Speaker system
(13 posts, started )
Speaker system
Hello there

Soon a beautiful Nokia N8 will arrive in the post, but i have a question: If i have 5.1 speakers plugged into my PC and i want to use my Nokia as the "media player" so to speak, how could i do that without unplugging the sound system from the PC?

The nokia has HDMI output of dolby 5.1 surround sound so using it as a media player shouldn't be a problem, it's just a question of going from HDMI to 3x 3.5mm jacks right? Green, Black, Pink. But it'd be best if i didn't have to actually unplug the speakers from the system....

I also have a monitor with HDMI capability if that could be of any use, as well as a HD5850 with Displayport out. (Regarding this, i wonder if audio could go from Nokia HDMI>DISPLAYPORT>INTO GRAPHICS CARD>THROUGH SOUND SYSTEM?)..
No.

You need an external box (Stereo Receiver), then to hook up your PC speakers to that, and then from that to your monitor an HDMI cable. Then run one from your PC to the Receiver, and another one for your Crapkia Sh8.

that's the easiest without unplugging anything. You can't use your GPU as an input. It's an output only device.
i have 3 sets of speakers that were lying around my house attached to my computer, so thats directly in front of me, in front of me, kinda to the sides, and behind me. i want all to be used while listening to music, and LFS, but i want surround sound in the games that support it. i dont want to unplug every time i change something, and i have a subwoofer (if it matters).

i have windows seven home premium, 64 bit.

is this possible? are there any programs?

/hijack
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No.

that's the easiest without unplugging anything.

Gonna be a pain in the ass... What's the best way allowing for unplugging?

Thanks
Well. Because you want surround sound, you're still gonna need an AV receiver.
#6 - majod
im not sure if its quetly possible what you want since hdmi is for digital data and jack for analouge...only dvi sends analouge+digital...but without sound

if you want to connect your phone to a lcd tv, which has multiple hdmi ins with audio out (jack), you can simply buy a jack splitter, which allows you to connect same speakers to multiple devices...however if you want to connect your phone to a pc monitor without analouge sound output, you can't connect your speakers without another devices - like receiver as mentioned above...
Except he needs the AV receiver anyways. What he's asking is

[Phone] -> [Monitor] -> [Speakers]

However, he wants surround sound, and most monitors only have a single, 3.5mm out. Also, he's asking for surround sound as done by PC speakers.. which is done on the sound card.

He needs:

[Phone] --> [AV Receiver] --> [Monitor]
........................L-> [Speakers]
Don't worry about the Monitor, i just thought PHONE > SPEAKERS would be pretty cool seeing as a headset is only needed sound through my PC...

Quote from dawesdust_12 :
..which is done on the sound card...

The nokia has 5.1 dolby surround sound out..
I just don't get how i go from HDMI> surround sound speakers which have 3x 3.5mm jack ins...
Yu need the AV receiver. That is what will take the surround output from your Phone, and split them into their unique channels.
Ok.

I was thinking perhaps there was a HDMI> 3x 3.5mm jack adapter, but there isn't. Meh

Tanx bois
That's impossible as it needs some manner of processing as HDMI is a digital signal, whereas 3.5mm jacks carry an analogue signal. That's what the AV receiver actually does, is it converts the digital signal into analogue.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :That's impossible as it needs some manner of processing as HDMI is a digital signal, whereas 3.5mm jacks carry an analogue signal. That's what the AV receiver actually does, is it converts the digital signal into analogue.

Oh shit didn't know that, thanks for the clear explanation dawes!

<3
-
(aroX123) DELETED by aroX123

Speaker system
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG