The online racing simulator
Quote from Dygear :False alarm, I got hold of the system today and I was switching out the PSU and was doing a general clean and run down of the system. It has a PCIe 16x port on it. I'm pretty happy with this now, going to get a SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5670 512MB 128-bit DDR5. Making my total upgrade price around ~$160 to make this system game ready at a very decent level for some light gaming. I'll report do the benchmarks on this when I get some termal paste on the CPU as I took all of that off and cleaned the whole system with a can of compressed air.

if you're going to get a pci-e card, go for something higher than 128bit. my old XF5200 nvidia was 128bit.
Quote from dadge :if you're going to get a pci-e card, go for something higher than 128bit. my old XF5200 nvidia was 128bit.

Anything above 128 starts at above 100 USD. That and the card I did pick should be able to crush my old card ... a nVidia GeForce 6800 GT 256 MB.
Wow dude how do you confuse a PCIe x16 slot with an AGP slot? LOL
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Wow dude how do you confuse a PCIe x16 slot with an AGP slot? LOL

Quote from Dygear :I got hold of the system today and I was switching out the PSU and was doing a general clean and run down of the system. It has a PCIe 16x port on it.

When I was cleaning it out, I looked at the motherboard and noticed that it had a 1x PCIe slot ... I then looked up a little and noticed that it was not an AGP port at all, but a PCIe 16x slot. This computer was newer then I was expecting for sure, so I'm pretty happy that my sister decided to let it go. I thought that this computer was 6 years old, apparently it's more in the range of 2 years old.
But it has a Pentium 4 CPU?
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :But it has a Pentium 4 CPU?

if it also has PCI-E, it's probably a socket 775 pentium D... before the "core" series came out, a lot of D's were mislabelled as being pentium 4's.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :But it has a Pentium 4 CPU?

And a Prescott at that, that's like ... 6 years old. But it's paired with a Foxconn mother board that has a 16x PCIe connector.
It's probably PCIe 1.0 too, so any recent video card won't be able to run at its full potential.
Quote from bunder9999 :if it also has PCI-E, it's probably a socket 775 pentium D... before the "core" series came out, a lot of D's were mislabelled as being pentium 4's.

My source is CPUID & the top of the chip, CPUID reports "Intel Pentium 4 524", the top of the chip just's reports that it's an Intel Pentium 4. So, they both agree, and yes it's a "Socket 775 LGA (0x4)."

Quote from shiny_red_cobra :It's probably PCIe 1.0 too, so any recent video card won't be able to run at its full potential.

Apparently PCI Express has just gone 3.0. As pretty much everything about this computer is behind the times, I really can't say that I'm to bothered about having a PCIe 2.0 card in a PCIe 1.0 board. When I build my next computer, I'll use the card as a stop gap upgrade before I get the full on burn your face off graphic card.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG