The online racing simulator
Google Chromium OS (Flow build by Hexxeh)
(11 posts, started )
Hi I'd like to ask if any of you guys used to boot this from USB? I followed all instructions from Hexxeh's site but couldn't boot into it from my USB though nothing's wrong with it.

I'm half-guessing it's with my processor. After loading with the screen with blinking cursor, all I see afterwards is a black screen and no keys react but my ethernet and wireless seem connected. Any ideas what's incompatible?
#2 - DeKo
Quote from hiroshima guy :Hi I'd like to ask if any of you guys used to boot this from USB? I followed all instructions from Hexxeh's site but couldn't boot into it from my USB though nothing's wrong with it.

I'm half-guessing it's with my processor. After loading with the screen with blinking cursor, all I see afterwards is a black screen and no keys react but my ethernet and wireless seem connected. Any ideas what's incompatible?

I think it's your flux capacitor.

Seriously, you need to post a bit more information, we can't guess what hardware your system has.
has the warp core over loaded? Try diverting power to antimatter containment see if that helps.
You guys are idiots.

Hiroshima guy.. It's known Hexxeh's builds don't have quite full Linux hardware support. It should work on most to all netbooks though.
Yeah I'm guessing it's my processor for a first. I saw on Hexxeh's compat list, and saw a laptop of the same series that I have, that didn't work too and showed the same signs of trouble. It's a laptop anyway.

My hardware specs:
Computer model: ASUS A42JK
Processor: Intel Core i5-520M @ 2.4GHz and 2.93 after turbo'd (Dual-core and 2 threads per core)
RAM: 4GB DDR3 @ 1066MHz
HDD: 500GB SATA running in IDE mode
MoBo: Intel HM55 series (not very sure)
GFX: ATi Mobility Radeon 5145 with 1GB dedicated VRAM
SFX: Realtek HD Audio
Ethernet: JMicron LAN card
WiFi: Atheros 9285

Hmm I'm not sure if that's enough for you guys to know. Well at least having some predictions of what's happening might help.
Probably not processor but mobo or chipset.
Then I guess there's nothing I can do. You tried it on your computer before?
#8 - Bean0
It worked on my Advent 4211.
Seemed a bit rubbish tbh.
ROFL that definitely isn't for heavy use. Google's OS is for web-surfing and everything is in the clouds, so yeah it's quite limited.
Quote from hiroshima guy : Then I guess there's nothing I can do. You tried it on your computer before?

Nope. There's loads of evidence around the internet that there's no Mac support.
Mine isn't a Mac. It's a Windows-compat lappy. Unless you're talking about yours? I think Hexxeh did have an entry on his devblog that states his success in booting from a Mac.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG