you cant win 4v5 in this, unless you outplay opponents easily.

Everyone claims that LoL is free, well it is, but the developers use hideous strategy to make consumers pay for content. Too bad i spent alot of money to that game before realizing what the hell i was doing.

E: Post 2000 damnit.

I guess its kind of a PS3 vs Xbox thing - each have their advantages and this argument could go on forever. Its probably best that we both just stick to our games before this ruins my SC2 thread!
Pretty cool! Was watching TotalBiscuit's stream earlier on, but it seems missed your game.

On SC2, yeah I play it. Well, not at the moment though. Hehe. Might have to pick it up again though when got some spare time.
Quote from mcintyrej :I guess its kind of a PS3 vs Xbox thing - each have their advantages and this argument could go on forever. Its probably best that we both just stick to our games before this ruins my SC2 thread!

No my friend, the thing is that League of Legends absolutely destroys Heroes of Newerth in the end.

Some reasons to fire that up.

HoN - The worst, and i mean THE worst community you can get, almost each and every one of them is a raging nerd, if you dont believe me - check out their forums. Game is declining soon because DoTa2 will be released by Valve in upcoming months. Only good thing HoN has is Leaver protection, man its something very nice.

Small playerbase and almost each and every one of them is a "tryhard" i.e using cheesy game strategies to win.

LoL had the potential to become something huge, however;

Alot of 12 year old pre-teens (true story) have found out the game, they cuss, disrupt gameplay and leave games if losing even by the smallest of margin. Leaver protection would of been nice, but no..

Tier Lists from US community, determining which champ is most viable, this has led one thread being read over 3 million times when all the sheeps follow one guys order. This was a fun game about half months ago when there was healthy athmosphere and stuff, but nobody plays their favorite character anymore. Everybody wants to win, too bad its easily achievable with a very cheesy gameplan. There are still some people ( i was one ) who were using their favourite characters and could still outplay those sheeps. But its not so fun.

They both are bad and got same kind of problems, but LoL still destroys HoN almost-everything-wise. Youre comparing PS3/XBOX360 to a Virtua boy or smth..

SC2 on the other hand is quite nice, some of my schoolmates play it and i myself liked the feeling of the game. I wont be playing it though because those kind of games can suck you in so easily.
Must....... Not........ ARGUE
I play it. I hate somebody when they play it, but outside of it they're pretty awesome

If you want to add me just say
i got it but i darent venture online yet since my mechanics still suck
thanks to day-j though i now at least know what im doing wrong
Quote from Shotglass :i got it but i darent venture online yet since my mechanics still suck
thanks to day-j though i now at least know what im doing wrong

Add me on battle.net, we can train up together!

[email protected]
avid fan, havent bought it yet knowing what a timesink it would be, can't afford to waste that much time/money though :P

constantly watching day9's netcasts&dailies, keeping myself up to date with ze news on teamliquid.net, and whenever i have the chance, i say 6pool or 5rax reaper.

and dont forgot to construct additional pylons. you dont want to be supplyblocked :P

Quote from mcintyrej :I'm only bronze by the way, new player - my mates are mostly Plat/Diamond, so they're teaching me quite well! Except I can't get out of this Bronze league because of the cheese strats that people run.

Get yourself acquainted to cheese counters & you'll be climbing the ladders in no time. most of these lower tier players know how to cheese, but they are nearly always going all-in and hardly ever have a follow-up. Scout as early as possible and always expect cheese.
head over to liquipedia to read about strategies, most cheese's are described there, as well as counterstrategies - http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Main_Page
Quote from Fuse5 :avid fan, havent bought it yet knowing what a timesink it would be, can't afford to waste that much time/money though :P

constantly watching day9's netcasts&dailies, keeping myself up to date with ze news on teamliquid.net, and whenever i have the chance, i say 6pool or 5rax reaper.

and dont forgot to construct additional pylons. you dont want to be supplyblocked :P

Get yourself acquainted to cheese counters & you'll be climbing the ladders in no time. most of these lower tier players know how to cheese, but they are nearly always going all-in and hardly ever have a follow-up. Scout as early as possible and always expect cheese.
head over to liquipedia to read about strategies, most cheese's are described there, as well as counterstrategies - http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Main_Page

I've pretty much just perfected my anti-6 pool, I did it by practicing 6 pools and seeing what makes it harder to run, I can beat them 100% of the time now, its amazing how many people GG and leave after their 6 lings don't even make it into my base.

Day9 is amazing! Above anything, he's just hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utaWZT5N-tQ
Quote from mcintyrej :I've pretty much just perfected my anti-6 pool, I did it by practicing 6 pools and seeing what makes it harder to run, I can beat them 100% of the time now, its amazing how many people GG and leave after their 6 lings don't even make it into my base.

Day9 is amazing! Above anything, he's just hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utaWZT5N-tQ

ahahahahahahaha that is ****ing hilarious
day9 is gonna be back from dreamhack soon which can only mean one thing..... FUNDAY MONDAY! \o/
sorry for being off topic but i saw talk of LoL in here and would like to know if anyone could help me with my error
Attached files
2010-11-29_18-10-04_r3dlog.txt - 1.7 KB - 140 views
time to revive this thread!

the SC2 pro scene has really blown up recently
To an extent that last weekend the IGN ProLeague 3 took place at Atlantic City, NJ, with a prizepool of $100,000
This weekend (concluded mere hours ago), we had both Intel Extreme Masters Season VI : New York ($21,000prizepool) and Major League Gaming Orlando ($14,000prizepool) taking place at the same time.

With so much live streams, competitions and all kinds of media going on around, I find it hard to believe that there's no talk about SC on a forum filled with ... gamers :F

Will post moar later. Until then, show of hands!

also, add me on EU, nick&code in le sig

add your usernaems as well >_>
Yep. eSports scene is growing very rapidly.

So happy HuK won MLG Orlando this weekend. Finally, a non Korean player taking the top spot. With Protoss of all races as well. Idra v Boxer was also really entertaining.

Only saw a couple of selected games though as I was watching IEM-NY League of Legends instead. Game for third place was simply mad.
Example given? Or are you just quoting some random guy from a blog that you googled?
he's just ignorantly thinking that starcraft I & BW = starcraft II

never mind him
:F

and yeah
Huk's run at orlando was really impressive O__O
same with Idra tbh
and 3 EG in top 7, not bad
Quote from DevilDare :Example given? Or are you just quoting some random guy from a blog that you googled?

did you even read it? there's 40 reasons right there... most of which i can agree with. except for the one about AI movement paths, TA sucks in that regard too.

Quote :never mind him

Starcraft 2
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG