The online racing simulator
Visually improve skin
(21 posts, started )
Visually improve skin
please can someone make this skin better?

id really appreciate it
thanks
Attached images
UFR_LF-LFS.JPG
It is ok to say better but people opinions on better are different.
So how would you like it to be better?
#3 - joen
I had a quick go at this. never skinned a UF before, I'll have to fix some errors.
it's not finished, I kept to your original mostly and added a little more of the retro idea.
I don't think the blue of your team name will go well with the green.

But like Greboth said, it's hard to make somebody else's skin better. I know what I like for my skins, but ofcourse I don't know what you like By better do you mean the design or just the technical execution? In case of the latter I can make it more like your original if you want. Your call
Have a look and give me your thoughts about it. Don't hesitate to say what you think should be different.
Do you want some sponsor decals on it for instance? If so, any particular ones?
If you like it, I'll finish it up tomorrow night.
Attached images
ufanbiddulph.jpg
ufanbiddulph2.jpg
Quote from joen :I had a quick go at this. never skinned a UF before, I'll have to fix some errors.
it's not finished, I kept to your original mostly and added a little more of the retro idea.
I don't think the blue of your team name will go well with the green.

But like Greboth said, it's hard to make somebody else's skin better. I know what I like for my skins, but ofcourse I don't know what you like By better do you mean the design or just the technical execution? In case of the latter I can make it more like your original if you want. Your call
Have a look and give me your thoughts about it. Don't hesitate to say what you think should be different.
Do you want some sponsor decals on it for instance? If so, any particular ones?
If you like it, I'll finish it up tomorrow night.

Like his but with more graphics?
please ceep them those colours but nice one joen
#5 - joen
Ok, but by saying more graphics you mean more lines and things like that? Or things like logo's? If you have any thoughts about that please post them
I've been trying out some things but they don't really come out right. The general feel of the car is quite retro, bit like the old yellow-green Lotus liveries. And those come out best if they remain quite minimal I think. So by adding to much it looses that feel imo.
But you're the boss So please tell me what you would like to have added to it
#6 - Smax
Quote from joen :Ok, but by saying more graphics you mean more lines and things like that? Or things like logo's? If you have any thoughts about that please post them
I've been trying out some things but they don't really come out right. The general feel of the car is quite retro, bit like the old yellow-green Lotus liveries. And those come out best if they remain quite minimal I think. So by adding to much it looses that feel imo.
But you're the boss So please tell me what you would like to have added to it

lines

i dont like the idea of sponsors
you could get sued by the company (highly unlikely)
#8 - joen
Quote from anbiddulph :lines

i dont like the idea of sponsors
you could get sued by the company (highly unlikely)

I think it's very very very unlikely Look at how many people are using sponsor logo's on their car, they don't get into trouble.
But anyway, you don't want any sponsor logo's at all? Because I was thinking of using some of the logo's Smax posted (thanks Smax )
The Castrol one shouldn't be a problem, because they are officially affiliated with LFS.
Or some LFS related fictional sponsors (like cromo or injext for example)?
I'll see if I can get more work on it done tonight, I have some other things to take care of unfortunately. But I'll finish it tomorrow at the latest.
Quote from joen :I think it's very very very unlikely Look at how many people are using sponsor logo's on their car, they don't get into trouble.
But anyway, you don't want any sponsor logo's at all? Because I was thinking of using some of the logo's Smax posted (thanks Smax )
The Castrol one shouldn't be a problem, because they are officially affiliated with LFS.
Or some LFS related fictional sponsors (like cromo or injext for example)?
I'll see if I can get more work on it done tonight, I have some other things to take care of unfortunately. But I'll finish it tomorrow at the latest.

ok a few
oh and by the way, on the back in white letters can u put www.jcb1993.co.uk/forum

thanks
#10 - joen
How's this?

Don't pay attention to the black bit on the back, will be fixed
Attached images
002.jpg
Quote from joen :How's this?

Don't pay attention to the black bit on the back, will be fixed

WTF?!?!
THATS GR8!
CAN you post it in lfs form? (IE 512x512)

u wanna join the team?
u will be co-leader
#12 - joen
Yes I will post the final skinfile later. I have to do the other side of the car, and fix some errors, maybe make some little changes.

Glad you like it

I answered your pm btw
#13 - joen
Ok, I think it's done, unless you have some final wishes
I attached a 1024*1024 version, just under 400Kb, so you can upload that to LFS World. Also a 2048*2048 version. If you put that one in your skins folder and give it the same name as the one uploaded to LFS World, you will see the higher quality version in the game. Although I don't think the difference will be very big, but, well, here it is anyway
Attached images
preview.jpg
UFR_Anbiddulph1024.jpg
UFR_Anbiddulph2048.jpg
#14 - Smax
Good skin mate I like that a lot, well done.
#15 - joen
Thanks mate Thanks for the logo's
nice job, butI'm not sure of the union jack roof with the lotus colours.
Nicely done though
Quote from joen :Ok, I think it's done, unless you have some final wishes
I attached a 1024*1024 version, just under 400Kb, so you can upload that to LFS World. Also a 2048*2048 version. If you put that one in your skins folder and give it the same name as the one uploaded to LFS World, you will see the higher quality version in the game. Although I don't think the difference will be very big, but, well, here it is anyway

Thankyou.
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!!!
#18 - joen
I take it you like it then
You're welcome
I'll have a look at making some adjustments on the skin so it will fit the UF1 nicely as well.

@Al: yeah, it wouldn't be something I would have chosen, but anbiddulph requested to improve on his skin. So, I wanted to keep it at least a bit like the original.
Quote from joen :I take it you like it then
You're welcome
I'll have a look at making some adjustments on the skin so it will fit the UF1 nicely as well.

@Al: yeah, it wouldn't be something I would have chosen, but anbiddulph requested to improve on his skin. So, I wanted to keep it at least a bit like the original.

nice 1

it fits the uf1 nicely so dont bother but could you convert it so it could fit the xfr

it doesnt matter if u cant but your help would be appretiated

ps: can you post the 512x512 skin? it makes it blurry when you decreace the size

thanks m8
#20 - joen
The yellow around the wheels should be smaller to fit around the UF1 parts. The skin as it is looks a bit silly on the UF1 imo. It's just a small adjustment, so I'll post it and you can decide for yourself.

I'll look into making the skin for the XFR in the next couple of days.

Here's the 512*512 version of the skin. It will be blurry as well though, probably more than the bigger version.
Attached images
UFR_Anbbidulph512.jpg
Quote from joen :The yellow around the wheels should be smaller to fit around the UF1 parts. The skin as it is looks a bit silly on the UF1 imo. It's just a small adjustment, so I'll post it and you can decide for yourself.

I'll look into making the skin for the XFR in the next couple of days.

Here's the 512*512 version of the skin. It will be blurry as well though, probably more than the bigger version.

thx it ait blurry no more (b4 u couldnt make out the mini cooper thing)

do u wanna join the team?
because u made the team skin u will be the co-leader...

Visually improve skin
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG