The online racing simulator
Quote from Flame CZE :Oh, really? What job?

counting money he did with lfs, or watching the money get more.
Quote from Udris1992 :we need to create lfs strike for 1 week it would be cool no one plays lfs and in lfs.net show 0 players online

Yes that would really show the evil dev team the errors of there way..

Next!
Quote from Udris1992 :we need to create lfs strike for 1 week it would be cool no one plays lfs and in lfs.net show 0 players online

pfff, nonsense. They would've most likely stopped it FOR GOOD.
Quote from Senninha25 :pfff, nonsense. They would've most likely stopped it FOR GOOD.

I dont think so. They maybe even would not see that, that there are no players online :ices_rofl:clapclap:
I love my sig.
haha so true
Almost at 200 pages

fuel for fire
just something that caught my eyes surfing to one of my bookmarks...

Palatov Motorsport, the guy that build the DP1, has teamed up with some RFactor modder group to test his car and different tunes of it in a sim. I remeber when he joined this forum some time (years?) back and offered the Dev's to include his car for free... guess they said no after all.

http://www.dpcars.net/dplite/dm.htm

:sadbanana
So what cars and tracks did the devs refuse to include?
That car is awesome.. I love reading stuff like this
Also, pulling 4G is great! Too bad they are wasting time with rFactor, that game isn't a sim.
rfactor is pretty good if you feed it with the right data.

At that point, current LFS tire model is useless for testing settings that could work in real cars. And everyone who has tried to make a setup in LFS, knowing what he is doing and not randomly changing values by feel, can confirm that.
Arrow Tyre Physics Progress Report [ + Scirocco discussion ]
Tyre Physics Progress Report [ + Scirocco discussion ]
Hello LFS Racers,

As we said in our news item on 21st August, we have been working on a new tyre physics model. It has a good mathematical basis for the forces a tyre produces under varying circumstances and does feel good to drive, so we are very pleased with the new model. The new physics and plans for the VW Scirocco have inspired some other developments that are now important to get the best experience from the updates.

Most of the remaining development is in the following sections :

- Tyre heating and cooling
- AI driver improvements
- Limited setup system
- Suspension updates
- VW stability control

We'll now talk a little about these things, and some of our plans. Please be aware that these are just plans as we see them now. Plans can change, and they often do, so it is very likely that some things you read below will be different from the final result.

Tyre heating and cooling

As the tyre model is completely different, both in the contact patch (frictional effects) and also the way the tyre reacts to loads (deflection depending on air pressure and sidewall stiffness) the old tyre heating system no longer worked properly. So we have been trying new things, with some success, but at this time there are still noticeable issues that need to be sorted out. We found it impossible to simply use the old heating model with some adjusted figures as we had hoped. Some more real updates are needed to get the heating and cooling of tyres right.

AI driver improvements

Just recently we discovered that the AI were driving around too slowly because they were underestimating the available grip. But because available grip depends on tyre load in a non-linear way, it turns out that some of the programming for the AI drivers needs a little reorganising. Many community members like to drive with AI in single player mode, so it is important for them to drive at a good speed.

Limited setup system

We mentioned before that the VW Scirocco would be our first car with a limited setup. But as time went by, that plan changed a little. We realised that limited setups would be a popular option for online hosts. It is a feature that has often been requested. It would allow people to race in road cars that feel like road cars (not stiffened and lowered) and still be competitive. So we decided the limited setups should be an option that applies to many of the LFS cars. For example, in limited setup mode, the standard road cars would only allow tyre pressure and toe adjustments. The LX6 / RAC / FZ5 class (LRF) would also allow compression and rebound damping to be adjusted along with ride height and adjustable anti roll bars (in some cases). The idea is to allow the same adjustments you could make on the real car without changing any parts.

Suspension updates

In order to implement the limited setup system, we needed some good standard setups, the kind that these cars would have in real life. In comparison with most LFS setups currently in use, the new default road car setups are a lot softer. Our testers noticed that with the new setups some cars can be a bit tricky at times, for example when adjusting the accelerator while cornering or when braking into corners. In real life, the suspension geometry is designed to produce an anti-dive effect under braking and anti-squat under acceleration. This has until now been absent from the LFS suspension systems, but now looks like an important development to support the realistic setups.

VW stability control

The special traction control and stability control systems for the VW Scirocco still need to be completed. We don't intend to make this as complex and refined as the real VW systems. We do want to recreate some of the beneficial effects of those systems that can apply individual wheel brakes to help the car go where the driver wants it to, when things begin to get out of shape.

We hope this progress report gives some insight into what has been going on. As you can see there are still important things to be completed. It's hard to know how long the tyre heat and suspension updates will take, so we are still not able to estimate a release date.

A reminder :
- The new physics will be a free update for all LFS users
- The VW Scirocco will be available to S1 and S2 license holders

If read clearly it states that they can not give a time to how long these updates will take, So i no, when they are here, they will be good updates, As they usually are.
-
(speed1230) DELETED by speed1230
Old post is old, i 've seen this one ages ago
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Quote from Nadeo4441 :So what cars and tracks did the devs refuse to include?

- Mondello Park :shhh:
Always feeling hopeful that something would be out everything I check LFS. However, it has been over a year of checking a few times a week, and still nothing.

Hopefully it will come out on Christmas; that would be THE BEST Christmas present ever!
Yeah it would be an Awesome present indeed.. I also check several times a week hoping to see some new blood.

But every time my patience goes down, I realize that while we are waiting for that mighty patch Scawen got the job to program the whole thing with all the responsibility and devotion it takes.

I'm also pretty sure that he wants this patch out more than any of us.
Now everyone is trusting that they really will release it in 2009. That is bullshit guys. Developers estimated to release it in 2009 or what ever it was. They didn't make it, because basically its too much work in that limit of time for three guys. And it's totally shame, when everyone is just speaking about LFS death / developers hoax.

So please, be patient and don't cry. I appreciate their work - you guys should too.
I'm curious how that "expect some good releases this year" works out.
We all should stop playing and start a massive strike to see whether the devs are really not available or they'll start to do something to get us back...
Quote from Mysho :We all should stop playing and start a massive strike to see whether the devs are really not available or they'll start to do something to get us back...

i think you're a couple pages behind... (or maybe it was another thread...)

the long and the short of it, we all probably have money sitting in our LFS accounts, not putting any more money towards the game would be pointless.

and there's no way in hell that you'd be able to convince everyone to shut down all the demo servers...

and really, what would it accomplish? it might save victor and scawen a few bucks on bandwidth costs, if anything.
I won't stop playing online..
First of all, I am happy that LFS is already such a great sim, i'm totally enjoying it and driving leagues etc, learning even more, getting faster. There is lot of things to do, like TVE's stupid races, they're so much fun People in TS while driving like maniac's were saying that how can anyone call LFS dead as it was so funny. There is many leagues running, you can get lots of enjoyment from them.. I don't really get the idea of saying LFS is dead, there is hundreds league racers going around, hundreds of cruisers, hundreds of public racers, hundreds of demo racers..

It's true it's been such a long time after they announced it but you should be able to wait for something very special.
Quote from GenesisX :
Hopefully it will come out on Christmas; that would be THE BEST Christmas present ever!

You can set that out of your mind. About a month to go and there is not even a test forum on the index.
Quote from Hahmo :I don't really get the idea of saying LFS is dead

Quote :there is hundreds league racers going around

except that not all of us have the time to devote to a league or even a team.

Quote :hundreds of cruisers (ed: and drifters)

whom have no interest in real racing.

Quote :hundreds of public racers

which run crap combos that nobody wants, or become crash fests because of poor administration.

Quote :hundreds of demo racers..

whom can't drive 95% of the content in the game.

Quote :It's true it's been such a long time after they announced it but you should be able to wait for something very special.

so how long should we wait? 2015? 2020?
Quote from cargame.nl :You can set that out of your mind. About a month to go and there is not even a test forum on the index.

I think everyone would be happy if a test patch came out before the new year...
Bunder, they're still players. They keep the game alive. That's just simple as that.

I don't know how long we should wait, I can't decide when the devs release the content so meh.

E: And there is many good combos going around in public racing that even I enjoy racing if there is mature enough drivers
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG