The online racing simulator
Having a problem with graphics
(8 posts, started )
Just wondering if anyone can help me out..

Ever since I had to format my computer last month, my LFS graphics are "blocky" if you know what I mean.

Everything used to look smooth, but now everything is pixelated, ive been changing the settings endlessley but im not getting anywhere.

My frame rate used to be around 50fps, and now its around 130fps... which accounts for the lower quality.

I have an ati radeon 9800 xt, all drivers installed and up to date..

All the obvious settings seem ok (1024x768 32bit 85Hz...etc)

Dose anyone know what settings I should change?
Thanks for your time.

Hopefully you can see what I mean:
You need to turn up AA and AF, which cant be done in LFS, you need to do it in your GFX card control panel.
Is it the "jaggies" you mean or?
It looks like jaw.teeth's at som angles when lookin at objects.

If so enable "antialiasing" in you graphics-card settings. Try X4 or something.

(rightclick your desktop/properties/settings/advanced/your graphics-card/settings-picture quality or something)
Ive just been in my graphics card settings, everything was set to X4, so I upped them to X6 for direct draw and open gl..... but its made no difference.
I havent a clue what it could be...
#5 - Jakg
your resolution perhaps? 1024*768 is a bit low
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
Quote from AlexDowndated :All the obvious settings seem ok (1024x768 32bit 85Hz...etc)

your attached ss is only 800X600 check in lfs options and try higher res also check your LCD/CRT display has not locked itself to 800x600, (you may need a monitor .inf file or a GFX driver reinstall)

I would recomend just using the ATI 3D quality slider and set to highest quality, however, I use ati tray tools and "lock max quality", that way I know all external settings are going to apply to LFS

Goodluck
And if you have a TFT monitor check that you have enabled "show non-square" modes in the options settings ingame so you could use higher graphics settings
Cheers for everyones advice, ive tried everything everyone has said, but im still getting really jagged edges....... im going to download the demo version of lfs and see if i get the same problem.
cheers.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG