The online racing simulator
Scale models - Mrt.
(32 posts, started )
Scale models - Mrt.
Does anybody know, if that car is available as a tiny scale model.

I have several ufr in different colors - I need that Mrt :-)
You have UFRs as a scalemodel? Pics!
Like this :-)

Its the mini cooper.
Attached images
minicooper.jpg
hey, it would be sweet to have models of the various LFS cars. I think i would like an XRT model the most. I wonder if there is a model RAC anywhere. that would be sweet
Lol - The Rac.
I would buy it, and hammer it, with a heavy stick.
The UFR is based on the old mini, not the new one.
Quote from alland44 :Lol - The Rac.
I would buy it, and hammer it, with a heavy stick.

why?

the RAC is great! :headbang:
Quote from Leifde :The UFR is based on the old mini, not the new one.

The old mini`s cost`s heavy bucks in my country. I can`t, or rather i wouldn`t, afford them.
haha.. I got that one too. -but mine's the old mini
Attached images
mini.jpg
who was that person that said they know someone with a CnC machine and were going to cut out one of the cars, i think he talked about it on RSC but i cant remember who it was
#11 - JJ72
it is viable with a CNC machine, but first you have to add a lot of details into the models and probably redo the interior as well, then you have to split the model into parts and laid it out in one piece, and try to CNC it in as few go as possible.

hard work!
I think the best possbility would be to sinter the complete model. You could sinter the whole car in one piece, including interior. But it's really expensive to sinter parts.... Believe me, we do sinter many parts for our FSAE car.

greets,
Warper
I think I remember Danowat saying he had access to CNC workshops

come on Dan I would like to order a nice FZR model in time for xmas

hehe

SD.
I want one of the FXO
Yeah, its certainly viable, the only problem is the time / cost factor, I have access to all the required software and machinery, I used NCG Machining Strategist software daily (CAM) and we have plenty of 3 axis CNC machines.

If someone can send me a LFS car model converted into IGS format (don't have time to do it myself), I can knock one up and see what it looks like, and how long it takes, I could do it out of solid Aluminium, wood or fibre board.

There is another possiblity, printing it out on a 3D printer, trouble is the cost factor of that is quite high, plus the detail/resoloution isnt that hot.

Dan,
#16 - shim
and also Dan, ya would need Scavier's permission..
I dont know why he would need any permissions to do that if he doesnt going to sell it and have money for it.

And FZR from solid aluminium would be uber
Of course, if it was a viable thing to do I would, but in the first instance of me trying it out I don't, its not really any different from me making a render.

Dan,
Certainly possible, not sure what the result will be, but I am sure I can have a solid Aluminium FZR in a short space of time, heck if its not that good (the model is a little faceted when put into the machining software) then I have a nice doorstop/paperwieght LOL.

Dan,
Attached images
Image4.jpg
Cool, ive done that sort of stuff with ProEngineer
Dan, your going to have to get someone (if not me, but im not home so if anyone else is willing to do so), is turn all tri's into quads on the model and meshsmooth it for you, so its not so edgy
I know, my native machining format is IGES, all I can get out of max is 3DS or DXF, then into Rhino and out to IGES, thats the result I get, I don't have time to mess about fixing it, so if someone can supply me with a smooth IGES file of the FZR then please PM me.

Dan,
#23 - JJ72
how much is the cost of a soild block of aluminium for say a 1:48 model?
Maybe this will come in handy:

http://ogle.eyebeamresearch.org/results

application that capture the entire game scene to 3dstudio, Maya or whatever you like.
Sweet, LFS merchendise! Collect em all..

Scale models - Mrt.
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG