The online racing simulator
Quote from Foilpact :Ah well thats the end credits rolling... Idk if its when u hit 1m credits or what as ive only done about 1/2 the events, Recieved a Veyron too...

Think its about time t buy ma 4th car at last...

I give the game 8/10 so far but could be 10/10 once they patch the Alpha test feel out...

End credits roll at the end of the championship in professional (the one you just won to get the Veyron), however, its not the "true" end credits
Yea its the same as on the PSP GT. I just wish it was a little quicker to level up, Been at lvl 17 for about the last 8 expert races.. Want to get to the big races to get some real money built up...
anyone experienced this? "entry was refused due to network incompatibility with the room host. [742]"

Quote from Foilpact :Yea its the same as on the PSP GT. I just wish it was a little quicker to level up, Been at lvl 17 for about the last 8 expert races.. Want to get to the big races to get some real money built up...

you level up really fast with the special events, I am at level 20 and barely touched any A-spec races.
I`be read the tristanclife review and others too

Still i`m in doubt about the final quality of GT5, I`be read the GT5 forum too in the rewiew section and almost the 19 pages talk like GT5 is a masterpiece of all (Graphics/physics/Sound/Cars) times...

I keep my eye here insted of GT planet. some reviews here come from the bottom of the heart ( A sincerely review )

I whould like if someon can do some "Especific" screenshots

(Showing the car of course)

Smoke in a normal track
Smoke in a night track
Splashing water in a rainy track
Dust in the air in a rally track

Shadows in long distance camera
Shadows projected by you to other cars in a night track

I want to see some stuff, if someon can do it for me (Seense i dont have a ps3 nor gt5 ) whould be cool

BTW , who is "sinbad" in Gt planet forum? found a review exactly like from here...
Quote from Franky.S :You can only change rims on premium cars. Also im Aspec Lvl 22 and extreme race series is easy. Theres no challenge.

That's what I thought, but then, all the kind of cars you want to give racing mods and sweet bbs split rims to you can't cos am I right in saying ALL of the used cars are not premium models?
Quote from JJ72 :
you level up really fast with the special events, I am at level 20 and barely touched any A-spec races.

You also shit money and rainbows. It's awesome.

Level 19 bitches.
Quote from brandons48 :You lot are one hell of a miserable bunch...

+1. GT5 is one of the best racing games I've ever played. I'd say even better than LFS, but that's just my opinion and idc about what anyone has to say about that.
Yes, GT5 is probably one of the best racing games I've played - it's certainly better than GT4 or most of the NFS series. But it ain't a sim, and it hasn't lived up to the hype.
just got my first stealth car code from amazon. Mclaren coming soon. Tristan check your email.
I just noticed that you actually need the aero parts now. My MX5 Eunos roadster became undrivable once I fully upgraded it. Now with a front and rear spoiler, it looks stupid but drives better.
Attached images
Grand Valley East.jpg
Grand Valley East_1.jpg
Red Bull Hangar-7.jpg
Nürburgring Nordschleife_1.jpg
Alas, the Anti-Rice. Spoilers for performance, not looks!
It's like I've always said you will not get a racing simulator crammed into a weedy console.
Thank God I haven't bought this, looks like my PlayStation 3 is still just a DVD player. lol
I got my redeem codes for the Mazda 787B and McLaren Stealth editions the day after the game arrived, 2 days ago.
Quote from Luke.S :just got my first stealth car code from amazon. Mclaren coming soon. Tristan check your email.

Email checked. Facebook messages checked. PMs checked. None from you!!! Although I do have two old PMs I should have replied to ages ago, so it was worth checking them
Quote from speedykev :It's like I've always said you will not get a racing simulator crammed into a weedy console.
Thank God I haven't bought this, looks like my PlayStation 3 is still just a DVD player. lol

You're definitely missing out on a good game then.
If you've got a PS3, or were going to get one anyway, then I agree - you're missing out by not buying it. It's fun to play!!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :You're definitely missing out on a good game then.

Don't think so. Every review I've read so far does not point to a good game its just average.
If I see it on a car boot sale for a couple of quid then I'll buy it. Wouldn't mind having a blast round
the top gear track though.
It's also released at the normal 59.99 price point, rather than recent games like CoD and anything from EA, released at the 69.99 price.. so it's not overpriced either.

EDIT: Your loss then. It's definitely not average. It is a racing game as well, what do people expect? Some kind of career where you drive from karts to F1, with all the stops in the middle.. and once you're a fading F1 driver.. you drive DTM?

It has physics that are good enough to be enjoyable, graphics that are great, and with a wheel it feels great.
Quote from tristancliffe :Email checked. Facebook messages checked. PMs checked. None from you!!! Although I do have two old PMs I should have replied to ages ago, so it was worth checking them

I was on about the code you fool!!!!!!!!1111111111111111

check for an email from amazon.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's also released at the normal 59.99 price point, rather than recent games like CoD and anything from EA, released at the 69.99 price.. so it's not overpriced either.

EDIT: Your loss then. It's definitely not average. It is a racing game as well, what do people expect? Some kind of career where you drive from karts to F1, with all the stops in the middle.. and once you're a fading F1 driver.. you drive DTM?

It has physics that are good enough to be enjoyable, graphics that are great, and with a wheel it feels great.

Okay you talked me into it, I've got some holidays from work in two weeks time I'll order it for then
so I have some time to play on it.
If anyone sees a 1997 mr2, can u buy it for me and send it to me plz? its one of my favorite cars i've always had in gran turismo. Turbo or NA. I havent seen it in the used dealership yet
Quote from Gabkicks :If anyone sees a 1997 mr2, can u buy it for me and send it to me plz? its one of my favorite cars i've always had in gran turismo. Turbo or NA. I havent seen it in the used dealership yet

If i see one i'll do that, what's your psn?
Gabkicks

I am gonna try to keep a mil on me at least to snag used cars. right now i only have about 11k cus i bought a bunch of used cars and overhauled the engines and chasis.
Here's my little review after playing it yesterday.

In terms of gameplay it's good enough, no real complaints about physics.

most annoyances come from the menu systems though.

I mean, you win a car and instead of just appearing in your garage with a popup saying "You've won such and such car", it takes 2 minutes to go through a stupid 'ceremony' where the car drives 10ft towards you. I mean what????

And until you do this you can't use the car you've just won.

Apart from that, it's a shame many cars don't have interior views but hey. For £32.99 which is what I paid from Blockbuster I can't complain, well worth a purchase.
Licenses are fun, find myself managing to get 75% silver and about 25% gold which considering it's the first time I've played this in months (played GT5P) it's pretty neat
As for online, no experience so no comment.

*Currently has the silly Black Galanza turbo thing and about 90k in credits. WOOT*. /me knows it's not much.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG