The online racing simulator
Shops suck! (Or is it me?)
(34 posts, started )
Quote from danthebangerboy :But then you will get the unexpected item in bagging area error, as these self service checkout things know how much stuff weighs.

That's why you tell the till it's onions. You then weigh your 'onions', it charges you appropriately and place your ill-gotten gains in the bag and the sensor is happy because it's got exactly the weight it was expecting.
You do realise that it's far easier to scam the main checkouts? Nobody expects it, just leave a few small/expensive things in the bottom as you walk through - maybe engage them in conversation as you push through so that they're looking at you. Easy, and no computer to foil - just good old fallable school kids with no prospects
I totally agree with you thread starter.. or well I might not say they suck, but still there are some questionable stuff going on.

Banks close before I am done at work - I have to take some hours off the work to just visit the bank. What the hell? They take much of my money just so I can use them, and I am not a hhappy custommer. Then when I do really need their help I canot get it unless my work boss desides to be a nice lad and let me go early from work. Banks - screw you all.

Tax offices, or the place you go to register your new home adress, get the tax card and such. This place close even before the bank, usually it just is open 6 hours each day and closed in the weekends. How the hell I am going to make that!? It closes 3 hours before I end at work, it's totally pointless and I hate it.

Stores, big shops that closes when I leave work etc - oh come on. At least keep it running to 18:00-19:00 so I can manage to get what I need before the weekend. Is it really that few custommers in that periode of time, that they canot affor to keep the shop open?
That's exactly what I don't understand, surely shops will get more customers in the evening instead of during the day, as there's not really many people around to shop on a weekday.
Biggest shops here are open till 8-9, foodchains till 10 (some are until 11 on summertime), so i won't complain much .
Quote from danthebangerboy :But then you will get the unexpected item in bagging area error, as these self service checkout things know how much stuff weighs.

I have tried it on more than one occasion, and even an extra bag of unscanned crisps set it off, it doesnt work, the only way it could be possible is if you choose the 'i am using my own bag' option when you get the error (as it takes extra weight into consideration then) but those eagle eyed staff may well see that you arent using your own bag at all!

You can do it on the ones in my local asda, just gotta get your timing right :P the majority of the time the attendant is away helping an old biddy anyway so you can get away with it :P. Maybe im just skilled!
#32 - 5haz
Quote from TehPaws3D :"Please remove the item from bag" ... "Please remove the item from bag"

"Do you have a EBT card?"

"Please wait for assistance"

"Do you have any coupons?"

Who was the slackjawed cowtipping ***hole that put a weight scale on the self checkout line? It's so ****ing annoying, I'm already dealing with computers ( I hate them with the utmost passion ) Now I have to weigh my food? Bs.

Thats one thing I don't get about self checkouts, they're supposed to be automated, but half the time you end up needing assistance from staff anyway, so much for 'self checkout'.
Quote from TiJay :
Availability problems: I want a Playseat/Visionracer kind of accessory for my PS3 but all the retail stores sell is fold-up crap for £80+ (if Argos had Playseats on sale for their RRP, I'd happily buy one...),

honelsty i had a playseat classic. gt it for christmas 2 years ago. the padding is pathetic. my lower back is full of swelling and bruising i wouldnt bother. and my local pc shop has a vision racer on display and that doesnt feel any better
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by bunder9999 : no wait i have the evo
#34 - Osco
Self checkouts suck. Takes away all the fun of shopping. No more waiting in the longest queu for the hottest cashier. What has it come to?

Shops suck! (Or is it me?)
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG