The online racing simulator
Head movement
(9 posts, started )
Head movement
Is there any way to stop the head movement, vibration, when running over the rumble strips? I find it really annoying. Thanks in advance.
Yes. Go into view options, there are several head movement sliders you can adjust.
Thanks....I guess you can't change it. Weird.
You should be able to change it - isn't there a vertical head movement slider?

I don't currently have LFS installed to check, sorry.
No I've been looking for the past hour...lol. I can't find anything that seems like it would do that. I don't think I can drive like that. I've been avoiding the rumble strips because the simulated head vibration gives me a headache.
Its in there as mentioned above; look in Options>View>Accerleration shifts viewpoint.

Quote :The 'Acceleration shifts viewpoint' options:
These options define how much the standard view and the custom view is shifted and tilted with the G forces. With all of these options set to 0, the camera remains statically at its position. As a human head and body moves along with G forces applied to it, the head and thus view moves along as well. For a realistic setting, set these options between 0 and 50% of their maximum value.

http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Options#View

Have a look at the whole LFS Wiki, you'll learn a lot of useful/interesting stuff about LFS
Lots of options where Kev (thisnameistaken) told you to look.

I turn off all head movement in sims, because it's wrong foremost, and it gives me a headache. In a real car your view doesn't move around, even when your head moves, because your brain cancels out the movement from the view. If driving an F1 car in real life was anything like the normal view people use in sims then nobody would be able to do it, and their eyeballs would explode.

I suppose it does artificially increase the sense of speed for people that think going fast looks fast (it doesn't by the way - the faster you go the slower everything goes by, as it's usually further away and you're looking further up the road anyway).
Quote from tristancliffe :Lots of options where Kev (thisnameistaken) told you to look.

I turn off all head movement in sims, because it's wrong foremost, and it gives me a headache. In a real car your view doesn't move around, even when your head moves, because your brain cancels out the movement from the view. If driving an F1 car in real life was anything like the normal view people use in sims then nobody would be able to do it, and their eyeballs would explode.

I suppose it does artificially increase the sense of speed for people that think going fast looks fast (it doesn't by the way - the faster you go the slower everything goes by, as it's usually further away and you're looking further up the road anyway).

Thanks for that very interesting post Tristan. I think tons of modders and even some developers should take note as sometimes it's just plain annoying to drive with these effects.

As for the kerbs tough, I would love to hear some sounds while driving on them
My motorsport 'career' has only been on UK circuits, and I would say that around 85-95% of kerbs do not make a noise. Even the very serrated kerbs are 'quiet' (apart from the noise of your fillings falling out). The noisiest kerbs are the ones that are very very slightly castellated that you hit at speed.

Again, sims that make all kerbs noisy at speeds below about 80mph are just wrong.

Head movement
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG