The online racing simulator
I need to be sure about this
(8 posts, started )
I really don't know what you can't change and what you can change on LFS cars, like interiors, wheels, rims, tyre walls and such...I've heard that some interiors can't be changed from the original.

I've already got some custom side walls and wheel, but I'd like to change the rims if possible?

And if someone could, sort of, rule out what you can't change and what you can change :S would really help.
rename your dds folder and restart the game, then you'll see what is changed by just changing dds files.
Quote from boothy :rename your dds folder and restart the game, then you'll see what is changed by just changing dds files.

I'll try it later :-)
3D model alterations are not allowed, physics changes are not allowed (LFSTweak has been granted permission, though, with certain restrictions IIRC). You can modify any textures you want.
Quote from MAGGOT :3D model alterations are not allowed, physics changes are not allowed (LFSTweak has been granted permission, though, with certain restrictions IIRC). You can modify any textures you want.

and with textures, you mean like steering wheels, sidewalls, skins and so on? right? I'm currently only using custom sidewalls and steering wheel textures :P
The only rules that are actually written in black and white are :

4) Any "mods" - modifications to the Live for Speed exe, must be discussed with a moderator before being released on the forum. If a mod is approved by a moderator, it may then be released in the appropriate section of the forum. Please do not contact a developer as we do not support mods and do not have the time to deal with them. Any mods which change the shape of a car model, or which allow online cheating or circumvent HLVC, will be rejected.

From here : http://www.lfsforum.net/privacy.htm

as the others have posted, editing textures, pictures (start menu, pit selection screens, trackside adverts etc) and also any of the sound files (engine, tyre and impact noise etc) are all allowed to be "legally" edited.

Edit: to answer your question, tyre side walls, skins, steering wheels are all fine to edit. Basically if you can find the mod in a supported section on this forum then its allowed
Quote from NewAssault :and with textures, you mean like steering wheels, sidewalls, skins and so on? right? I'm currently only using custom sidewalls and steering wheel textures :P

Yep, ALL textures can be freely edited as they, in no way, affect the way the car handles/how it interacts with anything. Plus, all texture changes will only be reflected on your system, not on others' while you are online. (With the exception of custom car skins, if you've uploaded it to LFSW)
Quote from MAGGOT :Yep, ALL textures can be freely edited as they, in no way, affect the way the car handles/how it interacts with anything. Plus, all texture changes will only be reflected on your system, not on others' while you are online. (With the exception of custom car skins, if you've uploaded it to LFSW)

ahaa :-D thank you for clearifying that for me :-)

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG