The online racing simulator
New 300meg patch just went online - apparently lots of new stuff added, plus online is running

Quote from CoolColJ :New 300meg patch just went online - apparently lots of new stuff added, plus online is running

300mb?, thought it was 133mb
Except he says "you don't need to reach level 40 to unlock damage, you just need a lot of patience and a destructive streak"

Which would point to the fact that damage is there from the get go, but you just need to batter the crap out of the car for an hour to get it to show

212mph Nissan 300ZX
r.e. mechanical damage.....

Kaz has just tweeted that it will "Come later", as to what this means, i.e. it is unlocked through level progression, or it will be patched in the future, is anyones guess.

Quite why there is so much confusion over such a fundimental feature is beyond me.
Quote from danowat :r.e. mechanical damage.....

Kaz has just tweeted that it will "Come later", as to what this means, i.e. it is unlocked through level progression, or it will be patched in the future, is anyones guess.

Quite why there is so much confusion over such a fundimental feature is beyond me.

I think it's pretty clear that if the damage systems were actually any good, there would be no confusion at all.
Just got my copy from a game shop here in luton called 101 games :P

Good thing they don't mind selling games early
My copy will probably arrive in 3-6 days time

anyway Fanatec users rejoice

Quote :
For all fanatec users:
Wheels work
Clutch doesn´t need to be enabled, works from start up!

And it´s sooooo goood

Reports trickling in that the update server is being hammered / down, which is causing the game to hang.

Currently people are saying just wait at the hung screen and it will eventually start, or disco the ps3 from the net
My amazon gt5 preorder is at "shipping soon" status now
Mine didn't arrive today, and tomorrow I have an doctors appointment two hours after the mail usually comes, so that leaves me with only 1 hour of playtime after the infinitely long install and patching. :banghead:
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Just got word that GT5 is sitting at home ready to play

PSN : Danowat32
Quote from danowat :Reports trickling in that the update server is being hammered / down, which is causing the game to hang.

Currently people are saying just wait at the hung screen and it will eventually start, or disco the ps3 from the net

Yep had that, pulled out network cable and all was good!

So far I'm not sure what to make of it, only done a few licenses so far before stopping for food - going back on now, I'm sure once I start racing it'll be much better!

PSN: thechrisenglish (i think)
Amazon has dispatched mine, so should get to play tomorrow. Glad in a way, as I don't have time to play it tonight

PSN: tristancliffe
PS3 experts.....

Can you add friends to your PSN on your PC? (like you can with XBL?)
i had the same question yesterday in another forum, and i was unable to find an answer myself other than "no"

I'm gabkicks on PSN
Ok, I'll have to do it "on console", although I am going to disco from PSN while playing GT5 till tomorrow as it appears to cause a fair few issues ATM (servers undergoing maintainance etc)
I was hoping that atleast Online there will be option like Mechanical Damage: On/off/realistic, whatever.. but there's just "penalty", whatever that is. Let's see what Kazunori san meant by that..
Still nothing confirmed about the damage......
Mine shipped 2 days ago from zavvi. Expected to be here sometime from Friday to Monday...
Picked my copy up today. Done installing, starting play now.
Kunos talks about Force Feedback.. exactly what i was speaking, no mention of any ISI game in that sentence..

Quote :"I think there is a fundamental difference in how FF is calculated in the group netKar PRO, iRacing, Live For Speed, VirtualGP3, even Gran Turismo Academy felt "netKar-ish" to me."

Whole interview.. http://www.radicalsonline.com/ ... -simracing-and-netKar-PRO
Dispatched status from Amazon for me as well. Tristan did it for shipping did it only give you the first class option? (It was free anyway)
Tesco doing 320gb ps3 + gt5 for 269 - will pick up at midnight tonight on way home from folks. Shame i won't get to play til tomorrow after work

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG