The online racing simulator
Aston Shadow
(6 posts, started )
Aston Shadow
Under the 1st bridge on Aston National/Historic/GP, the shadow on the car is to tiny and dont' cover all extension on the bridge.
In Aston Cadet is ok
Attached images
lfs_s2u.jpg
Another one related to the first bridge at Aston.
It might have been discussed before but I wasn't able to find anything more related to shadows and aston as this thread.

The Bug has probably to do with the bug mentioned first, the bridge not giving enough shadow to the environment. When having a look from the top view position, you can see the cars shadows through the bridge. I have had a look at other bridges and didn't see anything like this.

Greetings.
Attached images
shadows.jpg
I experienced this bug too.

Actually I think LFS is painting the shadow on the bridge!. Try this:

Park the car under the bridge and go into Shift+U mode. sert the camera as low as possible and move the camera back and forth so that it is out of the bridge's shadow and in. You'll see that when the camera enters the shadow it automatically jumps to the bridge's level. I think LFS is confusing the track surface and the bridge surface.

if you select any view outside the car you'll that the car appears very bright as if there was no shadow over it.
Not sure if it's my old pc, but it would appear that quite a few of the footbridges and gantries on the Aston tracks don't have track shadows.

For instance, on AS4R, bridges/gantries at Nodes 241, 640 and 649, amongst others.
lol bump lol
this isn't a bug, it's a limitation of the graphics engine.

Aston Shadow
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG