The online racing simulator
Building a PC for the first time!
(37 posts, started )
I would wait for the AMD 6900 series, if the 6900 cards are too expensive, then they will atleast drop the prices of other graphics cards.
And rc10racer, that CPU cooler wont go on the AM3.
It will, there is no difference in the mounting hole from AM2/AM2+/AM3
I only see 1156/1366 written there.
Hmm i quite like the coolmaster one, i'd just have to fill the top mesh with drives or plates

The whole AMD intel thing confuses me, i've only really heard about intel and i'd prefer the i5 tbh. Or which would give me the best performance?
If that coolermaster case uses similar mesh drive bay covers as my case then there is a gap between the mesh and the surround. All I have done is unclip the mesh, cut some cardboard to size, colour it black and put it in place and put the mesh back - Job done. I don't know whether the mesh is the same though on the 690 as the HAF.

Google should be able to provide you with more than enough arguments on which is better between Intel and AMD. Generally it falls that Intel are better performace but higher priced than AMD. Whether you are willing to pay for the performance is your choice. This does depend on specific chips though so comparisons are your friend.

Whether you got the 1055 listed above or the i5 they will both run things easily, but for gaming personally I would say, if your budget can fit an i5 in stick with it as gaming will be better for it.
Agreed, I also have the hdd as for data storage and its fine. Can't compare it though as don't have a second 7200rpm hdd.

How is looking with the rest of the parts?
I have the case, power supply and the HD failed to be delivered and is being redelivered on saturday, just waiting to get all the bits together. Bought a TV this month so progress will be a little slow until next month.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG