The online racing simulator
UK Storms
(17 posts, started )
UK Storms
High winds knocked out my internet last night & today its like using dial up.
Anyone else been effected?
Main phone line doesn't work here.
Couldn't climb any trees yesterday so just had to work on the ground. Great fun though working in strong winds
#4 - 5haz
Got fairly windy here but nothing serious at all, must've gone North. Some heavy squalls for a time though, when I was out walking of course. :doh:
Quote from 5haz :Got fairly windy here but nothing serious at all, must've gone North.

Same, although the wind was pushing the car about last night on the way back home.... and nearly hit a bag of rubbish that got blown into the road when I was doing 50mph... Buuuut, other than that, not a lot.
#6 - Jakg
Norwich Road was closed on the way home so I had to take an "interesting" long-cut involving several blown down trees and then this:

Wasnt that bad today, yesterday though...
A woman was killed by a falling tree in Wakefield last night, apparently.

We were supposed to have a recycling collection this morning, so we put out our tubs of glass and cans and paper and shit, and half an hour later a huge gust of wind picked up the lot and emptied them on top of passing cars. Spent the next half hour picking up garbage while motorists banged their horns (like that will round up empty bottles somehow) and watching the lighter bits blow away.
Was fine where i live
No problems I'm aware of up here. Northerners eat lots of beans so we're used to strong gusts of wind.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from Bob Smith :No problems I'm aware of up here. Northerners eat lots of beans so we're used to strong gusts of wind.

Exactly! I've been telling them that its just a bit breezy, obviously we're tuned in to a more extreme climate up here. Its so windy where it lives my head tends to resemble this shape:

Quote from Jakg :Norwich Road was closed on the way home so I had to take an "interesting" long-cut involving several blown down trees and then this:

It's only a foot deep, you could have made it....
#13 - Jakg
Quote from Crashgate3 :It's only a foot deep, you could have made it....

DOH! Didn't notice the measurement till now!

It looked a lot deeper at the time... honest...
Quote from Bob Smith :No problems I'm aware of up here. Northerners eat lots of beans so we're used to strong gusts of wind.

ROFL

It's been gorgeous here the last few days. 5-10 degrees Celsius, sunny and next to no wind. T-Shirt and shorts weather
I got wet
I hope you turned on private browsing.
It's a bit windy.... Driving is more interesting.

Apart from that, meh.

UK Storms
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG